Am I lucky to own two UC's :) do you own one ?

xoxlexox01

I do not own a UC, but I would love to have one one day. That's cool that you have two, actually!

1 hour ago, NeoStep said:

I do not own a UC, but I would love to have one one day. That's cool that you have two, actually!

OK this may be a pretty dumb question but how do you know if it is an unconverted pet or a converted pet and what's the difference?

14 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

OK this may be a pretty dumb question but how do you know if it is an unconverted pet or a converted pet and what's the difference?

If it's unconverted, it would have a different pose of its old art, such as a Faerie Kougra. Those pets cannot be customized whatsoever (exceptions being backgrounds and foregrounds), as a message in the NC Mall will say that your pet is using old art and cannot be customized unless you convert the pet to the new art style. Converted pets always have a fist up for holding items and keep the same expressions for every color you paint it. You can also dress them with clothes.

UCs are deemed valuable because they were back in Neopets's younger years, and some people have kept their pet unconverted. Converted pets can be valuable too, depending on a few attributes of your pet. Sometimes people often trade them to get up to a UC.

3 hours ago, NeoStep said:

If it's unconverted, it would have a different pose of its old art, such as a Faerie Kougra. Those pets cannot be customized whatsoever (exceptions being backgrounds and foregrounds), as a message in the NC Mall will say that your pet is using old art and cannot be customized unless you convert the pet to the new art style. Converted pets always have a fist up for holding items and keep the same expressions for every color you paint it. You can also dress them with clothes.

UCs are deemed valuable because they were back in Neopets's younger years, and some people have kept their pet unconverted. Converted pets can be valuable too, depending on a few attributes of your pet. Sometimes people often trade them to get up to a UC.

Thanks for all the info. I did go to a web page and check out the different tiers of pets. It had some highlighted and below was a list of what each pet was. There was a message on the page that said *go here* if you want to know more about how this works. I did but the page had questions but not one answer. I just left without investigating further.

3 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

Thanks for all the info. I did go to a web page and check out the different tiers of pets. It had some highlighted and below was a list of what each pet was. There was a message on the page that said *go here* if you want to know more about how this works. I did but the page had questions but not one answer. I just left without investigating further.

You are welcome. And I think that page was a FAQ about trading for UCs.

2 hours ago, xoxlexox01 said:

yes,that was a page for knowing what tiers the 

UC's are in.

It's good to follow if you want to trade for a certain 

UC and I love seeing there pictures :).

Yes but on that page was a name to link to that was suppose to show FAQ's and have answers to questions. That site had NO information at all. If you know of a page that will explain the FAQ and some commonly asked questions I would like to know. Looking at pictures are fine but doesn't explain anything to me.

I am the proud owner of a UC Desert Aisha on my side account. PrincessDimitra was the first pet I painted.  I've been asked by various people if I will ever update her so I can customize her. My answer is always the same. "I'm not going to change her. I love her artwork the way it is. Feel free to check her out.

yes you are very lucky and i'm really jealous :P 

5 and 4 years is a lot of hard work and dedication 

congrats !!

my dream pet is a UC Halloween Lupe and UC Tyrannian Krawk

i know these will never come true 

i'm lucky cuz i owned a Halloween Lupe for a while before the conversion , and if i still had that account i'd never convert him 

@ Whitewolf

That is great about your UC Desert Aisha.

I can understand why you would say no :).

I won't ever convert my UC's.

@Angelo

ty :).

Goodluck with getting your dreams.

Once your account is 4 months old.

look for a short well named painted Neopet to train and then you try and trade for a Vwn UC to trade up.

http://www.neopets.com/~cineaste

has a questions and answers part :).

2 hours ago, xoxlexox01 said:

@ Whitewolf

@Angel6

look for a short well named painted Neopet to train and then you try and trade for a Vwn UC to trade up.

Went to the page above. It is all black and very hard to read. Sorry but this is a terrible page. Thank you though for trying to help.

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

Went to the page above. It is all black and very hard to read. Sorry but this is a terrible page. Thank you though for trying to help.

13 minutes ago, xoxlexox01 said:

Maybe you should try a different browser ?.

The Petpage works for me on puffin.

Yourwelcome.

I think it probably works just fine, but the combination of colours does make it hard to read. However, @Granny63020, if you do want to read it, I suggest selecting the text to make it stand out, or just copy it and paste it into a Word document. Not ideal, but if it's got information you want/need, it might be worth it. :)

@granny63020

ya,they had some very common questions answered.

If you wanted to learn more about UC's.

@ nielo

ya I agree with that also.

@ angelo

maybe if you had enough info,you could claim back your old account and get a new pw/pin ?.

15 minutes ago, xoxlexox01 said:

@ angelo

maybe if you had enough info,you could claim back your old account and get a new pw/pin ?.

i tried .. they said it was frozen a long time ago (2006) and can't access it anymore

14 hours ago, xoxlexox01 said:

@ Whitewolf

@Angelo

In my mind, UC pets have a beauty of their own. They remind us of how the pets used to look.

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

In my mind, UC pets have a beauty of their own. They remind us of how the pets used to look.

So, I wanted you to know that I did highlight the page and have a looksy. I also looked at that page yesterday? that had all the pet tiers. I saw several of the pets that I found to be just wonderful but not one that jumped off the page and grabbed me. If I were going to get one I would have to do some hard thinking before I jumped in and decided. I do have a question or 2 for you though. 1st what does Vwn mean? and 2nd are you saying people trade their UC pets for regular pets that have high stats? Is that all it takes to get one? If so what is considered high stats? Hope this isn't too many questions.

2 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

1st what does Vwn mean?

It stands for Very Well Named. Ideally, the idea is a pets name will start with a capital letter and not have numbers or characters in it. The names are also one word. The uniqueness of the name contributes to how well it's named. :D

7 hours ago, xoxlexox01 said:

http://www.neopets.com/~trelm

is a Bd Guide on how much hsd you need to train.

Also it depends on wether if the person likes the name.

WOW! I have been reading through this link and several others that was linked to this link. I can't believe how much there is out there about the UC pets. Amazing!!! Thanks for all the info.