Daily Dare 2018 Has Begun!

Mouseykins

someone on the neoboards suggested making your mouse dpi slow ..

i tried it and re-played and got 6500 easily .. which means in a few tries i can get AAA score ...

but i still won't get Gold trophy this year bcz i saw the list and boy oh boy !! most the games are really tough for me 

so i'm ok with Abi .. i like her prize better anyways

I'm glad that the first day is 1 and a half days as it should be! I stayed up yesterday to make sure to get the score on day one, but it would mess it up for a lot of people if they hadn't done it! ICM sure is a challenge when you're tired XD

32 minutes ago, Angeló said:

someone on the neoboards suggested making your mouse dpi slow ..

Make your mouse slower? Is that right? Seems like if anything, you would want to make it faster. I'll have to give this a try. I already beat AAA, but maybe this idea can help me get the avatar. 

20 hours ago, jagocianka said:

what's the prize, though? I am curious, cause I don't know whether to strive for the high rank or no. 

I would go for AAA's prize everyday if you are able and buy Abigails. Typically the Day and Date prize and AAA's prize for beating him everyday at the end of the event can go for quite A LOT.

18 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

1)No! No! No!! You can't have the Faerie Quests, Wraith Resurgence (We're about to hit the 9 month mark here!), and now the Daily Dare going on all at the same time! There's  too much bandwidth being used here, and the servers will crash sooner or later.

Bottom line, JS: Lose the Wraith Resurgence and stop the DD now! End this multi-event madness!

I mean in TNT's defense, DD is a normal event that goes on every year, it'd be annoying for them to NOT do it and I for one would be extremely disappointed for them to not do it. As hrtbrk said, Wraith Resurgence is nearly non-existent so that's not taking much bandwidth and I mean.... Faerie Quests happen every day, it's a site feature that happens to at least one person everyday, just cause we have guaranteed ones I don't think it makes it much of a difference xD TNT has been messing up a lot with the Resurgence and glitches etc, but keeping Daily Dare going was not one, good for them :)

I have to agree with musical_shoyru here.  The wraith resurgence is about done.  Stick a fork in it already:yum:.  The faerie Quest event, eh, yeah, it's something to remember, but doesn't take much time or bandwidth.  If people still have fog clouding all of their dailies, then yes, THAT probably causes a lot of issues.  They probably should have thought that one through a little bit.  I would have been a little upset if they didn't do DD.  Scoobert and I look forward to the team challenges all year. :happydance: I am with ya Scoobert.  They should start tomorrow! 

And of course, as usual, I did my challenge last night, because I wanted to make sure I got it completed on THAT day, and they are giving 1.5 days.  But for the faerie quest event, I missed the beginning and they didn't give the usual 1.5 days. :hmmph: It seems only if I miss it, they don't give the 1.5 days, but if I am on top of things, I end up having to wait.  Figures.  LOL.

35 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I would go for AAA's prize everyday if you are able and buy Abigails. Typically the Day and Date prize and AAA's prize for beating him everyday at the end of the event can go for quite A LOT.

I mean in TNT's defense, DD is a normal event that goes on every year, it'd be annoying for them to NOT do it and I for one would be extremely disappointed for them to not do it. As hrtbrk said, Wraith Resurgence is nearly non-existent so that's not taking much bandwidth and I mean.... Faerie Quests happen every day, it's a site feature that happens to at least one person everyday, just cause we have guaranteed ones I don't think it makes it much of a difference xD TNT has been messing up a lot with the Resurgence and glitches etc, but keeping Daily Dare going was not one, good for them :)

I have a question about this. Have the servers been super laggy lately? I know the other day the entire site went down for a while. I haven't noticed anything laggy though. I just don't want everything to break and not be able to play for a few days :C

1 minute ago, memepolice said:

I have a question about this. Have the servers been super laggy lately? I know the other day the entire site went down for a while. I haven't noticed anything laggy though. I just don't want everything to break and not be able to play for a few days :C

I haven't noticed much more lag than usual. IF it even happens that the site goes down, I'm sure TNT will just extend the event.

If you collect every cherry and fish bonus you should be able to get the score while slowly dying on level 9 (which i find the impossible point) . Good luck everyone!!!   

11 hours ago, Duskitty said:

unknown.png

Not too bad of a score for my first try. I used to play this game practically every day when I was trying to get the avatar; looks like I'm not as rusty as I thought I would be.

WOW! Congrats! Thats impressive :) 

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Make your mouse slower? Is that right? Seems like if anything, you would want to make it faster. I'll have to give this a try. I already beat AAA, but maybe this idea can help me get the avatar. 

if it's faster Adee will be jumping all over the place with no control .. you want fine minimal moves ...

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

if it's faster Adee will be jumping all over the place with no control .. you want fine minimal moves ...

I think it depends; I agree that you don't want her jumping all over the place, but it all depends on your own preferences. Slow mouse movements can feel like lagging to me. I stopped going for the scoops that slow you down for that very reason, although I did use them a lot at first. The more I played the game, the less I liked using them.

(This is one of the few games that I'm decent at and even have the avatar for, so I'm happy there's at least one game in this DD that doesn't drive me insane. :laugh:)

I took on AAA's challenge cause I'm actually pretty good at Ice Cream Machine! Wow my computer was SO laggy!!! It would skip while I was moving around and then I would get caught in a barrage of scoops!!! Did not make the challenge score for that one! I have learned my lesson and will try Scoobert_Doo's tips! Great tips! I will also set my expectations for my skills of these games down a bit hahahaha! 

