Daily Dare 2018 Has Begun!

Mouseykins

7 minutes ago, lakecat said:

About today's game, Snowmuncher, and the prizes. As of right now, it shows the Abigail prize, Snowmuncher Snowglobe , as worth much more (about twice) than the AAA book prize. Do you know the reason for the difference, and do you think the globe will stay higher in value than the book, How to Avoid Bloating: Snowmunchers Guide

AAA prize is the potion 

the book is the daily completion prize , so everyone who finished the challenge gets it (regardless of who they challenged)

since AAA score today is considered a bit easy / low .. lots of people will go for AAA .. thus making Abi's prize rarer , and more expensive

it'll balance out eventually 

14 minutes ago, Angeló said:

AAA prize is the potion 

the book is the daily completion prize , so everyone who finished the challenge gets it (regardless of who they challenged)

since AAA score today is considered a bit easy / low .. lots of people will go for AAA .. thus making Abi's prize rarer , and more expensive

it'll balance out eventually 

Are you sure about that? The two guides show the book as AAA's prize. Perhaps you just misspoke. But I think your point about why the values are currently what they are makes sense. I'm just wondering what they will be later. If for some reason I have to aim for Abigail's score I wonder if the globe will stay comparable in value. 

Snowmuncher Prizes.JPG

Snowmuncher Prizes-Jellyneo.JPG

7 minutes ago, Angeló said:

ah .. i didn't pay attention hehe

well , still more people are beating AAA than Abi ...

You're probably right. I seem to remember this happening in some past Daily Dares. I can't remember which years or which games but I believe some other Abigail prizes were worth more than the AAA prize due to fewer people getting it. I'd have to go back and check, but perhaps someone remembers. 

26 minutes ago, lakecat said:

You're probably right. I seem to remember this happening in some past Daily Dares. I can't remember which years or which games but I believe some other Abigail prizes were worth more than the AAA prize due to fewer people getting it. I'd have to go back and check, but perhaps someone remembers. 

Sloth Face Slippers this is an example .. Sloth Face Slippers were given as Abi prize last year (i'm sure it was a mistake which JS didn't own up to) and it goes for 1.5 Mil NP

Today's is fairly easy. If you play on regular and get all the doughnutfruits, you'll be guaranteed to get 800 as long as you don't die too often. (You actually get, like, 6 lives, since they count 0 as a life.)

I recommend using a mouse and a higher cursor speed if you can. If you're using a trackpad, I recommend arrow keys instead.

1 hour ago, Duskitty said:

Today's is fairly easy. If you play on regular and get all the doughnutfruits, you'll be guaranteed to get 800 as long as you don't die too often. (You actually get, like, 6 lives, since they count 0 as a life.)

I recommend using a mouse and a higher cursor speed if you can. If you're using a trackpad, I recommend arrow keys instead.

Lol, as I'm reading this my internal monologue is like . . . right it's Hasee Bounce for today then . . . 800! Wait, WHATTT!! . . . 6 LIVES?!?! :bigeyed: . . . oh, stupid, it's gonna be Super Hasee Bounce.

:rolleyes:  :blush02:  I was super confused for a moment there. :laughingsmiley:

I quite like this game, but I find it pretty annoying if you NEED to get all the doughnutfruit because it's not especially easy to do, and I don't have much tolerance for restarting all the time, let's see how I do . . . :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Lol, as I'm reading this my internal monologue is like . . . right it's Hasee Bounce for today then . . . 800! Wait, WHATTT!! . . . 6 LIVES?!?! :bigeyed: . . . oh, stupid, it's gonna be Super Hasee Bounce.

:rolleyes:  :blush02:  I was super confused for a moment there. :laughingsmiley:

I quite like this game, but I find it pretty annoying if you NEED to get all the doughnutfruit because it's not especially easy to do, and I don't have much tolerance for restarting all the time, let's see how I do . . . :ph34r:

You don't need every single doughnutfruit, but try to collect as many as you can. I ended up with a score of 984 and died on level 11 or something, and I didn't get every doughnutfruit.

11 minutes ago, Duskitty said:

You don't need every single doughnutfruit, but try to collect as many as you can. I ended up with a score of 984 and died on level 11 or something, and I didn't get every doughnutfruit.

Got 630 on my first try, currently at 300 on my second :ph34r:

I guess what annoys me about this game is how luck-based it is (at least I certainly have no Hasee-aiming skills, lol). Also how much it trolls you with the stun balloons, the Hasees ALWAYS hit the doughnutfruit when they're stunned, I'm sure it's programmed like that intentionally. :laughingsmiley:

This game has so many things that can drive you nuts it's crazy they put it in almost every single DD/GMC.

But here are any tips that -might- help you: play on REGULAR, try to get all the x2/x3/x5 balloons (Scan for them in the countdown if you can) then try and grab the doughnutfruits and as last go for the letters, with a whole lot of patience, not too many black balloons that mess things up and a leprechaun or two with a bucket of luck you'll get the scores!

I found that following the hassee that's in the air with my mouse helps, even when the safetynet is up. Don't stray with your mouse below the screen, that messes things up big time. Steering isn't really possible, but you can aim a little by having the hassee land on the edge of the seesaw or more to the middle. On the edge it seems you will catapult more in an angle and closer to the middle (but stay on the correct side!) it will go more straight up. Unless there are silly blocks in the way ofc).

In any case: Just keep trying! I know you can do it! If needed and you don't mind restarting over and over, try to get at -least- 50 points with all your lifes left after level 1. I prefer to have a score close to 100 or more though.

