Charity Corner 2018: Perks Shop Opens!

hrtbrk

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

finally :)

congrats on getting your awards

did you have 0 NP on hand  ? haha

Yeah I always put whatever I end up with on hand in the bank at the end of the day. I confuse myself hugely if I've forgotten to do that and there's cash there in the morning. :laugh:

So now I'll see about that royal avatar! :D

I'm kinda 50/50 on how I feel about this. I can definitely see how some of the perks are worth it for people who donated a ton of items, which is great. But I only donated like... 1800 points worth XD That was just what I had on hand from my SDB and from dailies. Which is cool. I'm happy about the silver trophy and avatar from all that. And I'm happy with the site theme perk (got Tale of Woe which I'm super pleased with and Valentine's Day which I really thought I already had). I also got the avatar perk, which gave me the second Royal Korbat avatar. Cool with that too.

Now I have zero clue how to spend the rest of my points. There's nothing particularly appealing left for me. I am interested in the Battledome stats boost, so once that goes active I might do that. Otherwise, I'm super unsure :c

13 hours ago, Midgetlegs said:

I got the Krawk Island theme. I haven't really paid much attention to the site themes before this. Is there a way to tell what the second theme is that we got from the event?

Just by looking through your themes in your site prefs and see if there's any you don't recognise.

Krawk Island was the other one that I got.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:25 PM, Emily said:

Now I feel like a dope for only bothering to get 21 points haha. I assumed we would just get items as prizes. Trying to decide which theme to get, since I missed quite a few old plots on this account.

I think they just give you a random one instead of letting you pick

It seems they just gave everyone the other Royal Korbat avatar. *sigh*

So far I've used the Avatar and Site Theme boons but I haven't really decided what else to use my points on. I' m considering starting to play Train Your Dragon to access that boon.... Some of the others don't make much sense like the play without Ads ... 

Also, Has anyone noticed tat the General Store is still closed? I didn't even know that it closed during Charity Corner and is reopened when it's done... so like it's done so what's the hold up? LOL

54 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

It seems they just gave everyone the other Royal Korbat avatar. *sigh*

So far I've used the Avatar and Site Theme boons but I haven't really decided what else to use my points on. I' m considering starting to play Train Your Dragon to access that boon.... Some of the others don't make much sense like the play without Ads ... 

Also, Has anyone noticed tat the General Store is still closed? I didn't even know that it closed during Charity Corner and is reopened when it's done... so like it's done so what's the hold up? LOL

Depends, I saw a lot of annoyed people at the Neoboards who got the Emo Usuki avatar (and some then looked at their shop front and promptly lost it again). (So I'm going to double check if I have that one before choosing this perk.)

That's weird, maybe they just forgot they closed it? XD

On 3/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, Nielo said:

Depends, I saw a lot of annoyed people at the Neoboards who got the Emo Usuki avatar (and some then looked at their shop front and promptly lost it again). (So I'm going to double check if I have that one before choosing this perk.)

That's weird, maybe they just forgot they closed it? XD

Of course JS would give out an avatar that you can lose *rolls eyes* And I really won't be surprised if they actually forgot about the General Store.... <_<

Why are people disappointed with the royal usul, isn't this pretty much the only chance to ever get it? :biggrin:

Also, I wonder when those perks I want will be out of the 'coming soon' phase...

I just got 2 themes, actually! I had 19 before I did that, I was told that I got Qasalan theme, but when refreshed, my userlookup says I have 21 themes. Although I didnt check which ones I already had and I can only guess now which is the newest as well, it seems I received 2 of them (I will check what's new tomorrow, maybe...)

still, a great idea and great initiative from the team :) Although I am not a fan of the fact there's just one 100 point boon. If you have not get 1000+ due to lack of time and items, you need to focus only on 1 possible boon (not counting one-time avatar and one-time theme boon), which is literally no choice...

6 hours ago, BEE. said:

I just went to visit the general store, but I can't buy anything because of the Charity Corner event. Has it closed due to this before? How long after the event does it reopen?

I don't remember it closing last year (but I might be wrong about that), but I'm pretty sure they just forgot to re-open it, as there doesn't appear to be a reason for it to still be closed.

9 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Apply Perk

Your interest rate at the bank has been raised by 3%.
Random event added successfully
Expires on 
2019-04-04 

You spot Balthazar making a mad dash away from some pursuing faeries. In his haste, he drops Weak Bottled Air Faerie and you pick it up. Now... what do do with it?

hahahahaahahahahah what a great start :P i feel i just wasted 5000 Points 

i will see how the 7 days turn out before i apply it again 

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Apply Perk

Your interest rate at the bank has been raised by 3%.
Random event added successfully

WHAT? theyre released! YEssssss. Too bad I already bought my stock at 15 NP today. haha yes Im so excited. 

4 hours ago, xoxlexox01 said:

The bank one isn't working :(.

I am sad.

I have 3,199 points left !.

Interest Rate:

12.5% 15.5% per year

it's working for me .. and it expires next year

*** i also got the Inventory Boon .. now my Inventory can hold 60 items (already preparing for next year's donations hehe)

Note: The Charity Corner 'Spiked!' perk does not stack with the Skirmish boon of the same name, which leaves you free to choose another boon should you be a member of the winning faction at the Battleground of the Obelisk. 

I wasn't aware there's a "Spiked!" boon in the Battleground of Obelisk? What does it do?

I've never seen it as a skirmish boon either, but I see I can apply for it now in the CC perk shop, I've been waiting for it so I'm going to see what it does in the shop.

Edit: I just did and it's random too unfortunately.

First time: Your pet's movement increased by 10

Second time: Your pet's health increased by 10

I was hoping for defense as that's the one I'm training, I just hope my health isn't too high now. I'm scared that I'll have to train level again before I can do anything else. :S

That's to bad :(.

I was excited when I saw it for 1000 points.Then I got disapointed 

when it got changed back to 5000 points.

I had around  3,179 points sadly.

So I have around 179 points left now :).

36 minutes ago, Duma said:

Edit: I just did and it's random too unfortunately.

First time: Your pet's movement increased by 10

Second time: Your pet's health increased by 10

I was hoping for defense as that's the one I'm training, I just hope my health isn't too high now. I'm scared that I'll have to train level again before I can do anything else. :S

So this perk, these increases are permanent? And they go to your active pet?

at least there's only one that likely to be useless. I guess just about everyone will end up with a movement increase because that's just how it goes, so I'm grateful that there's not two redundant training options because it would really suck to end up with both of them for this!

Don't worry about having to train level, you'd have had to do that at some point regardless. I think we all seem to have this reaction to stat increases xD But they ARE saving us big bucks, even if we do end up having to immediately start training level. :laugh: