Hulking Wraith help on medium?

jasmin291

I am having a hard time in beating him on medium. Can anyone recommend me any good weapons or something? Jaz is being trained in defence as I type or should I leave the defence and increase level & hp?
My pet's stats are this & along with her abilities:

m1.png

If I were you, I'd invest in a healing scorchstone rather than the one you have. Also use a couple of nice stronger weapons you can get for free by going through the steps of finding Malum and Kaia (Blazing Embers & Sword of Malum).

So my first suggestion is training your pets attack (and eventually defense) to 125.  At 125 the damage you are doing goes from a multiplier of 2.5 to 3.  I highly suggest training both up to the bonus before keeping training up her level or hp as it could increase what level 

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts/

I agree with @lojoco49 that if possible to get Blazing Embers and Sword of Malum you do.  They both deal HUGE amounts of damage that otherwise you would be paying a ton of money to match the damage.  

Why do you feel the need to beat him on medium?  Are you trying to work up to hard? (If so I would recommend throw pillows)

At the bottom of this post are the stats for Hulking Wraith. As I recall, he seems to prefer using the same weapon combination as I've laid out below in the Equipment section. I hope this gives you some insight. These are Hidden Tower level pieces of equipment. I would recommend the Throw Pillows method.

Equipment is important, but training is more important imho. Definitely try to get hold of Malums Sword and Blazing Embers.  Especially since they are event weapons, and won't cost you any NP. ;)

If you can train your Strength and Defense to 125, you'll reach the next boost for both those stats. Which will bring your multiplier up to 3. A list of the boosts and when they are achieved can be found here.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/battledome/strength-defense-boosts/

If you decide to try the Throw Pillows strategy.
Switch your Lens Flare ability to Throw Pillows. It'll only be half the cost that Lens Flare was. Once you purchase the 1st ability in a tier, the cost for all abilities in that tier are cut in half as far as the blessings required are concerned.

Throw Pillows works like Lens Flare, but is only usable Once Per Day. How does this help? Unlike Lens Flare, which is Once Per Battle. After midnight Neopian Time, you can use Throw Pillows, IN BATTLE, ONCE again. So it may take you several or more days to beat Hulking Wraith, while only attacking ONCE per day. Always using Throw Pillows with each attack.

WARNING: Do NOT visit Snowager, or do ANYTHING that could Bring your Pet's HP to ZERO. IF that happens, before you go back to continue the battle, train 1hp at a training school. As you can't otherwise heal outside of battle while in battle.

Species Skeith

Difficulty    HP
50            58
290          290
371          371

Abilities
Healing Fire
Halitosis

Equipment
Jhudoras Bewitched Ring
Shield of Faerieland

Rancid Battle Dung
Clawed Shield

Skarls Hasty Mace
Tower Shield

Plot Prize
Wraith Blood

I hope this helps!

@emily_speck_15 I am tired of beating wraith's on easy and it is a bit time consuming doing on easy. While on medium I need to beat him 10x only. No I have  no plans on going upto hard.

@thrillerman1234 are you serious? That would be amazing because currently I am lacking in funds as I bought big batch of codestones for Jaz.

@Aquamentis12 this method requires keeping the window open or what?

22 minutes ago, jasmin291 said:

@emily_speck_15 I am tired of beating wraith's on easy and it is a bit time consuming doing on easy. While on medium I need to beat him 10x only. No I have  no plans on going upto hard.

@thrillerman1234 are you serious? That would be amazing because currently I am lacking in funds as I bought big batch of codestones for Jaz.

@Aquamentis12 this method requires keeping the window open or what?

To be honest, I have never tried the Throw Pillows strategy myself. I'll enter a battle and see if closing the tab/window forfeits the battle. But I think you'd be ok either way. Unless someone knows better. If nobody posts here beforehand, I will EDIT this post. (Due to the no double post rule here) If someone replies before I can edit this post, then I'll just post a reply.

EDIT: Well @jasmin291, I tried battling and closing the tab. And it definitely will work! You can close the tab/window if you need to. You know, the Throw Pillows strategy has been used by a number of members here to take on the Wraiths in Hard mode. So, if you feel like you want to try them, it would just take you a little longer than on medium difficulty.

Anyway, Best of luck with your battles!!

3 hours ago, jasmin291 said:

@Aquamentis12 Thank you for checking for me. One last thing, what weapons should I add/remove from her list before going in the dome? I got the ember sword but idk how to get the sword of Malum.

No problem!! For the Sword of Malum, that part of the plot I BELIEVE Is part 19, by going to the Forgotten Graveyard.
This should help...I'm not 100% certain, it's been awhile. But the instructions on how to get there should be at this part of TDN's guide.
http://www.thedailyneopets.com/wraith-resurgence/the-note-graveyard

Both should be very useful against Hulking Wraith.

I would replace Fire-Spitting Energy Shield with Blazing Embers, and Malums Sword should replace the Staff of Devilish Laughter. Blazing Embers and Malums Sword will be your two most powerful weapons.

You should also get a Downsize! GRANTED, if you use the Throw Pillows strategy, you won't need it's defense, but Downsize! will block 50% of all damage for ONE round of battle, it's also once PER battle. Avoid Downsize Power Plus. It's expensive, it's retired, and it vanishes for good after ONLY 1 use. So, I would replace Corrosive Spear Wand with Downsize! and if/when you add a Healing item. I would replace the Fiendish Key with whatever Healer you get.

You've got an abundance of Weapons in the set you show in th4e Screenshot you posted, but not a ton of defense items. Throw Pillows defense really isn't needed, but there may be battles in the future where you want to fight differently, normally. ;)

Golden Compass is fairly weak in attack, but it blocks 3 icons of darkness. You may want to replace that one next, but for now, it's ok if you want.

Best of luck! ^_^