Confusing and irritating

UMaxii

I recently came back into neopets after over 6 years and started fresh with a new account (dont remember my old one and wanted to start over anyways). And i noticed this whole fairy hq thing. I did some of the storyline and I actually feel kinda irritated because everywhere I go i get a popup telling me there is a haze and that i need to go to the fairy headquarters, The misions are fun and all but i need a break from it. Is there a way to turn that annoyinh pop-up off? If not that is a huge pet peeve. I understand they want me to do the quests but i want to do other stuff as well without constant pop-ups telling me to do the quests. my question: How can i turn of the pop-up telling me to go to the headquarters?

Welcome! And I'm sorry, I think until the plot is over, the only way to "turn off" the haze (and the pop-up), is to actually participate in the plot and make potions to clear the haze (you can find a guide here, in case you want to try). Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll be stuck with it until this plot (finally) ends. (And we have no idea when that will be, it's been going on for months.)

1 minute ago, Nielo said:

Welcome! And I'm sorry, I think until the plot is over, the only way to "turn off" the haze (and the pop-up), is to actually participate in the plot and make potions to clear the haze (you can find a guide here, in case you want to try). Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll be stuck with it until this plot (finally) ends. (And we have no idea when that will be, it's been going on for months.)

Wow that is actually very annoying... I old players return after a long time of not playing (like me), they might just leave again just because this pop-up, they should've thought this through, they kinda force us to do it. Thanks for your reaction tho :).

5 minutes ago, UMaxii said:

Wow that is actually very annoying... I old players return after a long time of not playing (like me), they might just leave again just because this pop-up, they should've thought this through, they kinda force us to do it. Thanks for your reaction tho :).

Yeah, it is. It's easy to forget how many pages were/are affected by that haze for those of us who did clear all of it, but it could really put you off playing (I hope it won't though!). I think they really didn't think this through (or, rather, they probably didn't mean for the plot to last this long).

1 minute ago, Nielo said:

Yeah, it is. It's easy to forget how many pages were/are affected by that haze for those of us who did clear all of it, but it could really put you off playing (I hope it won't though!). I think they really didn't think this through (or, rather, they probably didn't mean for the plot to last this long).

Nah it wont i'll just wait it out. I'm just trying to re-learn all the tricks in neopets. Since you are here now anyway there is something i forgot, is there a benefit to adding friends on neopets? I never used this feature back in the day because *Boys can't play neopets*.

3 minutes ago, UMaxii said:

Nah it wont i'll just wait it out. I'm just trying to re-learn all the tricks in neopets. Since you are here now anyway there is something i forgot, is there a benefit to adding friends on neopets? I never used this feature back in the day because *Boys can't play neopets*.

Good question, but I'm not the best one to answer it, as I have no idea, since my only Neofriend is my mother. XD

People actually said that? o_O Ugh, gender stereotypes are so annoying.

Just now, Nielo said:

Good question, but I'm not the best one to answer it, as my only Neofriend is my mother. XD

People actually said that? o_O Ugh, gender stereotypes are so annoying.

Haha, yeah that was back when i was 12 or something. (i'm 18 now). Everyone played it but no-one said so because everyone would tease and make fun of you. Girls talked about it all the time tho.

12 minutes ago, UMaxii said:

Haha, yeah that was back when i was 12 or something. (i'm 18 now). Everyone played it but no-one said so because everyone would tease and make fun of you. Girls talked about it all the time tho.

Weird. And annoying. But yeah, there are plenty of guys playing Neopets (rightfully so), and hopefully the people who'd make fun of that have grown out of that by now.

44 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Hi @UMaxii I suggest you try using IE for your neopets activities until the plot is over. It seems to have the innate ability of resisting the haze :smile:

Sorry for the dumb question but whats IE?

6 minutes ago, UMaxii said:

It's short for Internet Explorer. :)

(This plot has had people switching between browsers - as many things don't work in Firefox, for instance - but apparently things not working in Internet Explorer is a good thing in this case. :smile:)

4 hours ago, Nielo said:

(This plot has had people switching between browsers - as many things don't work in Firefox, for instance - but apparently things not working in Internet Explorer is a good thing in this case. :smile:)

Ah i see, thank you.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep posts seven words or greater.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

35 minutes ago, UMaxii said:

29 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Yep good old Internet Explorer - you could just use it for your dailies, as those are the main pages with the haze, and then switch to your normal browser for other things :smile:

If you're at all interested in battling or NPs you could try to do the plot. Some of it you won't be able to complete, but it's a real money maker and gives out some great weapons.

UMaxii, welcome back to Neopets. I hope you have fun again...You're not the only person who doesn't appreciate the purple haze:thumbsdown: I chose not to get involved with this whole Wraith thing which started MONTHS ago because I'm trying to get some other work done. I had no idea that it would last this long and even involve non-players like me. I guess I missed the forum post that talked about using IE to deal with the haze. I'm using Chrome for Neopets and just clicking off the boxes. Tedious. It also slows down the Fruit Machine, so most days I just skip that. I'm wondering how much I might have lost not spinning it as often that all these weeks. That's one of the few dailies capable of giving out a paint brush, which happened to me twice over the years.

