Jhudora's Cloud and Illusen's Glade

So I just recently started doing these quests for avatar reasons, but now I'm wondering whether I should continue or not? The TDN guide is a bit cryptic, saying it's not worth your money unless you are very rich, but how rich is that?

some of these items can go into the millions of NP, and you have to 50 quests. I say the first 25-ish will be items in no greater than 25k but quests 41-50, EXPECT to break the bank (100k++)(i say expect because you could get a cheap r97-99 item). plus, if you fail a quest you have to start FROM THE BEGINNING!. If you have the money to just buy the weapon, do that instead.

At the lower levels, it's not expensive at all.  From level 20-30 or so, I only remember having an expensive item (22,000 np) once.  The highest level I've gotten was 34.  The level 35 item she wanted was only on the trading post for a million np.   At the time, the Honey Potion was worth 250,000.  So, it wasn't worth it at all, even if I could have gotten a trade done in the time limit.

It may be cheaper now.  Both the Honey Potion and the million dollar item are available on the shop wizard for much less today.

Well it depends.  You say you are doing them for avatar reasons.  Have you gotten your avatars?  If so, then no, I really wouldn't continue.  The items that they ask for in return for the items you get are not worth it.  It wasn't in my case.  I can't remember what the item was, but I couldn't even find it on the TP!!!  If you were doing solely for the avatar, then I would stop once you achieve(d) your goal.  If you are doing it for the prizes, you can most likely buy them cheaper.  That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Are these quests more of a reasonable comsideration to do for the avatars now, now that the shop price limits been raised?

I'm not talking about the actual price of things here, rather item availability and not having quests time out on you while TP people ignore your offers etc.

Sometimes the higher you get in the quests the items become unbuyable. Basically really rare, really expensive items. I am currently working on judorahs because I hope with some luck that one day I can get that pretty little battledome item. Wand of the Dark Faerie . Before that I kinda just tried to go far enough to land myself a trophy, which wasn't that hard to do at all. 

I was doing Judhora for the avatar. got to 20 and she asked for an UB and the only place it was available was the TP. So of course I failed and had to start over. As @jellysundae noted, this might get easier with the increase of the shop limit as you no longer will have to wait around for someone to come online or hope your offer gets picked. That said, if it's just for the avatar then fine but after that... her requests are just unreasonable after that. I got the avatar for Illusen's Glade and haven't done a quest since. I was lucky she didn't ask me for anything ridiculous either cause I've seen people on the boards complaining about some of her requests. 

I just got jhudora's and she didn't ask for expensive items at all, so I was lucky. They were all in the 1000-2000 np range with I think one that was 6000. Hoping I'll get the Illusen one soon too, I'm on level 17 at the moment. But as for continuing past that, I don't think I will based on your posts:) 

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I know this post is a little outdated, but I want to share my defeat I'm on quest #30 and I got hit with this..... I think Im giving up. Im not spending 2 +Mil on something that is only at level 30 and I have 20 more to get through. If the next 20 are 2mil-ish thats 40mil O_______o   What the whuuut?

Jhudora's Bluff

darkfaeriequest2.gif
Where is my Faerie Krawk Morphing Potion?

pot_krawk_faerie.gif

I bet you aren't this slow for the other faeries!!!
You only have 16 minutes and 39 seconds left

Note : If you fail this quest you will be reset back to the first quest, and will lose your high score!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear all,

I am at this as well. Just level 10 or something ... so still all pretty "reasonable" and I know she will ask for more expensive/unbuyable items.

AND (yes I have been with NP for 12+ years, but didn't play for around 7 or 8 or 9 ... haha) so I just have like ... three million in my bank account but I am getting more and more each day.

Anyways, should I continue or stop soon-ish because I will likely fail due to insufficient funds.

Suggestions? Anyone?

Many thanks and much love

Pink

Also, is there anyone out there wanting to be my neofriend (cant believe it, I am 31 years old and asking this XD)?

On 5/7/2018 at 11:07 AM, PinkSpaceSheep said:

Also, is there anyone out there wanting to be my neofriend (cant believe it, I am 31 years old and asking this XD)?

Hi, Pink, I would love to be your neofriend! I'm from the US but I have an internship in Ludwigshafen this summer--it would be lovely to have a neofriend in the same time zone! ? :D  

On 5/14/2018 at 7:43 PM, xanthocomically said:

Hi, Pink, I would love to be your neofriend! I'm from the US but I have an internship in Ludwigshafen this summer--it would be lovely to have a neofriend in the same time zone! ? :D  

hit me... pinkspacesheep ?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:07 AM, PinkSpaceSheep said:

Dear all,

I am at this as well. Just level 10 or something ... so still all pretty "reasonable" and I know she will ask for more expensive/unbuyable items.

AND (yes I have been with NP for 12+ years, but didn't play for around 7 or 8 or 9 ... haha) so I just have like ... three million in my bank account but I am getting more and more each day.

Anyways, should I continue or stop soon-ish because I will likely fail due to insufficient funds.

Suggestions? Anyone?

Many thanks and much love

If you're just aiming for the avatar, you should be fine. If you want to go farther:

Jhudora starts asking for r99 items at quest #28, and Illusen at #33, so stop before you get those quests. I'd advise to have at least 20 million nps before aiming for quest #50 with either of them (most people end up spending only 10-12m, but it's better to be careful). Also, once they start asking for more expensive items that only appear on the trading post, you have to go to the Trading/Auctions board and ask for help. There are many r99 collectors who will either sell you their items or ask you to replace them once you complete your quest.

Lastly, always keep in mind that Jhudora and Illusen may ask your for a ridiculously expensive r99 item that won't be worth paying for, so you'll just have to fail and start all over.

I had two successful runs with Jhudora and I made a list will all the r99 items she asked for. Here it is, in case you're interested :)