Second account question

GillyTook

Probably a silly one that has been answered elsewhere, but I didn't see it.  Oops.  Do you make it with the same email as your primary account, or do they need a separate one for it?

Also, when using the second account, do you need to sign out of the first, then go to the other, or can you link them in some way so you only need to tell your computer "hey, I wanna play as col_mack right now, hey, I wanna play as second_account right now!"

Thanks, and sorry for the silly questions.

Gilly I think you'll find it tells you to use the same email when you go to create a new account, you should use the same one, anyway. You can be logged into more than one account at the same time, you just need to use 2 different browsers, but I don't know if TNT advise doing it or not. I only ever do it to put the pet on my 2nd account into the Lodge once a month so it's only for a couple of minutes, I'm sure someone else will know for sure though.

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Guess that means it's time to install firefox on the new computer, though.

Which reminds me that I need to install Chrome on this one! :laugh:

Oh, well ofc I could use Microsoft Edge, but seeing as that's just Internet Exploder with a different name . . . :hmmph:

I suspect an answer to your/our query about being logged into 2 accounts at once can probably be found in the FAQs, but I get lost in there. :blush02:

You can bookmark them, that's what I do. Your pw manager should/could give you the option to store more than one username/pw combination. (Only do this if you're the only one using your pc!). That way it's easy to login to the other account. Your first account will be logged out though. The only workaround that I know for login in with two accounts on the same time is like @jellysundae says: use a different browser, but as she said I'm not sure if it's really allowed or not.

1 hour ago, Duma said:

The only workaround that I know for login in with two accounts on the same time is like @jellysundae says: use a different browser, but as she said I'm not sure if it's really allowed or not.

I'm fairly sure there'd be no problem with using separate browsers for different accounts, it's being logged into 2 at the same time, on the same device, that I think might have TNT giving you side-eye.

But I'm sure someone with the knowledge will be along soon. :D

16 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

You also don't have to use the same email address for every account either if you don't want to - it's never been a requirement.

It is encouraged though, right? Or am I completely imagining this. :ph34r:

I used the same password, and have had one on in FF, one in chrome, so I hope it doesn't freeze me >_>  Though I doubt I'll spend tons of time on the side.  May swap pets back and forth occasionally, though.  That could be fun. . . once the side account is old enough to transfer painted pets at least :P 

2 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I used the same password, and have had one on in FF, one in chrome, so I hope it doesn't freeze me >_>  Though I doubt I'll spend tons of time on the side.  May swap pets back and forth occasionally, though.  That could be fun. . . once the side account is old enough to transfer painted pets at least :P 

While it's probably allowed to use the same password for both accounts, I certainly wouldn't recommend it, for account safety reasons! You might want to consider changing one of your passwords to something else.