Food club

Duma

I didn't found a topic about this, so going to make a new one.

I'm thinking of maybe playing food club too, but since I've never done it I will need to follow someone else's bets and I'm wondering who the most popular is. So my question is:

Who do you follow for your bets and how often do you win with them?

Ah Food Club . . . @rntracy1 got me into it, and I did pretty well. We use Garet's guide. @Angeló does too. My brain dropped FC down a deep hole last year and it's not managed to surface again yet so I've not played it for MONTHS, but I'm hoping to get back into it one day.

This is my bet history.

Bet History | Next Round | Previous Round | Leave

Bet History
Bets Placed Bet Total Win Total Difference
1727 2684954 NP 5806708 NP 3121754

You can see I more than doubled my bets.

I also follow Garet. Here's my betting history, if it's useful to you: 

Bet History
Bets Placed Bet Total Win Total Difference
3910 22898834 NP 46379030 NP 23480196

I would also recommend checking out /~Hostia for a list of all active bettors. Something that may affect your decision, aside from profitability, are the time of day when the person posts their bets. Also, a lot of bettors list their overall win statistics and explain their method/philosophy on their betting page, so you can read through some of them and find one that has the right mix of risky/conservative for you. 

(And I know that SOMEWHERE there's a page that compares the results of some of the most popular bettors, but I have to find it, if it's still active.)

If you're in to viewing Reddit, I highly recommend TheJayeless or twoforjoy. They both usually post super safe bets where their goal is to simply win 20:10+ without much risk. It's great for people who are just starting out or don't wish to lose a lot to start with.

If/when you get more comfortable, and want to add more risk for more of a payout, there are a lot of other users who post their bets and thought processes in the thread as well. I also recommond jkRollingDown for reasonable bets and if you want to jack up the risk for super high payouts, try Middyne and/or Moonsome.

If the odds are utter trash, a lot of users post "dutch" bets where you can sorta force a small win as well. They're all so awesome over there!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/neopets/search?sort=new&restrict_sr=on&q=flair%3AFood%2BClub

uggggh .. a couple days ago there was a single arena and i didn't bet and it won 32:10

yesterday the 3 - arena bet TANKED ....... when i wagered :P

today is another 3 - arena bet and i managed to make my bets in the last minute ...

yes i still use Garet's page but i'll check out the Reddit (although i don't understand how it works)

On 5/5/2018 at 5:38 AM, charelan said:

I'm a Garet fan, too. I've been tempted before to try someone else's but have always gone back to Garet.

This just reminded me that last year when Garet went on vacation for a week or two, I followed Lefty instead (/~Innocent). She has a similar risk factor to Garet, although I think overall her wins are slightly less. But she would be my second recommendation. 

EDIT: @Duma I found the page I was talking about! /~Yehoodi compares the returns of four different bettors, so you can see how they stack up against each other ^^

• 3 weeks later...

great win today , it more than makes up for the past two days tanks

Collect Winnings
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
6956 Shipwreck: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Lagoon: Gooblah the Grarrl
Hidden Cove: Ned the Skipper
Harpoon Harry's: Buck Cutlass
7000 NP 72:1 504000 NP
6956 Shipwreck: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Lagoon: Gooblah the Grarrl
Treasure Island: Federismo Corvallio
Harpoon Harry's: Buck Cutlass
7000 NP 16:1 112000 NP
Total Winnings

616000 NP

On 5/5/2018 at 4:24 AM, hrtbrk said:

If you're in to viewing Reddit, I highly recommend TheJayeless or twoforjoy. They both usually post super safe bets where their goal is to simply win 20:10+ without much risk. It's great for people who are just starting out or don't wish to lose a lot to start with.

If/when you get more comfortable, and want to add more risk for more of a payout, there are a lot of other users who post their bets and thought processes in the thread as well. I also recommond jkRollingDown for reasonable bets and if you want to jack up the risk for super high payouts, try Middyne and/or Moonsome.

If the odds are utter trash, a lot of users post "dutch" bets where you can sorta force a small win as well. They're all so awesome over there!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/neopets/search?sort=new&restrict_sr=on&q=flair%3AFood%2BClub

I definitely second this.

Was previously using Garet's bets and although they net a decent payout, it's nice being able to choose from a range of sets with the probabilities available for comparison. Seeing the raw numbers over a scrawl of betting jargon is definitely a plus for me. The thread also uses a really clever script to populate sets into a table so you can just click through them without manually adjusting the dropdown buttons.

Thanks for telling me about the script! I love it, makes my bets so much easier. I might start using reddit now all the time.

I had a nice profit too yesterday! got a 16:1 and a 72:1 following Garet: Total winnings: 1061792! That makes up for the few bad days that I lost about 100k NP! I'm glad I did do my bets! The other day was nice too, can't remember what I had but it was some nice profit too. Again: Thanks everyone for the great advise!

I had a 22:1 win from yesterday. Not sure yet for today, think I'm going to check it again after some sleep.

HOLD THE PRESSES!

You guys talking about FC has given my brain the kick it needed and I've bet today.

So if the net result of that is ALL THE TANKS then I profoundly apologise. ?

I've also had a long streak playing with Garet. But I quit for a long while because some days he wasnt posting at all. This was a while ago. But I mean.. for somewhat safe bets ive come up at least 4 mil. I'll start joining again. 

Actually, thinking about it, if mass tankage happens today it's totally Garet's fault, not mine.

I mean I've admittedly gone with his risky bets today, but that's just my brain trolling me. :arrowhead:

10 minutes ago, Angeló said:

yup it tanked

... 70k down the drain 

lmao I KNEW IT!!!!! 82K lost, but its okayyyyy. we will get it back eventually. :arrowhead:

I followed jkRollingDown with some adjustments based on what Gaeret said in his comment and made 290k profit! Not complaining here :D

*kicks Duma*

:P

I KNEW from what Garet had said that I was pretty much throwing money away yesterday, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if you can't throw caution to the wind with pretend money, then when can you?

I'm pretty much stuck with Garet, I had a look at the Reddit link Hrtbrk posted, as I was particularly interested in something that made the bet-placing process simpler because THAT is what I struggle with, the going back and forth between Garet's table and the drop-downs, my ability to focus is really put to the test with that, especially when there's a lot of pirates for each bet. But I could feel synapses shutting down almost immediately, it was beyond my poor brain's capabilities to take any of it in, so Garet it is!

I did fine-tune my method a little yesterday. A problem for me has always been losing my place on the table. Previously I've moved the screen down after each bet so the ones I've placed are off the top of the screen, but that's not fool-proof (as I've discovered :blush02:) yesterday in addition to doing that I highlighted the set I was currently adding. Hopefully that obvious visual indicator will cut the likelihood of future mishaps. We shall see!

I'm just pleased I managed to place bets, for the first time in about 6 months I think it is. Today's my 100k day so I have the ready funds, once I need to start actually earning the NP to place bets I'm less sure of them continuing to happen, but I'll find that out tomorrow, won't I!

Though Garet's commentary's not filling me with confidence for today and I'm not wanting to bother, lol.

I also found the reddit thing indecipherable. It's just too much mess on one page for me to find what the relevant parts are.

I'm not going to bet today, I don't think. Garet seems to have zero faith in todays bets so neither have I, lol.

Jelly, what I do is start from the bottom of the table and scroll up it box by box. That way, the box at the top of the screen is always the box I should be looking at.

@Angeló @phill I :heart: you guys!!

Phill *nods* much what I do, only in reverse, lol. My problem, is if I get confused and can't remember whether the box that looks like it's the one I need to do now is in fact that, or if it's the one I've just done . . . :arrowhead:

I don't find the checking process easy at all.

Which is why I got excited about a script that does stuff for you! But yeah, Reddit . . .

*brain melts*

Ew, what a mess. :confused:

i highlight the box i'm in

bcz it's easy to get confused

and when i make my bet i click BACK and just change one or two pirates according to the next box .. for example if the bet is 10 Gooblah i just check him once and change the others .. it's easier and faster than betting all 4 ... 10 times