Day 4 - Meerca Chase II [DOUBLE DARE]

hrtbrk

i ALMOST made it .. got to 440 by finding a power negg .. and BAM!! the red negg was right in front of me

this game drives me mad

i give up .. i choose Abigail 

(the negg foreground isn't even worth the try)

I was happy when I realised my high score was higher than AAA's score, but then I realised that was probably down to sheer luck. I tried on hard first, failed miserably, then switched to medium. Even with some power neggs, I couldn't get the score, so I switched back to hard, where I hardly got any power neggs. So I turned to the horror that is gravity mode. The only upside to gravity mode was that it felt like such a relief to return to classic/hard that it suddenly went much more smoothly. And then I got a rainbow + fish negg in one game and now I hope I'll never have to play this game again. The end.

Honestly, we are blessed that the score is only 450. That's only about 1/3 of the avatar score. This game is 10% skill, 90% luck. Just keep playing until you get a good game with lots of colored neggs and few red neggs. I personally recommend playing on gravity mode. 

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

I personally recommend playing on gravity mode.

how do u even START to play that ? i click play and im down the drain before i even realize what happened 

11 minutes ago, Angeló said:

how do u even START to play that ? i click play and im down the drain before i even realize what happened 

It's kind of hard to explain in text so I'll try my best, but my advice would be to play like it's freestyle mode and go around the map in circles. If a negg spawns near the middle or close to the wall, face the meerca away from the middle (at a slight angle so you aren't just moving straight towards the wall) and keep tapping the up arrow to edge along until you can get the negg and then resume going in circles. Like was said previous, this game is based almost entirely on luck so it might be easier to just keep resetting until your first or second negg are worth a bunch.

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

Hold down the up arrow immediately after starting the game, and then like Steve said, travel in circles. You can use a spiral path to gradually move closer or further from the center to get neggs as they pop up. If a negg comes up very close to the center, or in a corner, it IS possible to get them, but I've always found it pretty difficult. You can keep restarting until you get some high-pointed neggs early in the game. 

As far as the 10% skill part, I think the main thing to remember is just to take your time. If you miss a negg the first time you go around, don't panic, just go around the circle again. Don't swerve around wildly or try to turn yourself around and go back for it. 

I loved the day and date prize  of +2 strength :) Its always nice to get the choice. 

And for those that are struggling try the superextrahypergravitymode   code. Neggs are worth a lot more and it only took me 3 tries to get the score needed.

It took me about 4-5 hours of practice to get somewhat good at this mode. so dont give up!   

The best way to learn is if you immediately hold down the up arrow and choose to go either left or right which ever youre more comfortable with. Just stay in 1 direction and continue in circles.   Good luck :) 

4 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Hold down the up arrow immediately after starting the game, and then like Steve said, travel in circles. You can use a spiral path to gradually move closer or further from the center to get neggs as they pop up. If a negg comes up very close to the center, or in a corner, it IS possible to get them, but I've always found it pretty difficult. You can keep restarting until you get some high-pointed neggs early in the game. 

As far as the 10% skill part, I think the main thing to remember is just to take your time. If you miss a negg the first time you go around, don't panic, just go around the circle again. Don't swerve around wildly or try to turn yourself around and go back for it. 

i DO hold down the Up arrow .. it doesn't seem to work .. 

also the negg appear out of the bounds and when i go to collect it we both go down the drain 

21 minutes ago, Angeló said:

also the negg appear out of the bounds and when i go to collect it we both go down the drain 

Same here, holding down the up arrow right away would often be a one-way trip into the black hole for me. I think the most I ever managed to get on the Gravity level was 3 (yellow) neggs. It takes a special kind of hand/eye/brain coordination to master these controls, I think. One that I most certainly lack. XD

I think you might've just hit the sides of the screen when you tried collecting a negg outside of the circle though. At least, that's what happened to me (a lot).

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

While holding down the UP arrow key, tap either the LEFT or RIGHT arrow key. And continuously tap. By doing that, the Meerca will travel in circles, so to speak. It takes a bit to get the hang of it. Once you do, it then takes a bit to get good. I got the hang of it, but, I'm still terrible. You end up hoping you get a Fish Negg, to get a high score.

There's not much more to add than what has been said already. Gravity mode is the way to go if you want a high score and it really is just getting used to it.

If you do go near the edge for a Negg, try tapping in a slight angle from your tail! The tail-dots can touch each other, but you can't touch any of them, by going in a slight angle you can avoid them (again, this takes a lot of practice to get decent at it).

Other than that, just go round and round and round.

I got it on the 6th try, got pretty lucky and got a fish negg while playing hard mode, and zoomed my way to victory :) So far all my high scores have been ahead of AAA's scores, mind you most of them from years back as i havent been playing too many of the games lately.

I would like Meerca Chase II, IF the Meerca was square with the neggs. (Like the older Snake Byte versions of the game, predating Neopets) But since they aren't, I pretty much don't like this game. I tried Gravity mode, it's... weird. So after a few dozen tries, I went with Hard and Classic. Got really LUCKY after a number of attempts with the appearance of a Power Negg and a short time later, a Rainbow Negg for a score of 500+ just before a Red Negg appeared in my way. Glad this one is over. Also, I'm surprised there was another Double Dare challenge so close to the last.