Happy Lutari Day!

hrtbrk

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I love that skirt for the Lutari!  I just got my new Lutari today, Philomena (lover of the moon) and of course she is yellow.  What other color would a lover of the moon be? lol.  I was even able to get Faerie Quest Fortune cookies to boot.:dance: So I am a happy girl.

Now I must get Philomena some new clothes.  I think that skirt would look marvelous on her.  I love the Clay Lutari!  To dip or not to dip? That is the question.

I love the little whisker-esque folds on the origami lutari, but I'm a little disappointed they strayed from the hand drawn aspect of the face the previous origami pets had. The eyes have it, but not the mouth and nose. Ah well, still cute, and an overall successful pet day I would say! 

13 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I love that skirt for the Lutari!  I just got my new Lutari today, Philomena (lover of the moon) and of course she is yellow.  What other color would a lover of the moon be? lol.  I was even able to get Faerie Quest Fortune cookies to boot.:dance: So I am a happy girl.

Now I must get Philomena some new clothes.  I think that skirt would look marvelous on her.  I love the Clay Lutari!  To dip or not to dip? That is the question.

I love the name you chose for your Lutari. :D

The Lutari clothes look like something I would wear. That skirt is sooooo boho. 

19 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

They actually called it gypsy clothing?  :(  

It's an okay set, but doesn't make me want to rush out and make a second account so I can get a lutari yet :P 

I have a lutari and I hate finding it things to wear because for some reasons Lutaris are really limited.  It just doesnt have the range that other neopets have. Slowly but surely though. 

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

They actually called it gypsy clothing?  :(  

It's an okay set, but doesn't make me want to rush out and make a second account so I can get a lutari yet :P 

I think it's a cute set. If I could I'd get a Lutari just to buy the outfit but I'm very attached to all of my pets so that would be rather greedy :(

Clay is cute, it looks detailed and I think it's a nice base colour for customizing. Origami is quite cool, although I don't really like it as a colour, it is nicely executed. What's the deal though with the eyes of origami pets? Are they supposed to be ' pencil drawn'?

The outfit bothers me a bit. I know gypsy clothes are thought of as patched and having different fabrics and patterns, but this is a bit too much variation in fabrics. The skirt screams 'I don't belong here!'. I whish they would have modeled the skirt in similar colours as the top, because that one does seem gypsian to me. I also don't really like the head band, the colours just don't match the other colours in the outfit or even the flowers in the hair :mellow:

It's a set named as an ethnic slur, though.  Since you can't type grape on the neopets chat boards, it really bothers me that they'd name a set after a derogatory term.

Edit, since it was pointed out to me.  I'm not upset at anyone here, just at the neopets team for being so careful to avoid anything that might be deemed offensive, yet naming something a slur.  

I;d say the clay one is pretty decent, not bland and boring, but has some depths, shadows and in general looks well, trully more realistic. The orgiami one - I think I'd becoe the origami pets fan, although it's highly unlikely that I will have one origami pet ever. Nevertheless, I adore the origami lutari, same as Shoyru. 

As for the clothes, they are OK, but don't impress me that much. A bit messy overall.

• 4 months later...

I`ve always thought Clay to be a dull colour - I do like the shading and texture of the Lutari though, and imagine it`s not too hard to customize with that base.
Origami.. yikes lol. Imagine folding all that! ?
The outfit is nice, fun and colourful.