Day 8 - Zurroball

hrtbrk

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

WHAT are they kidding ?

my HS is 11

not even close to Abi's 20

when did she become so good with this game ?!!

Same here!

57 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

@Angeló Same here. I thought yesterday's Super Hasee Bounce was bad, but this? This game makes no sense to me. I just keep dropping them and game over

Me too, I've read the game guides and they say to use the Grundo ball if you're a beginner, but I can't even get a decent go with that :P

I also tried with the grundo ball to start and I think it helped me learn how to control the normal ball when it starts going crazy.

My other tips would be:

• Don't click the ball directly when you begin. Click far below it and let it drop to you.
  • Don't click the ball too high or your click won't register. Try to aim for the lower half/bottom of the ball.
  • Slowly start inching the ball closer to the bottom to get at least one grounder. Once you get one Grounder (if you're good with getting more than one, awesome) start making you way up to bank your points. This should land you at least 35+ points for the first ball as you'll likely hit a wall or two on the way up.

EDIT: Duma is right. Playing on large worked for me because the ball is bigger and so is the hitbox - so zoom that browser in!

I prefer playing on large (and with a slow computer). Other than that, try to get grounders and have it bounce of the walls to get nice multipliers. I like the energy ball as the hitbox is better aligned with the actual image, but for lots of points you should click on the grundo's badge for the grundo ball. His hands and ears don't count. Other than that... this is just a HARD game with an insane high score. Good luck to everyone!

For day and date prize you can chose between a bookmark (gift item) or +2 defense points, so it's up to you to keep trying to send a score today or keep practicing until the end of the event.

16 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:
  • Slowly start inching the ball closer to the bottom to get at least one grounder. Once you get one Grounder (if you're good with getting more than one, awesome) start making you way up to bank your points. This should land you at least 35+ points for the first ball as you'll likely hit a wall or two on the way up.

EDIT: Duma is right. Playing on large worked for me because the ball is bigger and so is the hitbox!

Lol, I can barely keep it aloft, never mind inching it closer to the bottom.

How do you get the game to go large? I looked everywhere for a full screen button or option but couldn't find one - or do you just mean to increase by using computer zoom function?

Just now, lojoco49 said:

How do you get the game to go large? I looked everywhere for a full screen button or option but couldn't find one - or do you just mean to increase by using computer zoom function?

before you start the game you'll see a little yellow gear thingy for settings, usually in the right bottom corner. Click it, pick large and a quality (I picked "best").

1 minute ago, Duma said:

before you start the game you'll see a little yellow gear thingy for settings, usually in the right bottom corner. Click it, pick large and a quality (I picked "best").

Thank you! Learn something new everyday on here! :smile:

17 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Lol, I can barely keep it aloft, never mind inching it closer to the bottom.

I'm sure zooming in your browser would work just as well too!

Let us know how it works out! You can do it!!!

11 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

I'm sure zooming in your browser would work just as well too!

Let us know how it works out! You can do it!!!

Thanks! After about 50 (well it felt like that many anyway) frustrating games, I managed to hit a score of exactly 20 so submitted that and now I hope I never have to play that awful game again :axehead:

After 2 hours of trying I finally scored 91 points!!! phew~ I hope I'll never have to play this game again.

Still couldn't do a grounder though. As soon as I started inching the cursor closer to the bottom, my ball goes sideways, so I just kept the mouse fairly close to the top, and score point by point until I've clicked the screen for over 90 times. My shoulders definitely need a massage lol

If you have decent hand-eye coordination my advice would be to just try to keep the ball in the air in the middle of the screen without doing anything fancy. Release the ball so it immediately drops, and then try to click as close to the center of the ball as you can so that it doesn't jump much, one point at a time. I know it's easier said than done, but in my opinion it's better with this game to keep it simple.

