Daily Faerie Quest

StacyMandie

Hey Guys :)

I am new to posting in here, but have "creeped" the boards on and off for years.... whoops. I just never really felt the need to do forums, but being a mom to a 4 year old, now sometimes I just need other interactions with people hahah

So I wanted to share some excitement :) Fountain Faerie quests are super rare, and today while doing my daily Faerie Quest the lovely The Grey Faerie. And she asked for a Cobrall, which I had in my safety deposit box.

So I hand it to her, and then she says as my reward I can take a dip in the Rainbow Fountain!! :O

I never realized other faeries can give you this awesome oppertunity... now what to use it on...

Hi Stacy, welcome, and congratulations! This happened to me too a few days ago, and my Kougra is now CANDY. :happydance:Take your time and choose something you like (especially something expensive :biggrin:). I'll wait for someone else to confirm, but I think the Fountain Faerie doesn't expire, but the sooner you do it the sooner you may get another one. You may have it happen again too someday, so you can either change this pet again or another one. There is also a thread discussing the Daily Faerie Quests and a Customization section you may want to read and share on. Plus, I'm a guy but there are many female members and some of them are also mothers of all ages. Look in General Chat for their words of wisdom. :bike: :angel:

Does being a mom of a Shiba inu count? Also, I thought changing my one neopet into a certain color was what I wanted but the restriction on certain clothing for it is rather annoying, I suggest to make sure if you really want to see the dip right away.

I will add to what Lakecat said.  They do not expire and you do NOT have to use it in order to get another one.  Let me explain it better though so you don't lose a dip in the fountain.  I am quite lucky and have gotten many fountain dips.  As Lakecat said, I wanted to make sure I chose something I really wanted.  So, while pondering, I received another fountain faerie quest.  As long as you either, 1. dip your pet BEFORE you complete the 2nd quest, or 2. do not complete the 2nd quest at all.  The faerie will wait for the item indefinitely.  But once you give her the item, if you haven't used the dip you ALREADY have, it will disappear.  So the main thing is, use your first dip before completing the 2nd quest.  During an event like this, you want to complete the quest within 24 hrs, because of the prize at the end of the event.  But any other time, you can leave the quest open as long as you wish.

Having a dip waiting to be used does not impact the likelihood of receiving another.  Now, if you get the Grey faerie again, that is a toss up.  You most likely will not get another rainbow fountain dip from her.  But the possibility is there.  So, do you dip your pet on the off chance that you MIGHT receive a rainbow dip?  That's your call. 

To answer your statement, yes those opportunities definitely exist, as you found out.  You could also get the fountain faerie herself.  If that should happen, you will DEFINITELY want to dip your pet before completing her quest.  Then, you would have yet another dip waiting for you, as I had before. 

The other thing you might want to consider doing with your Rainbow Fountain dip is paining a Buzz to get the Buzzin' avatar. If you paint it Grey and visit its lookup afterwards you can also get the Grey Wocky-sigh avatar. Just giving suggestions based on what I did with my fountain dip earlier.

On a side note, is it just me or does everyone who posts about getting a Rainbow Fountain dip get it from the Grey Faerie? Both of mine came from the Grey Faerie so I'm starting to think the Fountain Faerie just doesn't give quests.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions :) 

9 minutes ago, MinaxUmbra said:

The other thing you might want to consider doing with your Rainbow Fountain dip is paining a Buzz to get the Buzzin' avatar. If you paint it Grey and visit its lookup afterwards you can also get the Grey Wocky-sigh avatar. Just giving suggestions based on what I did with my fountain dip earlier.

On a side note, is it just me or does everyone who posts about getting a Rainbow Fountain dip get it from the Grey Faerie? Both of mine came from the Grey Faerie so I'm starting to think the Fountain Faerie just doesn't give quests.

Definitely thought of this afterwords. I have a labral pet I've been morphing to check off the avatars I need... and I need the buzz one with the grey wockie as well!!! Thank you :)

I did have one years ago from the fountain faerie (bought one of the fortune cookie things last time I was heavily into playing) but couldn't remember what I got my pet. I think it was my frail to maraquan... cause I dont believe I purchased the paintbrush... I didn't even know the grey faerie could give a dip into the rainbow fountain so that's neat to look out for :)

28 minutes ago, MinaxUmbra said:

Interesting observation. Add me to that list (if you hadn't already included me since I posted about it in other threads.) 

33 minutes ago, MinaxUmbra said:

2 minutes ago, lakecat said:

Interesting observation. Add me to that list (if you hadn't already included me since I posted about it in other threads.) 

I only ever received one dip in the Fountain, but it came from the Fountain Faerie herself.

I've had one of the fountain faerie herself and one from the Grey faerie. Had the grey faerie first and a few months back I had one from the Fountain faerie herself.

That is so lucky! For some reason, I've gotten the Light Faerie nearly every day so far. She keeps increasing my active pet's level, but I've so been hoping for the Fountain Faerie. I've had 2 Grey Faerie quests so far, but she had the Battle Faerie reward me both times. It's crazy how some people are so lucky with this stuff.

6 hours ago, Sarah_S said:

That is so lucky! For some reason, I've gotten the Light Faerie nearly every day so far. She keeps increasing my active pet's level, but I've so been hoping for the Fountain Faerie. I've had 2 Grey Faerie quests so far, but she had the Battle Faerie reward me both times. It's crazy how some people are so lucky with this stuff.

Yes, but some of them have been waiting for years. The two I talked about were both from the last 5-ish years, before that I had never received one. Ever. That was a decade without any fountain faerie quest. I've also heard from a lot of people that finally got the FF that they actually open a cookie regularly. So that would mean increased chances but they did pay -real- money for it.

The event isn't over yet, so you might still get one! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Eekkk!! I can't contain my excitement!! I just got another FFQ but this time from the lovely Fountain Faerie herself!!! Ive decided to work on the avatar neopet colors that I still need... but gah still havent used the last one!! (going to first morph my labrat to a Buzz, and pain it grey to knock off 2 avatars, and then I think Im going to morph into a quiggle and paint it island for the next avatar as that one is one of the more expensive avatars I need as well still) I think Rhada my maraquan draik has a horseshoe hiding somewhere.