Beauty Contest Rules Change; Caption Contest Avatar Update

hrtbrk

A brand new rule has been issued to the Beauty Contest: if you've won a gold trophy, you may no longer enter that same image again. This change is effective immediately.

Also, the new Caption Contest avatar will be released every contest to the gold prize winners and the former Caption Contest avatar will be released more rarely.

ava_cap_contest.gif

art_elephante_painting.gif

I agree with Charelan, that's still very lenient. If it were me, I would make it so you can't reuse art that won any trophy, regardless of color. That's the rule I follow personally, because reusing art that's already won, even if it's just silver or bronze, still feels like cheating to me. 

I agree that it's fair not to re-use art. I was under the impression that it already was a rule. At least, I would never re-entry the exact same art, won or not. If I won I would be happy, if I lost I would tell myself to do even better next time.

38 minutes ago, Duma said:

I was under the impression that it already was a rule.

You would think so. But unfortunately, there are some people (especially in the less-popular pet categories) who submit the same image every week, and they automatically win a trophy if there are only three or fewer entrants in that pet category each week. It's really annoying. You see a lot of that happening if you click through winners from past weeks. 

personally i think if art is not good enough to win any trophy the first time , it should be replaced .. this is the only way an artist can better themselves 

i've been seeing the same "bad" Quiggle entry every week for almost a year now and it never garnered enough votes , however this week it'll win gold because it's the only one entered .. so it's just their luck ..