my account has been frozen for multiple account abuse

jessodey

I've recently been frozen and have just now been told that i wont been unfrozen and im literally crying. My stress and anxiety due to work, general ongoing melancholy and my cat (who was my best friend for over 10 years) who passed on recently, they only thing that's helped me cope and actually made me happy. And its all because my 11 year old little sister made a fit about me not letting her use my account, to which my mother made me let her (she took my laptop physically way from me). A month or two of her using my account pass and i find out that shes been logging in to all my accounts to do dailies on each one! ive banned her from my accounts now but she wont tell me for how long she did it or why. On top of that i had been recently using the daily spin on all accounts not realizing that i wasn't allowed too. So here i am ugly crying at my laptop because my neopets mean an unhealthy amount to me and i genuinely cant cope. How do i go about this because I cant loose my pets. I would literally get on my knees and beg. If i had to remove all the neopoints i have on every account to get my accounts back, i would. Anything to get my pets back.

i mean 95 percent of what i believe i was frozen for was done without permission, i actually told her that she can only use my main account.

I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine how difficult this is for you. I'm not an expert in this area so hopefully others will chime in, but submitting a ticket to TNT is (I think) the only way to get in contact with them. As for coping, since it's unfortunately not a guarantee that you'll get your accounts back, you may have to start again. Luckily the community here is pretty friendly and I'm sure would be happy to help you get back on your feet, myself included.

You have already been told you won't be unfrozen, so any attempts to negotiate this decision may not provide any positive results.

Neopets has certain rules. Using multiple accounts and abusing them is considered a form of cheating. Accounts that have been frozen for cheating reasons will not be returned.

Here are the rules:

• You may not share accounts with ANYONE! Only you, the account owner is allowed to access your account.
  • Side accounts cannot participate in ANY activities that gives out items or neopoints. Random Events are the only exception to this. Trudy can be turned off in your preferences page for side accounts. I strongly suggest you do this for future side accounts. Also a good idea is to set your side with a different theme then your main. That way you can easily tell which account you're logged into.

By allowing your sister to access your account, you violated Neopets rules. Even if they were unknown to you. The only thing to really do right now is start over with a fresh account and maybe create one for your sister and keep her out of your account(s).

2 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

You have already been told you won't be unfrozen, so any attempts to negotiate this decision may not provide any positive results.

Neopets has certain rules. Using multiple accounts and abusing them is considered a form of cheating. Accounts that have been frozen for cheating reasons will not be returned.

Here are the rules:

• You may not share accounts with ANYONE! Only you, the account owner is allowed to access your account.
  • Side accounts cannot participate in ANY activities that gives out items or neopoints. Random Events are the only exception to this. Trudy can be turned off in your preferences page for side accounts. I strongly suggest you do this for future side accounts. Also a good idea is to set your side with a different theme then your main. That way you can easily tell which account you're logged into.

By allowing your sister to access your account, you violated Neopets rules. Even if they were unknown to you. The only thing to really do right now is start over with a fresh account and maybe create one for your sister and keep her out of your account(s).

She just said she didn't LET her, her mom made her, that's highly unfair that TNT won't understand that. If you're still in the home and have to do what you're parents say I can entirely say it's not her fault :( That really sucks.

The only thing I can say is she didn't know about the spins, which I get not every does, but it's good to look up things and do your research. I'm sorry this happened to you :(

44 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

She just said she didn't LET her, her mom made her, that's highly unfair that TNT won't understand that. If you're still in the home and have to do what you're parents say I can entirely say it's not her fault :( That really sucks.

TNT can't make concessions for situations like this though, because if they did it would be abused monstrously.

This is a very tough lesson for @jessodey to learn, but it is up to the user to know a site's rules and stick within them. I'm sure no parent would force a child to allow something that was against a site's rules. At least I'd really hope they wouldn't! @_@

Like Mouseykins says, the only option now is to start afresh, and NOT let your sister have your account info. It's horrible to lose all you had, but you CAN start afresh and not make the same mistakes again. So while this has been a nasty incident it's not a complete lose, especially as it should be a very sharp lesson for your sister, and maybe for your mum too, if she can learn that there are consequences to the parental laying down of the law about situations they don't actually know anything about.

So mourn for your old account, but don't wallow in misery for too long. Look to the future with hope and start anew.

sorry that you got frozen :(.

I know the feeling !.

there is only a chance TNT will give you a second chance.

what your mom made you do is against 

TNT's rules.

Account sharing is against the rules.

I had to restart playing Nepet's 6 years ago (I have logged onto a old account that had been left to rot)

for multiple account's

(I was given time to pound some 

Neopet's with my sister in law,2 cousins)

I still was frozen ,even though 

I didn't cheat :(.

I had 5 account's  and my mom had 3.

I had to get over losing around 17 UC's.

I had gotten one account back ,but the 

UC Baby Kougra got stolen and when she 

returned to my account she was converted.

I lost the B-date info,got pw and pin info.

lost access to the email account.

then found the B-date info.

I tried recreating the email.

I couldn't login to the Neopet's account 

Due to it being so long !.

So maybe it's best to start over and this

time let your sister wait 2 years to make her own account 

OR let her make one with a secure gmail account :).

Sorry about your loss about your cat.I lost my cat around 8 years ago.It took me 2 years to get over him.

Then I adopted a kitten from the wild and saved her life.

She is 4 years old now.

Her name is Cinnamon and she is 4 years old.

Maybe once you have grieved the loss,your Parents will let you get another Cat :).

I belive that your cat is watching over you.

I believe in Animal Heaven :).

You will see your cat again someday !.

Jess, I am so sorry for what happened to you. Unfortunately, your mother didn't understand how these sites work. It isn't the same as sharing a toy and letting her play with your stuff. I also know how difficult it is losing a cat. Most of us here have been through the trauma of a dying pet. I'm sure these two events together make this seem even worse. It may help to think that even though your cat's body is gone, they live on in our memories, so they are never really gone, just in a better place. :angel:

I have a few suggestions:

1. Have a talk with your mother. Tell her everything you're feeling, if she doesn't already know. Hopefully she will be understanding and helpful. 

2. I know this next part is hard, but learn to forgive. That means forgiving your mother, your sister, and even Neopets for their rules. Your relationship with your mother and sister last much longer than your time on this site, and is much more important. I suspect your little sister looks up to you and wants to be like you. Many of us were once either the older or younger sibling, so we know what it's like. If perchance your mother is less than ideal, you may have to be a parental figure to your sister someday. And she may greatly appreciate you for that and what she learns from you over the years. The love and relationships in your life are what should come first.

4. Neopets, and other games, are only as real as we make them. It's good that you have enjoyed your pets so much. But what they are is actually a product of what is inside of us. We create them to reflect what we are, or would like to be. Your cat died, and its memory will be with you forever. But your Neopets didn't really die. Their personalities will live on in the new pets you create. That is what has happened to so many players over the years. They were forced to start over. So don't see this as a personal defeat. It's not your fault. It isn't a loss, it's a victory, because you are the better person for still playing and starting over. They will live on, maybe with the same species, or perhaps new ones. Maybe different names, or similar ones. All you lost were some imaginary points and objects which can be replaced. What stays the same is the fun and good memories, whether the pet is a lower level or a higher one. You will love them just the same. And, because you were brave enough to open up and talk about this, I think you just made some new friends. We're here and willing to help. 

For some reason, I just had a flashback to Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Maybe you can relate to what she went through and learn from her. That story resonates over the ages because we all have to face things on that winding path of life and overcome them, and then learn to value the things we overlooked before. 

I am in agreement with Jelly, of course I usually amb), as well as Mouseykins.  TNT has rules, they are clearly stated, and they have to enforce them no matter how much it hurts.  I think when mom laid down the law, OP should have showed her the rules, told her that she would/could actually lose her account(s) for allowing lil sis to break them but that she would be more than willing to create a brand new account for her.  She could have sat down with lil sis and had her pick out her own pets, name them, pick out the colors and their personalities, etc.  That may have appeased the situation for mom and sis.  That way, no rules would be broken.  My son and I both have accounts.  He started playing when he was 9 and I was thirty er, uh, whatever.........anyway, I printed out the parental permission form, signed it, and scanned it back to them.  I can remember him waiting and waiting for access to account.  He would try every day.  Then one day, boom, there it was!  So, I KNOW that TNT is VERY MUCH AWARE that there are two of us playing from the same IP address and sometimes, even the same computer.  People have said to put a note in the user look up stating that you have a sibling, spouse, or child with an account.  IDK if this really works, but I know in the 10 yrs we have been playing with 2 accounts (obviously with VERY different game preferences and such) we haven't had any issues.  IDK how old OP is, but I would recommend after they start a new account, they may want to look into having mom sign that parental permission slip.  It is SOOOOOOO easy to do, especially nowadays.  All you need to do is print it out, sign it, take a pic with a smart phone and send it as an email attachment.  That way, there is NO confusion on the part of TNT. 

As far as starting over, sometimes it is actually a good thing.  There is always something about an old account that you wish you could change.  A pet name maybe, a type of pet, account name, SOMETHING.  And, as others have said, TDN and everyone here is here to help you.  That is what and why we are here and believe it or not, we actually ENJOY doing it!!  The staff and the members alike.  So don't be afraid to ask for help.  Good luck.  And really, don't let it get you down.  You already have enough on your plate.  Starting over isn't as difficult as it seems.  Promise.