This morning I thought today was going to be the end of DD for me. But I'm glad I persisted! I finally got a score of 102. I've been forgetting to update my counter, but now I'm up to 8 straight AAA challenges, all on day of release! :dance:

My advice is to aim your cursor on the bottom edge of the round window, and just keep bopping your ball straight up over the line. It will probably start to go sideways at some point, and just SLOWLY move your mouse to follow it! Don't overcorrect! You'll make the ball start going crazy. Good luck everyone!

Oh, and if anyone as an extra Scarab Bookmark that they'd like to sell me, please let me know! I couldn't turn down the +2 defense boost, but I think the item is pretty cute too!

i agree with people that said to keep it simple. I've personally made it large and put my settings on low because my computer likes to lag so less pixels was better for me. then i just keep my mouse fairly high and center of ball (not ON the ball, but center of it's width) and click 90 times. It took a few times cuz I haven't played the game in so long and my laptop isn't very good, but it's how I got pretty good scores in the past ( my all time high score on this game is 600 ish ) 

I also keep my  mouse steady the entire time even if the ball falls so that it's still in the right position for the next ball

My high score is 136 (which can only mean this game has been part of the DD or GMC before), but I can't get over 6 so far. XD

*Edit: With ongoing wifi issues, I ended up going for Abi this round (it's not like I ever managed a gold trophy before anyway). I'm super confused about my previous high score though, especially since I don't remember being this frustrated by this game before, which probably means it didn't take insanely long for me to get. Which makes no sense. The most I managed today was 23 points. :weird:

Oh man, I dreaded this when I saw my high score was only 15... A very frustrating one, thanks for all the tips everyone! After trying on and off all day I decided to just accept Abigails challenge when I got my 5th score over 20, as I was only getting to 35... thats about enough for me of this game till next time :)

DANG! I MIGHT have to go for Abigail's challenge, but what confounds me, is how the heck did my high score get to be 352?! Must've been YEARS ago, since I haven't played this game in forever! I can barely make 10 points today. -_- if I'm lucky...

Oh what the heck! I'm going to challenge AAA and just hope for the best!

So I found this post on the reddit neopets sub. It said there is a "sweet spot" where the ball wont go to the side and just straight up and down. IDK if that will help anyone, some said it got them the score for AAA easy, but I've been struggling for hours and cant even get to 45 points. So i think im going to give up and go with abigails score.

Just now, Kute said:

So I found this post on the reddit neopets sub. It said there is a "sweet spot" where the ball wont go to the side and just straight up and down. IDK if that will help anyone, some said it got them the score for AAA easy, but I've been struggling for hours and cant even get to 45 points. So i think im going to give up and go with abigails score.

Yeah, I was just about to post about that. Not the reddit thing, but that the less the ball moves to either side, the better. I got to the point where I could consistently get to about 50 points, then just now, I managed to get to 96. By keeping the ball up high, as centered to the mouse as possible, and keeping the ball away from the red goal-lines, as well as the text below. Because for some reason my clicks don't seem to register as PROPERLY as they should when clicking over text or the red lines. Phew though! Glad to be done with this challenge!!
My approach to it was kinda like, hackey-sack. Minimal motions to main control of the sack, or in this case the ball. You see soccer players using their knees, ankles and feet to do the same type of things with a soccer ball. Minimal motion to maintain motion and control of the ball. I recommend looking at the game with that perspective. And if you can stay near a wall to get an occasional bounce for points, that's not too bad either. ;)

Good luck!!

Just barely beat AAA's score, with a 93. Took about and hour. Said some words I cannot repeat here, well, more like a LOT of words. Glad it is over with! Reading TDN's Game Guide for Zurroball, was helpful, as it did mention you get more points for getting "grounders". But, I didn't quite understand how to do "grounders". If you are like me, and are a more "visual" learner, take a look at this YouTube video, of a Neopian playing Zurroball. Helped me to understand what and how to get "grounders":

Helps, too, to have the sound up, so you can hear the "grounder" sound, and not have anything else playing. I like to play the DD games, while listening to music, but with Zurroball, I went without. (Could explain why I had so many "lovely" words playing this game)! This video also shows the player hitting the "sweet spot". Crazy control!