How I finally defeated the Hulking Wraith (on easy)

ladyblack

Sooooooo my neopets account is 10 yo, but I kinda abandoned it for a long while, which means I have a very ancient pet who's battledome stats are... well... kinda terrible. Also, I didn't have LOTS of money to spend.

Anyway, after finding out about twr, I decided to play again and it took me quite a while (and some np) to finally beat up Hulking Wraith on easy (I know... ridiculous, right?)

When I came back to neopets, my pet had lv 40, hp 38. I mostly used Psellia's Fighting Fan, Bronze Scorchstone and a Leaf Shield.

Anyway, if you're in a similar situation, I'm gonna list the things that helped me finally defeat the Hulking Wraith (prices from jellyneo's item database):

• Trained my pet to hp 48 (also trained her to lv 42, but that was a mistake, since I couldn't train her at the Swashbuckling Academy, which would've been cheaper, so don't do that, children)
  • Parchment cloak (9300)
  • Blue scorchstone (71k, but I remember paying less than that)
  • Sword of Malum (free)

The training was the most expensive, since the training school asked for a Eo codestone nearly every time, but it was still pretty cheap

Train the other stats first for sure if you don't have a lot of money to spend, but if you can afford it, train to lvl 50 and get some abilities (Lens Flare!)

For healing: Lesser healing scroll does 5 hp less but is 7x cheaper than Blue Scorchstone. If you're already prepared to pay around 70k you might as well pay a bit more and get a Greater healing scroll (50HP) OR get the Oasis Tonic (35HP for about 45k NP)

Once you're able to battle without having to heal after every battle (Thanks to Lens Flare) you'll be able to win codestones easily and pay for your training that way.

awe man, if they ask for Eo I dont even bother I just wait until I get one in the battledome. Good job on getting your pet trained and your dedication :) I dont have the will to spend NP for an Eo D: