Anyway to opt out?

hystrangea

Hi there! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but: is there any way to stop being a part of the Resurgence?

I started the plot and then missed some key parts so I'm it seems I'm unable to clear the purple fog now. It's sort of annoying to get that message to go to HQ when I go to collect most of the dailies. 

If I have to keep going, does anyone know what I should do? I wasn't able to heal the Jetsam and get the Wind Rider Wraith, so I'm just sort of...stuck. The two wraiths I can currently battle stopped dropping ingredients. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Sadly, I do not believe there is a way to opt out, but here is a guide provided by TDN http://www.thedailyneopets.com/wraith-resurgence/index/

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I think we're stuck where we are because we aren't able to heal the numerous people in the infirmary, get new Murmurs, or new battledome opponents. I'm on my third day of trying to figure it out but I don't have much hope at this point.

As far as i know, the fog issue affects everyone regardless of being a part of it or not, and brewing the potions is the only way of getting that annoying fog out of the way. If the wraiths have stopped dropping items, you can purchase them from other user's shops, although it might be a little expensive depending on the item. You shouldn't be stuck on the plot also, since all battles and infirmary heals are optional, thus can be skipped. Just follow the plot guide and you'll be able to catch up!

If only it were that simple. I accepted I can't physically do any more of the chest unlocking game so I can't get the battledome challengers or complete those achievments. I tried to do what I could where I could but I can't catch up with the latest step because I can't get to the forgotten graveyard *shrugs*. 

OP, I caved and bought items to clear the irritating fog in the end, it was actually pretty expensive especially to say it was something I didn't actually want to be spending my nps on in the first place.  If you can't deal with the fog anymore (and I don't blame you) head to the shop wizard for the ingredients.  But how long can it carry on for, it's got to be nearly done by now hasn't it? please? lol.They really should have thought about people who didn't want to participate at all though.

3 hours ago, phill said:

If only it were that simple. I accepted I can't physically do any more of the chest unlocking game so I can't get the battledome challengers or complete those achievments. I tried to do what I could where I could but I can't catch up with the latest step because I can't get to the forgotten graveyard *shrugs*. 

OP, I caved and bought items to clear the irritating fog in the end, it was actually pretty expensive especially to say it was something I didn't actually want to be spending my nps on in the first place.  If you can't deal with the fog anymore (and I don't blame you) head to the shop wizard for the ingredients.  But how long can it carry on for, it's got to be nearly done by now hasn't it? please? lol.They really should have thought about people who didn't want to participate at all though.

8 hours ago, sylphrenai said:

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I think we're stuck where we are because we aren't able to heal the numerous people in the infirmary, get new Murmurs, or new battledome opponents. I'm on my third day of trying to figure it out but I don't have much hope at this point.

I'm glad there's other people in my situation! I guess I'll just buy the ingredients to clear the fog. I still would like to finish the plot if possible so I'm gonna keep working at it! Thanks so much for the advice everyone! 

In an earlier thread about the purple haze, member lojoco49 suggested using Internet Explorer (IE) as your browser to deal with the haze. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if it removes the haze or just controls it somehow. I haven't done any of the Wraith stuff and I wish the haze was only for those who do.

I'm in the same boat! I asked the same question a few posts ago, and I STILL can't get passed the first puzzle with Kaia and the notes..... i'm useless for this event! I just want to go to the money tree and find something nice or do the fruit machine but it's so laggy because of the fog - must exercise patience hahaha 

11 hours ago, lakecat said:

In an earlier thread about the purple haze, member lojoco49 suggested using Internet Explorer (IE) as your browser to deal with the haze. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not sure if it removes the haze or just controls it somehow. I haven't done any of the Wraith stuff and I wish the haze was only for those who do.

Oh my gosh!!!!  I just tried this on Microsoft Edge and it is a beautiful white screen!!! You just have to deal with the box!

5 hours ago, sylphrenai said:

Oh my gosh!!!!  I just tried this on Microsoft Edge and it is a beautiful white screen!!! You just have to deal with the box!

That's good news. I may try that one later. Has anyone tried the Fruit Machine with Microsoft Edge (or Internet Explorer) and does it speed it up? 

• 4 weeks later...

so i'm playing Tombola expecting to have to click out of the Wraith Resurgence's purple fog message and.....*drumroll please*....it never popped up!!! Visted Coltzan's Shrine and it didn't pop up there either!! I think the NP Team finally got the message that it was super annoying! yay!!

On 5/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, hystrangea said:

so i'm playing Tombola expecting to have to click out of the Wraith Resurgence's purple fog message and.....*drumroll please*....it never popped up!!! Visted Coltzan's Shrine and it didn't pop up there either!! I think the NP Team finally got the message that it was super annoying! yay!!

Actually it appears the plot is probably (as good as) finished, which is why the haze is gone. (They just need to actually wrap things up now.)

On 5/12/2018 at 6:49 PM, Nielo said:

Actually it appears the plot is probably (as good as) finished, which is why the haze is gone. (They just need to actually wrap things up now.)

Good to know! I'm just glad it's over ^___^

47 minutes ago, hystrangea said:

Good to know! I'm just glad it's over ^___^

I can imagine! I really doubt they thought this thing through when they started it. (Neither how annoying the purple fog would be for people not participating, nor the length of the plot.)