12 hours ago, Duskitty said:

Yes, but dying is the problem... I swear they sometimes simply fall through the seesaw. I died so often, for reasons I can't fully explain, it made me want to smash my laptop. Aiming is another problem. I mean, I know in which order I want to get things, but I don't think in several hours of playing they did what I wanted them to do, what I was desperately trying to make them do, more than twice. I have no idea how I managed the score, I'm just glad I did.

45 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Yes, but dying is the problem... I swear they sometimes simply fall through the seesaw. I died so often, for reasons I can't fully explain, it made me want to smash my laptop. Aiming is another problem. I mean, I know in which order I want to get things, but I don't think in several hours of playing they did what I wanted them to do, what I was desperately trying to make them do, more than twice. I have no idea how I managed the score, I'm just glad I did.

They definitely do clip through the seesaw, i noticed they do this more often when they have started to pick up speed and FLY AROUND LIKE CRAZY! if you do manage to get under to catch them, it just clips right though. I also found myself getting them into a stunned combo in corners, they always seem to aim straight for the corners and stun the other Hasee so then i can't move the seesaw to catch the other one, had this happen SO often... was the most annoying part of playing this game for sure. 

I am trying to do Lost City Lanes and I notice that after I reach the first couple of levels, the game frizzes or gets to slow. I check to see if it was my internet  but other pages load just fine. It's just me?

23 minutes ago, Khaly said:

I am trying to do Lost City Lanes and I notice that after I reach the first couple of levels, the game frizzes or gets to slow. I check to see if it was my internet  but other pages load just fine. It's just me?

Lost City Lanes is like Jumpin' Gem Heist. They both can have lots of items moving on the screen, which can cause Flash to use a lot of memory. If you have an older computer, those moving items can also cause your CPU to shoot to 100% of usage. Both of those combined, can slow the game and you computer, overall, way down. If it gets really bad, Flash can crash. Even when I play on a new, faster computer, both seem to get slow. Try closing other programs, and leave only Lost City Lanes open. Close all other tabs and see if it helps, or at least helps you get through a game with the score you are aiming for. Good luck!

44 minutes ago, Khaly said:

It does the same for me as well and I have a pretty nice gaming computer.

Try lowering the game quality to Low. It stopped me from losing frames mid-game.

2 hours ago, Khaly said:

It did that for me too on my home computer, my work computer was fine.  IDK what the problem is.

As for Super Hasee Bounce, if you play on hard mode rather than easy, I found that the points seemed to rack up quicker.  Make sure to get the X2 or x5 balloons and the doughnutfruits.  I got 862 at level 12 and stopped.  I was all set.  lol.  

>_< . this one was pretty difficult for me, I dont like this game at all! Took a while to get the AAA score. Darn you super hasee bounce! 

6 hours ago, Luxina said:

They definitely do clip through the seesaw, i noticed they do this more often when they have started to pick up speed and FLY AROUND LIKE CRAZY! if you do manage to get under to catch them, it just clips right though. I also found myself getting them into a stunned combo in corners, they always seem to aim straight for the corners and stun the other Hasee so then i can't move the seesaw to catch the other one, had this happen SO often... was the most annoying part of playing this game for sure. 

THIS! I would be so angry because so many times I would fall through the seesaw. Also my hasee would get stuck on two triangle blocks for like minutes -________-    WHY? 

14 minutes ago, Kute said:

>_< . this one was pretty difficult for me, I dont like this game at all! Took a while to get the AAA score. Darn you super hasee bounce! 

THIS! I would be so angry because so many times I would fall through the seesaw. Also my hasee would get stuck on two triangle blocks for like minutes -________-    WHY? 

Yes totally!  lol.  It was ALMOST worth ending the game and starting over.:competitive:  It was quite annoying.  

It's weird because some of AAA's scores are super low, and others are extremely difficult.  I mean, they have the score set over a reviewable score.  Come on. Either lower the challenge score or increase the review score.

As long as I don't see Edna's Shadow, I will be VERY happy!!  (wait, er, isn't it the ground hog who doesn't want to see Edna's shadow?  Or is it his own shadow?  Oh IDK, whatever, NO SHADOWS please.  LOL)

1 hour ago, Kute said:

I thought that only happened to me! I believe it was on Level 8. I thought I was going to have to restart, or leave it and see if the Hasee would be bouncing back and forth hours later! This day was rough! Still not looking forward to Zurroball, though.

EDIT: @jellysundae, maybe they should call it Super Trolling Hasee Bounce, instead!

53 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I thought that only happened to me! I believe it was on Level 8. I thought I was going to have to restart, or leave it and see if the Hasee would be bouncing back an forth hours later! This day was rough! Still not looking forward to Zurroball, though.

EDIT: @jellysundae, maybe they should call it Super Trolling Hasee Bounce, instead!

Where are you able to see what games are coming up next? 

18 minutes ago, Kute said:

Where are you able to see what games are coming up next? 

Take a look at my post, on the first page of this topic, or look for @Hanso's post on page 3. I know I found, and I believe Hanso did too, a list of this year's DD games on the "Site Events" Neoboard.

Or, if you wish you to try yourself, copy the link below into another browser tab and change "screen1.png" to the DD day you are wondering about. For example:

https://images.neopets.com/games/aaa/dailydare/2018/map/screen1.png

Was for DD Day 1. Change "screen1" to "screen8" and you will see tomorrow's DD game...*X-files theme music playing in background*

The Neopets community unanimously right now:

52tdux.png

I got up to 81 and I'm mad. I swear the tiny hitbox for the logo you have to click on the Grundo's suit is the same size as the hitbox for the ball ingame.

Edit: I did it! Thanks to @hrtbrk who told me to zoom in, I was able to have an easier time clicking. Still a pain though :arrowhead: