Wraith Resurgence?

Does anyone know when the Wraith Resurgence plot will actually end? Or if it ever will? I hadn't used Neopets in awhile and when I finally decided to log on, I seen this plot going on, and it causing the mysterious purple haze on certain areas of the site. My computer is far too slow at loading, so this has become extremely annoying to me, especially considering the fact that I cannot access certain Neopets Dailies, such as Coltzan's Shrine, Tombola, The Omelette, And The Jelly. 

Help?

At least the story line suggest as well that it's almost finished. Queen Fyora has been healed and is back at full strength they say. It -could- end any day now, but with the speed it's been going, it might as well be a few more weeks.

Honestly, I don't think they really thought about this plot when they started it.  They originally expected it to end back in Dec/Jan.  But in my opinion, they keep adding and adding to it, there was no way it could have ended that soon, even if they updated it in a timely manner.  It was fun when it first started, but people are just ready for it to be over at this point.  Maybe that is exactly their intention.  lol.  If they can't come up with a GOOD ending, they feel people will overlook it, just being happy it's FINALLY over.  :dance:lol

There was an old song once, about a song that never ends.. Let me see if I can adapt it to this plot....

This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because......  .....This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because...... .....This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because...... .....This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because......

Repeat until the end of time, and we're good. LOL

Well, hopefully it ends soon. I love doing my dailies even though I hadn't logged on in nearly forever. Neopets used to be so different when I was younger. Honestly it was just a site to play games on, do faerie quests/side quests, collect neopoints, do dailies, and creating/taking care of/painting your Neopet. I wish the site was like it used to be. I honestly dislike the plots they came out with, just my opinion. But hey, some people enjoy it I suppose. I just can't wait for Wraith Resurgence to be over. ?

This has DEFINITELY been one of their longer plots. I wonder if it's JS' first time getting their feet wet in a complicated plot? I understand people who are not participating, not enjoying the purple haze of the wraiths throughout Neopia. I didn't like having to clear the haze more than once in most places. Perhaps, it could've been a sign-up type thing? Where only those signed up can see and have to deal with the haze? I don't know if that's doable, or would be a big headache. But, if you don't sign up for a Obelisk Skirmish, you can't see the Skirmish opponents in the BD listings. Granted, that's a MUCH smaller scale. But it might be possible. Maybe you should try writing in with an idea, even this one if you'd like, to the Neopian Times Editorial section?

I'm ok with this plot, although, there were definitely things that could've run more smoothly. The Obelisk Plot was pretty straightforward. I miss the plots that came with comics when there were updates. Curse of Maraqua was one of my favorites! Hannah and the Ice Caves too! Obelisk War ranks up there as well. Especially since I feel I finally was able to do reasonably WELL in a battle plot for the first time. lol

I'm sure this plot will be over BEFORE the Altador Cup stuff starts. If it isn't, TNT MIGHT have a bunch of tired players who, after a long and sometimes grueling plot, don't want to commit massive amounts of time and energy into playing in the AC for pretty much the entire month of June. lol

21 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

There was an old song once, about a song that never ends.. Let me see if I can adapt it to this plot....

This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because......  .....This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because...... .....This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because...... .....This is the plot that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend! Some people, started playing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue playing it forever just because......

Repeat until the end of time, and we're good. LOL

I think many are feeling this way, with this "never ending" plot:

200w.gif

However, once it is over, I'm sure they will feel like this:

200w.gif

They (JS) did say this plot would be ending "soon", and I'm sure it would be before the AC, but they did promise a Daily Dare, too. Hoping it will "wrap up" before, or at the end of this month, so we can have the Daily Dare in May, have a "break" in June, then roll into the AC in July.

32 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I think many are feeling this way, with this "never ending" plot:

200w.gif

However, once it is over, I'm sure they will feel like this:

200w.gif

They (JS) did say this plot would be ending "soon", and I'm sure it would be before the AC, but they did promise a Daily Dare, too. Hoping it will "wrap up" before, or at the end of this month, so we can have the Daily Dare in May, have a "break" in June, then roll into the AC in July.

What is Daily Dare? I haven't used the site frequently in so long so I've never heard of it. 

Daily Dare is an "annual" event, usually in March - April, where you are challenged to play a game on Neopets, and try to beat a score. The event last about 20 days, and a new game challenge is made every day of the event. There are two levels of scores to beat - AAA/Chadley or Abigail. AAA/Chadley's scores are higher, sometimes harder to beat, while Abigail's scores are lower and easier. Beating a score gets you a daily prize. AAA/Chadley's prizes are different then Abigail's prizes. You must choose to challenge AAA/Chadley or Abigail, but you cannot challenge both, except for certain challenges. Once you decide who you are going to challenge, you cannot change it. Trophies are awarded at the end. Take look at TDN's coverage for last year's DD, as they explain it better, and it gives you an idea of what to expect: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/daily-dare/about/

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I would LOSE MY MIND if they delayed the AC until July. They can push back DD a couple weeks, fine, but omg please don't change the AC schedule ;.; You're right though, it would be nice to have a "break" in between all these events. They really should end the plot before the AC starts, and it ought to be sooner rather than later.