CC boons: satisfaction/ suggestions?

charelan

I hope I didn't post this in the wrong place - I didn't see any similar topics.

I painted one of my aishas alien yesterday, and I don't have the lab ray (there is NO WAY my anxiety would allow me to zap a pet lol). I've always wanted one, and I'm pretty pleased about that. I am sure I'll be happy with bank bribery and cheaper by the dozen, too, but I'm getting impatient waiting for them... How happy are you with the boons? Any big successes/ failures? 

Also, people in my guild were talking about other possible boon ideas - one was to paint pets UC and one was to increase food club winnings (both great ideas). I was thinking growing your shop/ gallery would be a good low-level boon... maybe extra luck, making you more likely to win on dailies? Or painting petpets (actually I'd love that for lab ray exclusive spardel colours!!)? I also think it would be cool to be able to apply some of the boons more than once (I'm still saving for a transparent aisha to complete my dreamie list ;) ). What kind of boons would you like to see??

I got the site theme and avatar.  I've got 100 points left, and am wondering what the codes for school of dragons are, since I don't play, but haven't been doing the games enough that it'd be a boost for me if they were ones I actually DO play.  Hm.

oh my gosh. I've always wanted an alien aisha. Thats awesome! I'm still waiting for the stock boon to come out. IDK why theyre taking forever. Why release it if you cant even get some? 

I'm very happy with the CC boons. The avatar one is great because it allows you to get the other korbat - royal avatar that you are missing as before you could only get one or the other depending on the gender of your account. Sadly, I did not receive the royal avatar but am still happy with the mutant graveyard of doom II avatar since I am not very good at that game. I'm also very happy that we can receive retired site themes. I'm hoping the stat boost is pretty good because I'm tired of my pet not being able to beat any enemy on hard mode (this upset me because I've gotten every wraith resurgence plot achievement except the hard mode battledome ones).

1 hour ago, Kute said:

oh my gosh. I've always wanted an alien aisha. Thats awesome! I'm still waiting for the stock boon to come out. IDK why theyre taking forever. Why release it if you cant even get some? 

Yeah, I thought that was weird too - why not just open the perk shop when ALL the perks are ready? 

I got the site theme and avatar.  I've got 100 points left, and am wondering what the codes for school of dragons are, since I don't play, but haven't been doing the games enough that it'd be a boost for me if they were ones I actually DO play.  Hm.

I don't know anything about School of Dragons either.. but to be honest it doesn't look that appealing to me.  It just looks like a typical computer game. Neopets attracted me because it's adorable. School of Dragons just doesn't have that. But I'd love to hear about it if other people love it!

1 minute ago, charelan said:

Ooooh.. I thought of another good one: increasing your number of daily BD prizes!

so far its not the best but not the worst

yesterday i got a bottled faerie

today i got 50k from "strolling"

I still haven't decided what other boon to use. So far I've only used the Avatar and Site Theme boons. 

As for possible boons that would be cool:

• Allowing you to see and buy more rare items in the Neopian Shops
  • Giving a discount on training your pet
  • Giving you the avatar if you won the Neopian Lottery but didn't receive it before

I bit the bullet yesterday and chose the Bank Bribery, Cheaper by the Dozen and Glam Up perks.

Then got very afraid that the NC one still wasn't working because despite getting a pop up message telling me to look out for a NM about the NC it still said apply next to the boon. But I did have the moolah when I came on today so it's all good. Though it does STILL say apply next to it xDD I don't have enough points left to afford that perk, but I suspect that if I did, clicking on it again would mean I'd lose the points but not get any more NC, lol.

I have 7949 points left, not sure what to do with them.

I'm willing to use the Limited Edition perk for someone who'd like one of their pets changed to a limited edition species but doesn't have the points to spend.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I bit the bullet yesterday and chose the Bank Bribery, Cheaper by the Dozen and Glam Up perks.

I'm glad you posted that - I didn't realize bank bribery and cheaper by the dozen were active yet! I was refreshing the Perks page but still saw 'coming soon' by notable-whatever-it-was and didn't scroll down enough to see the ones I actually wanted. 

I've still got just over 10k left and not sure what to do with it. I'd really like to see us be able to use Colour it Wild on a second pet.. if I could transform my pirate into transparent my herd of dreamy aishas would be complete ;) I'll probably hold onto the points for a while in case that becomes possible. 

I spent my last points on the battledome perk one (only had enough for one) and got... 10 movement points :D It's cool that's totally what I wanted...

7 hours ago, neo_girl_300993 said:

I spent my last points on the battledome perk one (only had enough for one) and got... 10 movement points :D It's cool that's totally what I wanted...

Honestly! Movement points shouldn't even be set up to be part of the boon. Jeepers. 

15 hours ago, neo_girl_300993 said:

Ah, glad you wanted that one. Movement isn't very useful in the BD, but if your pet has marginal Int and at least 201 Movement, then you should be able to use any current piece of equipment that requires movement. The MOST useful, would be the Heavy Robe of Thievery. Which allows you to steal one random item per battle, though Stealing is currently NOT working right now.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/heavy-robe-of-thievery

At any rate, a 10 point boost is pretty cool, and not many items I can think of off-hand, raise Movement. SO if you want to shoot for 201 movement, if you haven't already got it.

