Happy Hissi Day!

hrtbrk

I'm not a fan of Hissi's at all, but this Steampunk Hissi looks really good. Not that I'd get a Hissi, but it's an eye-catcher! The clothing set isn't bad either. Nicely done TNT! :D

Yep, Steampunk is excellent, really nice execution, lovely soft glow on the metal! Now why can't ALL artwork be to this quality?

Also, the bit that remains on the steampunk pets isn't too intrusive on this guy, you can cover it up with most hat/wigs.

preview.png

Woah, steampunk is aswesome! The clothing add a lot of volume to the body, it looks much bigger than the polka hissi.

I like how the steampunk has many different concepts in the executions we've seen so far. We have a futuristic, start trek remiscent borg robot made of space wreck scraps with dark and metalic colours and cyborg elements like the lupe. We also have a more alternate reality futuristic robots, i.e. real steam punk in that sense, with clear steam power elements and bronze/copper and ocher red colours, like the steampunk lenny with a little steam kettle and a pressure meter on it's legs. Then we have this new hissi, who is not very robotic at all (aside from the cog wheel thing on the head underneath the hat), but is dressed up with many different Victorian clothing items, like the top hat and pinstripe pants, but with the alternative reality steampower futuristic elements like a steam powered weapon on it's back (or what's going on there?) and another pressure meter near the eye.

One thing that's weird is that the leather muzzle thing only covers the nose and not the mouth.

4.png4.png4.png&key=79d7b27087087eff4d7cb32688cf41

The polka dot looks nice enough. The pink surrounding the eye looks kinda strange to me though. @Angeló for spotted, they already went for a realistic snake look (I think rattle snake?) so to me it makes sense that they went for true polka dots here.

4.png

I like the clothes, it reminds me if Stravinsky's Firebird Ballet I once went too. I think the fact that hissi specific clothing sets often have shoes, like the pointe shoes this time, are a running joke at the office.

PB-090502-440.jpg

yes its a Diamondback Rattlesnake 

but there are lots of different kinds of other snakes :P 

i also thought of the Firebird Ballet but the clothes are named Treble Reel Dancer (Irish) so it's more probably this 

Related image

39 minutes ago, hpb63094 said:

They knocked it out of the park with steampunk and with the outfit, but the pink spot on the bottom of the polkadot hissi is bothering me. It makes it difficult to read where the body is curving, imo.

Well, personally, I don't find it difficult to spot the curve, and same goes for Hissi's hand and head - they are patched with pink bigger spots, which I like :) it's something extra. And I like that they don't go for blue + dots anymore, but they vary the colours. the only thing I am not a fan of for the poka dot are the pink circles around the eyes... the pet looks sick or tired.

I love the steampunk, with and without the clothes, it's one of the prettiest, most customisable colours available currently (speaking of the without the gears pet). I like the outfit as well, but the eyes... nope. They look like the Hissi is vexed, or venomous... either way - negative :( Imagine the RED CONTACTS in the POLKA DOT hissi - the eyes would look like it's totally exhausted or something :O 

• 4 months later...