5 minutes ago, jessodey said:

so day one goes for 2 days?

A day and half, technically. Most Neopets events have a long first 'day' (the fact that they've neglected to do this with some recent events, like the faerie quests, was an unpleasant surprise for a lot of people). It's to compensate for time zones. (For instance, I'm in Holland, and if the event starts at noon Neopets time, it's already 9pm over here. So a lot of people would miss the start of the event - and the chance to complete every challenge on the day of release - if they didn't check the site in the evening.)

13 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Thanks Scoobert :heart: I'm probably overlooking something obvious. I'm trying to use the "Blocks" one. 

As you can see, my siggy looks a little strange. I changed, on myTDN, to the "Blocks" DD counter. I was hoping to be able to show the two different counters, but I don't think I can. From the myTDN Daily Dare counters page:

Note that your code is always the same, so you don't have to update your code ever.

Since I changed to the "Blocks" it should reflect. However, we will have to wait 24 hours. myTDN is not a "https" enabled website, so it will take 24 hours to "cache" the images. You might remember this, from this topic you posted last year:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48238-avatar-counter-stuck/

In the meantime, when you are on the myTDN Daile Dare counters page, which code did you copy - the "HTML Code", or the "Forums Code"? I used the "Forums Code" and just copied and pasted it, into my signature. When you do that, it will show up a the code itself. Once you click "Save", it will then change to your DD counter image. I didn't use the "Code" option, from the post menu bar options. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

As you can see, my siggy looks a little strange. I changed, on myTDN, to the "Blocks" DD counter. I was hoping to be able to show the two different counters, but I don't think I can. From the myTDN Daily Dare counters page:

Since I changed to the "Blocks" it should reflect. However, we will have to wait 24 hours. myTDN is not a "https" enabled website, so it will take 24 hours to "cache" the images. You might remember this, from this topic you posted last year:

https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48238-avatar-counter-stuck/

In the meantime, when you are on the myTDN Daile Dare counters page, which code did you copy - the "HTML Code", or the "Forums Code"? I used the "Forums Code" and just copied and pasted it, into my signature. When you do that, it will show up as the code itself. Once you click "Save", it will then change to your DD counter image. I didn't use the "Code" option, from the post menu bar options. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Ok. I guess it didn't take 24 hours to update. Anyhow, as you can see, the "Blocks" counter is working.

19 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Thanks Scoobert :heart: I'm probably overlooking something obvious. I'm trying to use the "Blocks" one. 

19 hours ago, Angeló said:

tomorrow , supposedly .. i.e 12 midnight tonight NST

By tomorrow are you referring to the 27th? I can't seem to get to Lulu either. I hope I haven't missed anything because I bought a 20 pack of those tickets.

I copied a HMTL code for a Counter  and went to my preference page and posted the code there. Is it suppose to show up on my look up page. There is nothing there but a little page with a broken link inside it. I'm not even sure that is where I should be looking for it. Can someone advise me on this please?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

I'm not sure adding this game to the DD was a smart move on TNT's part. If English isn't your first language, it increases the difficulty of this game immensely. I consider myself to be fairly fluent in English at this point, but I still lose time on this game because I'll see a bunch of Dutch words first, but I can't use those, so I'll have to force myself to ignore them and find English words instead.

And this is after years (at least 13 of them) of practising and using English on an almost daily basis. I can only imagine how difficult and frustrating this game is to people who didn't have as much time as I did to learn English.

Never played Word Pyramid before, but I still managed to get the score after practicing a bit. Helps that I read many, many books as a child and I'm fairly fluent with a generous vocabulary.

Missed out on the book though cus I neglected to team with anyone... ah well.

Also, if you're finding the game(s) to stutter and/or lag quite a lot, I recommend reducing the game quality. Makes it a lot easier if you play on lowest quality, given you can stand the abundance of pixelation.

1 hour ago, Nielo said:

I actually managed AAA's score after practising enough to get my brain used to noticing English words first - is anyone perhaps looking for a Team Challenge partner for AAA?

I sent you an invite if you still need a partner :D I have a score ready to send

4 minutes ago, Steve said:

I sent you an invite if you still need a partner :D I have a score ready to send

Thanks! Accepted, and score sent. :D

(Also, apologies to the other person whose challenge I didn't accept. You sent your invites at pretty much the exact same time, only seconds apart.)

7 minutes ago, belacqua64 said:

Is anyone looking for a partner to beat AAA's score? My username is belacqua64. :)

Darn it! I wish I had looked here before I sent my score. I just beat AAA with a score of 1311. That's very discouraging and I will have to remember to look here before the next team challenge. 

*sigh*

This is a game I used to absolutely LOVE (also the music reminds me of Tomb Raider), but it's one that I struggle with horribly now because of my MS. Huh, though my high score is 1685, hmm . . .

LOL, yeah . . . split-second thoughts of maybe trying the team aspect straight out the window! I started a game and just sat there looking at it as the tiles rained down, brain can't manage it AT ALL. So I'll just see what I can do on my own, and buy the book. >_<

I'm sending messages for a team partner to some Neofriends. If I don't hear from one of them soon, does anyone else need one? I just did a practice game and got over 1000 easily and then quit. My high a few years ago is over 3,600. I can quickly do another game and submit a score when ready. Message me here or there. EDIT: I have a partner now. I'll edit again if needed later. Challenge won. Thanks Mana! :thumbsup: