Day 6 - Snowmuncher

hrtbrk

I'm a little disappointed with the prizes... I mean, the book is nice. But what in Neopia is THIS:

foo_snowmuncher_drink.gif

Ugh. This looks like some bootleg nonsense. And that's not all... The description says, "This is the Snowmunchers favourite drink. You know why." 

Excuse me, but who is "the Snowmuncher"? His name is Dieter cry.gif

The snowglobe looks alright, except... We already have an item named Snowmuncher Snowglobe :tired:

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

I'm a little disappointed with the prizes... I mean, the book is nice. But what in Neopia is THIS:

foo_snowmuncher_drink.gif

Ugh. This looks like some bootleg nonsense. And that's not all... The description says, "This is the Snowmunchers favourite drink. You know why." 

Excuse me, but who is "the Snowmuncher"? His name is Dieter cry.gif

The snowglobe looks alright, except... We already have an item named Snowmuncher Snowglobe :tired:

uggghhh i got the score but i clicked somewhere on the screen and the page refreshed

tbh the score isn't hard to get at all

as for the prizes i agree completely .. this isn't even a Dieter snowglobe .. it's a copy-pasted Polarchuck snowglobe Snowmuncher Snowglobe 

It's the second prize with an identical name! Meerca Balloon exists in another version too! This is so weird. They should learn to check their (or our :P) database for already taken items names before naming a new item.

My draw dropped when I saw what today's game was. I was playing this last night close to midnight thinking how funny it would be if this was the daily dare tomorrow. Awe yay :) easy peasy. 

@Angeló I usually don't mind when they make AAA's score somewhat low, but today I'm annoyed because whenever it's very easy to beat AAA, Abigail's prize becomes rarer (and more expensive). I want to buy the snow globe, but I'm having a bit of trouble because 1) there's another item with the same name, so that complicates the search; 2) the cheapest one I found so far was priced at 75k. Hopefully it will get cheaper? Or maybe I'll manage to snipe an underpriced one. :nerd:

@Duma I know, right? And if they don't want to check the database, they should at least try and add in an adjective. That would decrease the chances of repeating item names. Since the snow globe is animated, they could have named it Shiny Snowmuncher Snowglobe or Glittery Snowmuncher Snowglobe.

Anyway, despite my complaints, I'm glad that there are new items for my gallery. I look forward to the DD every year because Snowmuncher is always included (I hope this never changes!) :D

10 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

@Angeló I usually don't mind when they make AAA's score somewhat low, but today I'm annoyed because whenever it's very easy to beat AAA, Abigail's prize becomes rarer (and more expensive). I want to buy the snow globe, but I'm having a bit of trouble because 1) there's another item with the same name, so that complicates the search; 2) the cheapest one I found so far was priced at 75k. Hopefully it will get cheaper? Or maybe I'll manage to snipe an underpriced one. :nerd:

@Duma I know, right? And if they don't want to check the database, they should at least try and add in an adjective. That would decrease the chances of repeating item names. Since the snow globe is animated, they could have named it Shiny Snowmuncher Snowglobe or Glittery Snowmuncher Snowglobe.

Anyway, despite my complaints, I'm glad that there are new items for my gallery. I look forward to the DD every year because Snowmuncher is always included (I hope this never changes!) :D

im sure it'll get cheaper over time

don't forget that not all people complete the challenge today

more snowglobes will show up eventually 

6 hours ago, Duma said:

It's the second prize with an identical name! Meerca Balloon exists in another version too! This is so weird. They should learn to check their (or our :P) database for already taken items names before naming a new item.

Third, actually. The Ice Cream Garland also has another version (which was also a DD prize). XD

10 hours ago, Nielo said:

Third, actually. The Ice Cream Garland also has another version (which was also a DD prize). XD

Fourth, the summer scarf from day 3 of the NC stuff already exists too.

Summer Scarf

Summer Scarf 

Summer Scarf

Summer Scarf

1 minute ago, jellysundae said:

Fourth, the summer scarf from day 3 of the NC stuff already exists too.

Oh wow.
Statistically, it almost seems impossible they'd manage to (accidentally) give so many items existing names in such a short amount of time. XD

11 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Oh wow.
Statistically, it almost seems impossible they'd manage to (accidentally) give so many items existing names in such a short amount of time. XD

JS - pushing the boundaries of possibilities every day! :lmaosmiley:

LOL It's been awhile since I played Snowmuncher, long enough that I forgot the order of how many of each letter to hit to activate the code that provides Dieter with a free belch! LOL

Still, managed a score of 6000+, not QUITE to my best score ever, yet still too low for the avatar though. LOL I'm kind of curious why the snowmuncher drink prize is listing at around 7,000np. I mean if it's useless other than a food item, it just seems kind of odd to me. That's all. XD

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

LOL It's been awhile since I played Snowmuncher, long enough that I forgot the order of how many of each letter to hit to activate the code that provides Dieter with a free belch! LOL

Still, managed a score of 6000+, not QUITE to my best score ever, yet still too low for the avatar though. LOL I'm kind of curious why the snowmuncher drink prize is listing at around 7,000np. I mean if it's useless other than a food item, it just seems kind of odd to me. That's all. XD

It heals 50HP so that's why it's a little more pricey. :D

6k+ score!!! What did you do?! Light a fire under Dieter to make him melt faster?! I had one horrid time getting the 5k score needed for the avatar. Good for you! :D

I scored close to 4k on my first try. I probably could have gotten higher but I forgot about getting bloated on the 2nd level and was playing entirely with my left hand. I'm right-handed so I'm quite pleased with that. :D 

38 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

It heals 50HP so that's why it's a little more pricey. :D

6k+ score!!! What did you do?! Light a fire under Dieter to make him melt faster?! I had one horrid time getting the 5k score needed for the avatar. Good for you! :D

I scored close to 4k on my first try. I probably could have gotten higher but I forgot about getting bloated on the 2nd level and was playing entirely with my left hand. I'm right-handed so I'm quite pleased with that. :D 

Oh! So is it one-use only then?

I thought the avatar score requirement was like, 8000 or something. lol  I scored 6050 by planning my route carefully and quickly plus going after as many of the bloat-b-gones as possible. If I didn't need one at the moment, I tried munching snow so it would fall with Dieter so it was easily available when he needed it. My best score on this game is apparently 6,184. I remember playing this when my Dad was around, he couldn't help but chuckle at the silly music and of course Dieter's burps. lol Managed to snag a number of gems on the way down, and that always helps.

It's kind of ODD that I have the Snowmuncher Avatar, and not the Spike It avatar for Mynci Beach Volleyball. According to TDN's avatar thingy, because my best score in that game is 880.... Requirement is apparently 800.... I guess it's possible I got the score before the avatar was available. *shrug* That's a HARD game to get that score on though, imho. I wonder if it will be on the Daily Dare this year? Would be a good excuse to try again. LOL

Man, I do get off-track easily enough I guess. LOL

Woah, you were playing with your non-dominant hand?! Impressive indeed! Sometimes it comes down to luck in Snowmuncher. I mean since the levels are randomly generated and as far as time and gems go. I think, if you're close to being 100% bloated and there is no Bloat-B-Gone nearby, if you let time expire, I think you start that stage over, but with your score up to that point, intact... If I recall correctly. If you have a few lives left, it could be a useful way to build up your score. ;)