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Ah, glad you wanted that one. Movement isn't very useful in the BD, but if your pet has marginal Int and at least 201 Movement, then you should be able to use any current piece of equipment that requires movement. The MOST useful, would be the Heavy Robe of Thievery. Which allows you to steal one random item per battle, though Stealing is currently NOT working right now.
https://items.thedailyneopets.com/items/heavy-robe-of-thievery

At any rate, a 10 point boost is pretty cool, and not many items I can think of off-hand, raise Movement. SO if you want to shoot for 201 movement, if you haven't already got it.

Heh I was being sarcastic. I haven't been training movement at all and it's pretty much useless for me :D

2 minutes ago, neo_girl_300993 said:

Heh I was being sarcastic. I haven't been training movement at all and it's pretty much useless for me :D

LOL To be honest, I kind of thought that might be the case, those (...) after saying it's what you wanted. But I tend to take people at their word online, since Text is both subjective and 2-Dimensional. Just words with no pitch or tone to allow a fuller understanding. If you said it IRL, I'm sure I'd hear it OOZING with sarcasm. ;) XD No matter HOW careful people are in wording, or reading, misunderstandings will always happen. XD

Hence why I get long-winded when posting. Trying to minimize any chance for misunderstandings. ;) LOL

I consciously avoided all talk about possible perks before they were released, because I figured people would come up with some amazing ones that would never, ever be a reality, and I'd just end up disappointed. So I'm not disappointed, but not super excited either. I like most of them. Some seem kind of pointless (the ad-blocker, having all your pets be fed and full for a week, etc.), but some are really good. I think I'll use the Limited Edition one to make one of the pets on my side an Eventide Kiko, which is a pet I've wanted for ages. (This will involve transferring it to my main and using an Eventide Lenny potion on it first though.)

10 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL To be honest, I kind of thought that might be the case, those (...) after saying it's what you wanted. But I tend to take people at their word online, since Text is both subjective and 2-Dimensional. Just words with no pitch or tone to allow a fuller understanding. If you said it IRL, I'm sure I'd hear it OOZING with sarcasm. ;) XD No matter HOW careful people are in wording, or reading, misunderstandings will always happen. XD

Hence why I get long-winded when posting. Trying to minimize any chance for misunderstandings. ;) LOL

You take people at their word online, and somehow you haven't gotten sick of the internet yet? :whaa: I'm impressed. But I find that taking people at their word online causes as many misunderstandings as assuming sarcasm. XD
(The difficulty of reading something correctly is why I (over-)use emojis though; it doesn't always help, but I hope that it sometimes clarifies which tone I'm going for.)

However, @neo_girl_300993's post actually did ooze sarcasm for me, so I've been staring at it for a while, wondering why that is. (It's not usually something I think consciously think about.) I guess part of it has to do with the word "totally". It often seems to be used in a sarcastic way (at least online), and in this case, knowing how useless movement points are, I immediately assumed sarcasm anyway, so for me the word "totally" was accompanied by an virtual eye-roll. The "..." and the "it's cool" only enhanced that feeling of sarcasm.

(Sorry for analysing your post like that, @neo_girl_300993, I'm just kinda fascinated by language and interpretations. :laugh:)

LOL Luckily most people I know online are not drama-types. I know a few who ARE, but most can be taken at their word without too much chance of over-exaggeration.

I'm not sick of the net, some of the people I see or hear about on the net, those I can get tired of. lol Nobody on TDN. ;)  Your analysis seems to miss one thing, I chose to go on the face of the words, though I did think there was sarcasm. I simply made the wrong choice. The choices we make, aren't always the right choice. ;)

I tend to use a lot of emoticons too. (What were once called the emojis when graphic ones were started) It helps, and people seem to believe them more than the text sometimes. lol Since text online is 2-dimensional, t's all a crap-shoot, a guessing game sometimes. And sometimes we guess wrong. XD

so far the RE boon has been very underwhelming for me

the Alien Aisha gave me GROSS FOOD two days in a row

got a negg worth 9k .. a map piece worth 24k .. tha's pretty much it ...

ha, yeah, the RE boon hasn't been great for me either. 20k in np, 50 nc (probably the best reward, since it means i could buy two fqcs), a glowing pppb, a ghostkerchief, and gross food is what i think i've received so far. two days left, though, so fingers crossed!! i just like to gamble, though my neo luck hasn't been great recently. but i hope it pays off for both of us haha

I bought the Glam Up perk and now I have 600NC. Gotta wait for Faerie Quest Cookies to go on 50% off sale so I can buy a bunch of them. They'd be a huge help now that I'm training my pet to get him to level 200 so I can get Warlock's Rage :P

I also bought the random event perk because a) the rest of the perks don't really interest me b ) you can get a random event that gives you r101-103 TCG cards, which means there's an incredibly slight chance I could finally get this card for my gallery (let me dream).

I still got 15k points left. I'll buy another RE perk once my first one expires, but after that I'm not sure what I'm gonna buy, if anything.