Sorry to hear you lost your accounts. I know how that feels especially when it's not of your doing. And you lost your cat at the same time. real and virtual pets gone together. Sometimes... life is really, really hard. But the hard parts make you stronger. Take some time, mourn your losses then get back up, dust yourself off and stomp on those problems and keep it moving. We're here for you too!

On 4/3/2018 at 11:41 PM, jellysundae said:

but it is up to the user to know a site's rules and stick within them. I'm sure no parent would force a child to allow something that was against a site's rules. At least I'd really hope they wouldn't! @_@

On 4/4/2018 at 1:06 AM, rntracy1 said:

I think when mom laid down the law, OP should have showed her the rules, told her that she would/could actually lose her account(s) for allowing lil sis to break them but that she would be more than willing to create a brand new account for her.  She could have sat down with lil sis and had her pick out her own pets, name them, pick out the colors and their personalities, etc.  That may have appeased the situation for mom and sis.  That way, no rules would be broken. 

Unfortunately i had tried to explain but my mum just ignored it, she doesn't really understand not to mention that my sister was practically screaming (which made my mum less tolerating), she was determined to use my account. She physically took my laptop off of me a give it to her. It is what it is, not much i can do about it now i guess.

I Don't know if i will create a new account to use, i certainly don't want to, im just to hung up on my frozen accounts right now. Maybe in the future.

Thank you to everyone for their support, advice and knowledge. This has been quite hard for me, especially since it has actually made a fair difference in my daily activities/routine. I understand that there is is little to no chance of my accounts being returned but i not going to give up.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button to add more comments if you are the most recent reply.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

10 hours ago, jessodey said:

Unfortunately i had tried to explain but my mum just ignored it, she doesn't really understand not to mention that my sister was practically screaming (which made my mum less tolerating), she was determined to use my account. It is what it is, not much i can do about it now i guess.

Oh no, that's awful, on both counts. -_-

And what are both their reactions now. Now that they can see what their combined behaviour has caused? Do they understand NOW?

I do understand that some parents struggle to get their head around the fact that things online are real, and maybe even more that just because something is an online game doesn't mean its rules can be dismissed as meaning nothing. But Neopets is a business (a long established business) providing entertainment, it's no different to a cinema, or a bowling alley or a theatre or any other bricks and mortar entertainment establishment out there. Your mum hopefully wouldn't go into any of those places and flagrantly break their rules because she thought they were inconsequential.

Hopefully now she can see and admit to her error, not all parents can do that, and hopefully your sister can clearly see that her brattish (and rule-breaking) behaviour has had serious consequences.

I'm glad you're not totally dismissing creating a new account. Give yourself time and you'll know when you're ready.

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh no, that's awful, on both counts. -_-

And what are both their reactions now. Now that they can see what their combined behaviour has caused? Do they understand NOW?

I do understand that some parents struggle to get their head around the fact that things online are real, and maybe even more that just because something is an online game doesn't mean its rules can be dismissed as meaning nothing. But Neopets is a business (a long established business) providing entertainment, it's no different to a cinema, or a bowling alley or a theatre or any other bricks and mortar entertainment establishment out there. Your mum hopefully wouldn't go into any of those places and flagrantly break their rules because she thought they were inconsequential.

Hopefully now she can see and admit to her error, not all parents can do that, and hopefully your sister can clearly see that her brattish (and rule-breaking) behaviour has had serious consequences.

I'm glad you're not totally dismissing creating a new account. Give yourself time and you'll know when you're ready.

I haven't told my mother I've been frozen because i don't want her to feel even worse, she felt pretty bad after i told her that my sister was abusing my accounts in the first place. My sister knows though and she doesn't seem to care... 

and i have made a new account, i dont know how much ill use it, but its there if i do decide to play again. its called " opelite "

I've also been waiting for 3 days for a reply back from alice, so im not sure if my ticket is under discussion (or something idk) or if ive just been missed

Yikes...I'm sorry to hear that. My Neopets mean a lot to me too.

I'm sure when you create your new pets, you will love them just as much. :)

I'm glad my brother is 20 and is past that kind of behavior. I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. :(

On 4/6/2018 at 1:08 AM, xoxlexox01 said:

It can take 1-2 months to even have a ticket be wip.

It may take 1 month to get a reply back in your case.

Alice has actually been quite good, my ticket was seen after two or three days and one time i had gotten a reply within half an hour, I'm guessing because my ticket is pretty much a lost cause is why she hasn't looked at it