People's pets are turning into wraiths . . .

jellysundae

For actual reals?

Who knows!

But people are posting on the boards about it, and their active pets ARE wraiths . . .

Oh gosh, JS, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!

:bigeyed:

If this wasn't JS, I'd think this was a very clever plot step to show we're losing the battle, but because it IS JS, I fear disaster :arrowhead:

I suspect it's not happening at all, and it's just people trolling. :laugh:

But if they are it's a clever troll because it certainly could be a plot step, especially with the languishing Infirmary patients . . . we're not exactly doing our best to heal the patients. The fact that JS have made it close to impossible FOR us to heal them is kind of immaterial, I suppose. :laugh:

19 minutes ago, arsenicfire said:

Mine just keeps turning into a cog o_O

Capture.JPG

Obviously they're testing out some cool new steampunk designs for the new pb! :laughingsmiley:

I can't help but think though, had they pulled it off, turning everyone's active pet into a wraith would have been an epic April Fool's day prank! But alas, my pets are also cogs when not in their natural non-wraithy forms.

NOOOO!!! I JUST made my desert Lutari!!! I will cry if they change him. The rest of mine would be fairly easy to change back. I am not very heavily invested in customizing my pets because I wanted to focus on morphing everyone first, so I think that Suika of the Subaku would be the only guy that I would truly lament.

They did just make a Chomby Wraith though, and I do quite like the looks of him....

No. People's pets are disappearing because even they are losing interest in the plot, as it is taking too long to complete, and are going off into Neopia to do other things. Or maybe they got lost in the "Wraith fog". Or maybe they went looking for Granny Hopbobbin to get some free food, as they can't get to the Soup Kitchen...

12 hours ago, hpb63094 said:

I can't help but think though, had they pulled it off, turning everyone's active pet into a wraith would have been an epic April Fool's day prank!

It would have got more attention than the actual April Fool - NeopiaLand  -  which seemed to go almost un-noticed.

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It would have got more attention than the actual April Fool - NeopiaLand  -  which seemed to go almost un-noticed.

ALMOST un-noticed?  LOL.  It went un-noticed for me!  LOL.  I was like, "where is TNT's April Fool's joke for this year?  Oh well, apparently I didn't miss much.  ROTFL

3 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

ALMOST in-noticed?  LOL.  It went in-noticed for me!  LOL.  I was like, "where is TNT's April Fool's joke for this year?  Oh well, apparently I didn't miss much.  ROTFL

Well I'll admit I only found out about it because of chatter on the boards. Though it was on the home page. The problem with announcing stuff on the home page is that those of us who are perpetually logged in don't see it. :laugh: And when it's on a rotating banner you're likely to miss it anyway.

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Well I'll admit I only found out about it because of chatter on the boards. Though it was on the home page. The problem with announcing stuff on the home page is that those of us who are perpetually logged in don't see it. :laugh: And when it's on a rotating banner you're likely to miss it anyway.

I suppose.  Just like I didn't notice that I said IN- noticed instead of UN- noticed.  LOL.  My brain definitely saw UN.  LOL.  That is so weird. 

But anyway, what is the joke about Neopia land anyway?  Meaning it was a NEW land, like Krawk Island, Mystery Island, and "Neopia Land"?  Bahaha.  April fools.  REALLY?  Good one. NOT!!! :thumbsdown:

16 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

NOOOO!!! I JUST made my desert Lutari!!! I will cry if they change him. The rest of mine would be fairly easy to change back. I am not very heavily invested in customizing my pets because I wanted to focus on morphing everyone first, so I think that Suika of the Subaku would be the only guy that I would truly lament.

They did just make a Chomby Wraith though, and I do quite like the looks of him....

I highly doubt they'd actually do this, and even if they did, I'm sure it'd all be temporary, otherwise they'd have a riot on their hands.

2 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

I suppose.  Just like I didn't notice that I said IN- noticed instead of UN- noticed.  LOL.  My brain definitely saw UN.  LOL.  That is so weird. 

But anyway, what is the joke about Neopia land anyway?  Meaning it was a NEW land, like Krawk Island, Mystery Island, and "Neopia Land"?  Bahaha.  April fools.  REALLY?  Good one. NOT!!! :thumbsdown:

I thought the theme park was a reference to the amount of theme parks in China (apparently they're even building a Nickelodeon one - this article is actually from April 1st, but I haven't seen any news mentioning it was a joke), and the fact that Neopets is now owned by NetDragon, a Chinese company. (But I agree - the joke was lame.)

16 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

I think it was meant to be a RL thing, which would have been a believable joke 10 years ago maybe. But at this stage in Neo's life it's just laughable, but at least they DID an April Fool, and it didn't involve anything that  was going to upset anyone. xD