Will I Have to Cut it all of?

Naamah D.

I have middle back length hair that I absolutely love. I want to go into real estate but I'm worried that I will have to cut it to at least shoulder length or I will get fired. I take good care of it. I get regular trims, I use awesome shampoos and conditioners and keep it well combed.

This my hair. Normally I don't wear it in my face like this:

23172802_1586840914705651_19291849632231

14563371_1225654900824256_52539012005799

I'm not in the real estate field, but I have bought a house or two, and how the realtor looked had nothing to do with whether or not I used them.  It's all about attitude, patience, and having answers to what must be painfully stupid questions.  

You may not want massive amounts of hair in the high summer after the 100th tour of non-air conditioned farm houses or something, but that's something you do for you, not because you're supposed to look a certain way.

I have not ever bought a house, but I'd echo what they both said.  Besides, if you have time, and do not mind wearing it up, you can use a bun, or a braided bun to keep it out of the way if you're in high temperatures, or going to be somewhere that it may get in the way/get filthy if you're not careful. 

I'd have thought a neat braid would 100% be acceptable for work.

And if you can master the nautilus bun the world will be your real estate oyster.

First of all I want to take recognition to your awesome Sailor moon Poster!  Secondly, you do not need to cut your hair... Being a real estate agent just requires professionalism, formal attire, and marketing marketing marketing. I would encourage you to look up websites that help with facebook and instagram marketing tips that will help get you leads. If you do not have an account on Realtor and zillow I would suggest those as well. 

I wouldnt worry about that. Sometimes I also think these types of thoughts because I'm a woman but I think worrying about your hair is just a limitation you have for yourself. I can not imagine why anyone else would say anything. Also if they did thats pretty rude. Your hair is really pretty! You should try different styles like a side braid or a high bun or ponytail. I've learned that wearing hair back away from your face is a professional look so maybe go with that.   Don't be afraid to be yourself :) Also you have great eyebrows....

I'm going to be blunt.  No.

I'm in engineering, do wood turning, and have long hair.  The only requirement is to look presentable (or in wood turning to have it away from spinning things lol) which can be achieved easily.  I personally rock a side braid every day and it has never caused any problems and is simply mastered.

I hope that all of the advice and encouragement you have gotten here has helped.  As a nurse, with hair down to my lower back, I can assure you, you do not need to cut your hair off.  Personally, I think you would look fabulous with it pulled back into a bun.  Then you can play up your gorgeous blue eyes and you will look absolutely beautiful.  Good luck with whatever profession you choose.

I just took a look at all the comments on your thread! I have hair that is about mid back and I work the front desk at a travel agency. I would agree with pretty much everyone in saying that it's all about your professional attitude, care and attention to your clients. Keep up with neatness and keeping things polished looking but, don't lose who you are and your star quality personality! Hope my two cents helps! 

I think a neat neat braid or bun would be fine, and would keep it out of your face on a busy day. When we bought our house, the realtor had long hair and it always looked neat and professiona, even when she left it loose. Your hair is beautiful, by the way.