Daily Dare 2018 Has Begun!

Mouseykins

AAA is back with Abigail and Lulu for another Daily Dare! Head on over to the Daily Dare home page to start your challenges!

aaaabibbc1d8d.png

Coverage Home

Lulu On Vacation

10 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

Wraith Resurgence, Daily Faerie Quests and now Daily Dare all running at the same time? Does anyone else think that this is a bit much? Slow down JS. We get that you are excited about the transition and having the opportunity to bring back the fun stuff, but I think you need to slow down. I've got three little guys. Managing all of these things on a daily basis is no small task.

The plot basically doesn't exist and it's not really much to shop wiz an item to turn in to the Faerie Quest.

Ice Cream Machine for Day 1 - don't forget strawberryvanillachocolate code for an extra life! :D

AAA's prize is so cute too.

6 minutes ago, jagocianka said:

what's the prize, though? I am curious, cause I don't know whether to strive for the high rank or no. 

You can view our guide or items database to see both AAA's and Abigail's prizes, so you can decide. (I won't post spoilers in case people want to be surprised :D)

well, yeah, I saw that already :P And I sooo much more like Abigail's item, though I was able to do AAA's score, so I submitted his... but well, I'd purchase the other item or so. However, I believe there's another item existing already with the same name as AAA's item O.o isn't that weird?

28 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

Wraith Resurgence, Daily Faerie Quests and now Daily Dare all running at the same time? Does anyone else think that this is a bit much? Slow down JS. We get that you are excited about the transition and having the opportunity to bring back the fun stuff, but I think you need to slow down. I've got three little guys. Managing all of these things on a daily basis is no small task.

Lol!! I am totally with you! I have finals right now and barely have time for sleep even!! But the daily dare is my favorite!!

1)No! No! No!! You can't have the Faerie Quests, Wraith Resurgence (We're about to hit the 9 month mark here!), and now the Daily Dare going on all at the same time! There's  too much bandwidth being used here, and the servers will crash sooner or later.

Bottom line, JS: Lose the Wraith Resurgence and stop the DD now! End this multi-event madness!

Rough start for DD! Ice Cream Machine seems to be one of those games, for me, that the more I play, the worse I seem to get. I think it is a fun, yet frustrating game, and the avatar still alludes me. Anyhow, I managed to get exactly 7800. Good thing it is not like "Better Than you", where you have to beat the score and tying doesn't count.

TIP: If you aren't sure if you want to challenge AAA, play the game BEFORE choosing/challenging AAA or Abigail. If you manage to get/beat AAA's score, DO NOT submit your score, just yet. Now, go and "challenge" AAA. (Important! Open a new browser tab, if needed). Once "challenged", go back to the game screen and submit your score. You should get credit for beating/matching AAA.

Caution: Be careful playing any Daily Dare game (or any Neopets game, at any time, for that matter) before and a little after midnight NST. Remember, most games plays reset at midnight NST. If you start playing a game before midnight NST and finish and try to post your score at, or slightly after midnight NST, your score may not take. You might receive the error message "There was a problem submitting your score to the servers.", or something similar to that. Only thing you can do at that point, is to start a new game. Would hate for anyone to get a good game score, and not have it take, after all that hard work.

23 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Rough start for DD! Ice Cream Machine seems to be one of those games, for me, that the more I play, the worse I seem to get. I think it is a fun, yet frustrating game, and the avatar still alludes me. Anyhow, I managed to get exactly 7800. Good thing it is not like "Better Than you", where you have to beat the score and tying doesn't count.

TIP: If you aren't sure if you want to challenge AAA, play the game BEFORE choosing/challenging AAA or Abigail. If you manage to get/beat AAA's score, DO NOT submit your score, just yet. Now, go and "challenge" AAA. (Important! Open a new browser tab, if needed). Once "challenged", go back to the game screen and submit your score. You should get credit for beating/matching AAA.

Caution: Be careful playing any Daily Dare game (or any Neopets game, at any time, for that matter) before and a little after midnight NST. Remember, most games plays reset at midnight NST. If you start playing a game before midnight NST and finish and try to post your score at, or slightly after midnight NST, your score may not take. You might receive the error message "There was a problem submitting your score to the servers.", or something similar to that. Only thing you can do at that point, is to start a new game. Would hate for anyone to get a good game score, and not have it take, after all that hard work.

Great advice! Thank you! I'll have to try this tip out.

I love the Daily Dare!!! :dance:

I was so worried they would skip it, since first it was delayed, and then Scrappy claimed it would be in the middle of April, and now here we are at the end...but I'm so happy it's here! I'm @hrtbrk's side with all the site events. The plot is moot at this point since there's nothing to do with it anyway, and the Faerie Quest Event takes up about two minutes of my day, maximum. I'm super happy to have something else to do, especially since this is my favorite event of the Neo-year. 

I beat AAA today on my second try of ICM. I'm very grateful that his score wasn't any higher, since I've always found this game pretty challenging. I'm disappointed with the prizes though. I hope they improve as the event goes on. 

TDN Daily Dare Tip: Don't forget, if you wish, to add a "Daily Dare" counter to your TDN signature! They have several, great designs, to choose from. You must have a "myTDN" account to choose and use the counters, but it is easy to create.

And, I found this "unconfirmed" list of this year's Daily Dare games, on the "Site Events" Neoboard. Using the "Spoiler" tag, just in case someone wants to be surprised of the games on their respective day:

Day 1: Ice Cream Machine

Day 2: Word Pyramid
Day 3: Kass Basher
Day 4: Meerca Chase II
Day 5: Lost City Lanes
Day 6: Piper Panic
Day 7: Super Hasee Bounce
Day 8: Zurroball
Day 9: Kou-Jong
Day 10: Moon Rock Rampage
Day 11: Pterattack
Day 12: Dungeon Dash
Day 13: Nova Defender
Day 14: Snowmuncher
Day 15: Hubrid's Hero Heist
Day 16: Goparokko
Day 17: Fly Catcher
Day 18: Castle of Eliv Thade
Day 19: Caves and Corridors
Day 20: Volcano Run II

If you don't like surprises, take a look, as there are some games you may want to practice for...

I'm having trouble getting the counter to work in my signature. I copied the forums code from the DD counters page and pasted it in my signature, but when I save I get this error message: 

Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines. Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for https://www.tdnforums.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://www.thedailyneopets.com/dd/.png&key=486a7ea1849ae565f3edff5799f2df29d9c7b5c772c1c56e24cb9d801c5ceb92, please try another image.

Any suggestions? 

10 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I'm having trouble getting the counter to work in my signature. I copied the forums code from the DD counters page and pasted it in my signature, but when I save I get this error message: 

Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines. Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for https://www.tdnforums.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://www.thedailyneopets.com/dd/.png&key=486a7ea1849ae565f3edff5799f2df29d9c7b5c772c1c56e24cb9d801c5ceb92, please try another image.

Any suggestions? 

If I may ask, which one did you try to use? I can give it a try and see what happens.

I don't know if this makes any difference or not BUT... LuLu on vacation when I saw the prize for today was a paper heart garland I wanted you all to know that is not what I got. I got a really nice background. Could it be a mistake or are the prizes random?

16 minutes ago, Granny63020 said:

I don't know if this makes any difference or not BUT... LuLu on vacation when I saw the prize for today was a paper heart garland I wanted you all to know that is not what I got. I got a really nice background. Could it be a mistake or are the prizes random?

I haven't done any of this yet but I checked the Jellyneo page. Granny is right, the first Lulu prize is an Autumn Sunset Lake View Background

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=lulu_on_vacation

https://items.jellyneo.net/item/64900/

unknown.png

Not too bad of a score for my first try. I used to play this game practically every day when I was trying to get the avatar; looks like I'm not as rusty as I thought I would be.

The up key on my laptop is literally broken so several of the games will likely be non-starters for me.  =[

On the bright side if that spoiilered list is right, one of them is a non-starter anyway because I'm THAT terrible at it and no amount of practice will fix that so I'd miss out on at least one even without that wrench in the works.  I wish more of the arrow games allowed for WASD movement as well though...

In the past, how much was needed to get a bronze trophy?  Could you flat out miss some days?  I could settle for a bronze but man I find the participation badges depressing.

1 hour ago, Granny63020 said:

Whoops! My bad! I was VERY VERY distracted this afternoon and mixed up the items. Can you PM me the description and Type category for the Background?

My sincere apologies! I was busy doing about a dozen things at once. :sad:

25 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

Whoops! My bad! I was VERY VERY distracted this afternoon and mixed up the items. Can you PM me the description and Type category for the Background?

My sincere apologies! I was busy doing about a dozen things at once. :sad:

I sent you a picture of the item and the name. I hope that helps.

1 hour ago, jessodey said:

when does dd reset to day 2? its past 12 and mine has not changed. (its my first time participating in dd)

tomorrow , supposedly .. i.e 12 midnight tonight NST

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

If I may ask, which one did you try to use? I can give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks Scoobert :heart: I'm probably overlooking something obvious. I'm trying to use the "Blocks" one.