Day 5 - Lost City Lanes

hrtbrk

@Angeló It's the release Day Prize. Keep going all the way to level 7 and you'll have the score by the end. :D

Also, if you get your score reviewed, DO NOT PANIC!! Your score will qualify for your prizes. :D

I used to rock at this game, but it's another that I struggle with now. I'll enjoy playing it though, regardless of what score I achieve. Seeing as I couldn't manage Meerca Chase at ALL yesterday I'm only going to get a participation trophy so it's kind of immaterial that I might be able to beat AAA today, lol.

EDIT

@Angeló the stamp is Abigail's prize, which I'm very happy about, lol!

sta_lostcity_lanes.gif

It's cute! :D

@jellysundae folks at the Meerca Chase thread had some awesome suggestions - like playing at gravity mode, or restarting at gravity mode until you get neggs with high points right at the start. You might want to check it out.

I almost gave up, but reminds myself that at the very end of this, the stamp/collectable charm etc. from gold trophy is going to worth a lot of NPs, so I'll persevere!

@Angeló I challenged AAA and also got the Lost City Lanes stamp, so maybe we get it regardless of who we challenge?

4 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

@jellysundae folks at the Meerca Chase thread had some awesome suggestions - like playing at gravity mode, or restarting at gravity mode until you get neggs with high points right at the start. You might want to check it out.

I almost gave up, but reminds myself that at the very end of this, the stamp/collectable charm etc. from gold trophy is going to worth a lot of NPs, so I'll persevere!

@Angeló I challenged AAA and also got the Lost City Lanes stamp, so maybe we get it regardless of who we challenge?

I don't ever want to look Meerca Chase in the face ever again. xD I've never liked Snake as a game, even when I was fully functional, lol. Now I'm not, not only do I still dislike it, it's way more than my current brain/hand to eye coordination abilities can cope with. I'll happily pay some hideous price for a stamp rather than fry what remaining brain cells I have on a game I can't stand, seems a good trade off to me. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

@Angeló It's the release Day Prize. Keep going all the way to level 7 and you'll have the score by the end. :D

Also, if you get your score reviewed, DO NOT PANIC!! Your score will qualify for your prizes. :D

i got the score on level 6 and I quit cuz it takes a while ... im glad the score passed through and counted

i finally figured out the power-ups

and the ball can JUMP too !! :D

another tip is to play on highest quality .. this slowed down the ball for me a bit and i was able to control it better

the stamp is the daily completion prize .. but i absolutely love Mr. Ball !

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I used to rock at this game, but it's another that I struggle with now. I'll enjoy playing it though, regardless of what score I achieve. Seeing as I couldn't manage Meerca Chase at ALL yesterday I'm only going to get a participation trophy so it's kind of immaterial that I might be able to beat AAA today, lol.

EDIT

@Angeló the stamp is Abigail's prize, which I'm very happy about, lol!

sta_lostcity_lanes.gif

It's cute! :D

The Stamp is the completion prize I believe, That's what I got for beating him. Abigail's is the Plushie, cause I had to buy the plushie as I try to get all the DD prizes and I have to always buy Abigails cause I challenge AAA, so that's the only reason I know it's his or the daily completion haha.

Also I got this in one try, it's really not super hard. I typically try to go for the bomb and the red Lost City Lanes icon that turns your ball into one that can knock down all the blocks and stones, this will make your game 10x easier! :)

Basically every power-up is good. The only thing you need to check is the Switch Mats power up. Sometimes your speedup mats are good the way they are and you don't want them reversed. Like has been said: you can jump. You can jump over the red/slowdown mats and/or over the short rocks/obstacles. Timing is everything for the high ones though. If it's going to the left, steer to the right and visa versa. And when you get to the pins, don't crash in the middle one, but in a slight angle like this:

image.png

That way you basically crash into the first and second row and you'll have lots of strikes, if they aren't all knocked over you can still get a spare in the second throw. Don't forget you can steer from the start to the end, so keep steering towards the pins that are standing up, even while you're knocking them down. Make sure to get the level points so you can advance to the next level, also launch your ball when your power bar is at the end (hit space bar, wait until it's most powerful and hit space again) and this game will be a piece of cake (it just takes a while).

I still enjoy this game, despite the fact that I struggle with it now, lol. I used to be able to get to the end no problem. Then have to wait for my score to be analysed for cheating every time! :evil3:

But I can't figure out how to succeed once things get tricky now, so I concede before I start ending up in the gutter all the time. Actually that's a pretty good life motto, right there. xD

12 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Oh, thank you! I WAS panicking lol. After much practice and sheer dumb luck hitting bombs and bonus gems I managed to get 1313 and got the dreaded score review message :P

It is VERY rare for me to be able to beat AAA's score :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen the description for the Bowling Ball of Lost Cities prize from this!

:laugh:

"Hello, this is Ball. Had boring day job for years... every day, crash-bash, down the lane, into ball return. But now I am free. And I wish to break things. You are Master now. Shall we play?" This prize was awarded by AAA for beating his Daily Dare score in Y20.

This is GREAT, keep it up whichever person wrote this one!