9 hours ago, lakecat said:

UMaxii, welcome back to Neopets. I hope you have fun again...You're not the only person who doesn't appreciate the purple haze:thumbsdown: I chose not to get involved with this whole Wraith thing which started MONTHS ago because I'm trying to get some other work done. I had no idea that it would last this long and even involve non-players like me. I guess I missed the forum post that talked about using IE to deal with the haze. I'm using Chrome for Neopets and just clicking off the boxes. Tedious. It also slows down the Fruit Machine, so most days I just skip that. I'm wondering how much I might have lost not spinning it as often that all these weeks. That's one of the few dailies capable of giving out a paint brush, which happened to me twice over the years.

Thank you, i use firefox as a browser and the fruit machine takes over 10 minutes to finish instead of 10 seconds. I must say im enjoying the game, maybe even more than I did before, I don't have any painbrushes, but who knows maybe i will get lucky haha.

11 hours ago, lakecat said:

Lakecat, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't give up on the fruit machine!  Even if you have to mix up some potions to clear JUST that haze!  I too had only gotten 2 paint brushes in the past 10 years of playing NPs, well, really only like 4 or 5 of seriously playing, but I have gotten 2 PBs in the past month from the fruit machine!  I got a skritchy sketch PB which I posted on the dailies forum and I just got a water PB the other day!  So if you are going to give up on any daily, DON'T give up on that one.  The chance of getting PBs is VERY real. You just have play it every day, and be PATIENT.  LOL

18 hours ago, UMaxii said:

Maybe I can answer this question for you.  There are a couple of "benefits" of having neofriends.  1 benefit is that, when they are online, their avatar and name is in the bottom left corner of your screen.  IDK (I don't know) about others, but it makes me feel less lonely.  LOL.  Like they are almost sitting there next me.  I can neomail them and they usually respond right away.  Which gets me to the next benefit.  If you click on "My Account" at the top of the page, then scroll down to "neofriends" it will bring up a list of all of your neofriends.  You can put a check mark next to up 50 friends you want to be your VIP friends.  That means that when you send them items or neomails, you can select their name from a drop down rather than having to type it.  You can set up auctions that are for Neofriends only.  That way, if your friend wanted something that was too expensive for the TP or your shop, you can put it up for auction without worrying that some random user will buy it.  (Any of your friends can buy it though, so hopefully if they did, they are kind enough to return it- LOL). Finally, if you go to the preferences page, you can block everyone from sending you neomails except for your neofriends.  So that way you won't get neomail from people you don't know, only your friends.  Those are some benefits I can think of right off the top of my head.

23 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Lakecat, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't give up on the fruit machine!  Even if you have to mix up some potions to clear JUST that haze!  I too had only gotten 2 paint brushes in the past 10 years of playing NPs, well, really only like 4 or 5 of seriously playing, but I have gotten 2 PBs in the past month from the fruit machine!  I got a skritchy sketch PB which I posted on the dailies forum and I just got a water PB the other day!  So if you are going to give up on any daily, DON'T give up on that one.  The chance of getting PBs is VERY real. You just have play it every day, and be PATIENT.  LOL

Maybe I can answer this question for you.  There are a couple of "benefits" of having neofriends.  1 benefit is that, when they are online, their avatar and name is in the bottom left corner of your screen.  IDK (I don't know) about others, but it makes me feel less lonely.  LOL.  Like they are almost sitting there next me.  I can neomail them and they usually respond right away.  Which gets me to the next benefit.  If you click on "My Account" at the top of the page, then scroll down to "neofriends" it will bring up a list of all of your neofriends.  You can put a check mark next to up 50 friends you want to be your VIP friends.  That means that when you send them items or neomails, you can select their name from a drop down rather than having to type it.  You can set up auctions that are for Neofriends only.  That way, if your friend wanted something that was too expensive for the TP or your shop, you can put it up for auction without worrying that some random user will buy it.  (Any of your friends can buy it though, so hopefully if they did, they are kind enough to return it- LOL). Finally, if you go to the preferences page, you can block everyone from sending you neomails except for your neofriends.  So that way you won't get neomail from people you don't know, only your friends.  Those are some benefits I can think of right off the top of my head.

First off, thanks for taking the time to give me this detailed explanation. I really appreciate that. And yeah it sounds like having some neofriends can be usefull, I tried progressing the fairy plot but I am currently stuck. I just cleared the haze at the Giant omelet and Giant jelly. I am following the guide and it tells me to do mystic murmors again, however it's glitched at me and stuck (it wont do anything no matter what i press). Also if you would like a new NeoFriend my Ign is umaxii, i hope you have a nice day and thanks again.

47 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

:angel: OK Tracy, you've convinced me. I only stopped doing that because of how long it's been taking. :whistle:I'll just leave it spinning while I go do something else.  :icecream::biggrin: