Day 10 - Moon Rock Ramage [DOUBLE DARE]

hrtbrk

Hmm, I'm not liking the look of this. :unsure: My "high" score for this is 30 so that's clearly from getting the Top gamer avatar, no idea how I'll get on trying for a proper score, lol.

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, I'm not liking the look of this. :unsure: My "high" score for this is 30 so that's clearly from getting the Top gamer avatar, no idea how I'll get on trying for a proper score, lol.

If it's any help, our guide has a level by level walk-through, as well as cheat codes for extra life, longer laser and to add 30 more seconds to the clock!

Just now, hrtbrk said:

If it's any help, our guide has a level by level walk-through, as well as cheat codes for extra life, longer laser and to add 30 more seconds to the clock!

Yes I've just seen that actually :D right now my brain's in full-on NOPE mode though. Part of it's saying "look, there's a guide, this looks easy!" but the main part of it's still going  :hmmph:I think it's because I have (for me) a lot to do today, I have to get myself outside for 3 different chores, and I've got to book a taxi for going over to my Mum's tomorrow, and I have close to no thinking ability left for anything else. :blush02:

Do your chores first so that isn't on your mind anymore. Then follow the guide to get the score? If things are ruining your concentration, always get those things settled first, then the rest will go that much easier and faster. :)

For me it's the other way around, if I haven't gotten my score yet for DD it's on my mind the rest of the day, so I do that one first so I can relax. (what do you mean addicted? I'm NOT addicted to Neopets or games, really...  :whistle: )

3 hours ago, Duma said:

Do your chores first so that isn't on your mind anymore. Then follow the guide to get the score? If things are ruining your concentration, always get those things settled first, then the rest will go that much easier and faster. :)

For me it's the other way around, if I haven't gotten my score yet for DD it's on my mind the rest of the day, so I do that one first so I can relax. (what do you mean addicted? I'm NOT addicted to Neopets or games, really...  :whistle: )

Well everything's done now and brain's still not the slightest BIT interested, lol. I'm going to have a sleep now, if it still doesn't want to comply after that I guess I'll admit defeat. >_<

i got bored with this game fairly quickly and just challenged Abi .. her score actually is a bit High for this challenge .. i had to finish like 4 or 5 levels

39 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Well everything's done now and brain's still not the slightest BIT interested, lol. I'm going to have a sleep now, if it still doesn't want to comply after that I guess I'll admit defeat. >_<

Don't forget that you don't have to beat the game on the day it's released! You have until the end of the event, so if there are any games you want to go back to, you can :)

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

Don't forget that you don't have to beat the game on the day it's released! You have until the end of the event, so if there are any games you want to go back to, you can :)

Yeah! You know what my brain did today? As well as refusing point blank to even try Moon Rock rampage? Can you guess? It made me try ZURROBALL!!! :axehead:i scored 2

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

i scored 2

Better than zero!!! 

MRR is giving me a hard time today. I can beat Abi's score, but not AAA. I keep getting stuck on level 7. I think I'm going to have to watch a video guide, because all the overlapping arrows on TDN's diagrams have me confused, and JN's written descriptions aren't any better. I may not get a gold check on this one. Hopefully I can beat AAA before the end of the event though. 

If you are going for AAA's or Abi's score, TDN's Moon Rock Rampage is great! Expect to clear level 15 to match/beat AAA's score, though. It did take me a few tries, but on the last one, I was able to complete all 20 levels. This day was kinda fun (for me)!

@kayahtik, are you sure you are getting stuck on level 7? Or maybe it is level 8?

1 hour ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

If you are going for AAA's score, TDN's Moon Rock Rampage is great! Expect to clear level 15 to match/beat his score, though. It did take me a few tries, but on the last one, I was able to complete all 20 levels. This day was kinda fun (for me)!

I found that guide extremely helpful too, although I could only ever hope to beat Abi's score.

I'm pretty useless at any game which involves the use of the arrow keys because there's just something between my brain and hands that doesn't connect very well ( the reason I STILL can't touch type after 40-mumble years of trying lol). So, anyway, I'm eternally grateful to you @Scoobert_Doo for the spoiler list of games you posted at the beginning of this event as it's enabled me to get in a little practice on some of those games!! :biggrin:

15 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

Crud! I didn't know there was a code for extending the clock! LOL I got 1331 using the trick for Level 6. Although, I don't just block those 3 points marked in the guide. I block between the spawn volcanoes too. It takes about 15-20 seconds to do that and collect 3 of the 4 parts, but it keeps them mostly in a singular line, so, when done correctly, there is a higher chance that the blocks with smash into all 5, or more if they spawn quickly enough in the line of "fire". Getting some nice additional points. Most I've gotten was 100 for the last monster in the block's chain, which means one spawned at just the (right) time. lol

Just watch out for what I'm dubbing, "phantom blocks". Where after sending a block flying, the block graphic stops where it normally would with a normal shove, but for some reason the game might treat it like the block isn't there. Which means that even though you can send other blocks over the space, the monsters can walk over it too. So that's something to be on the lookout for.

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah! You know what my brain did today? As well as refusing point blank to even try Moon Rock rampage? Can you guess? It made me try ZURROBALL!!! :axehead:i scored 2

I am sorry for laughing at you, but I almost fell out of my chair by leaning over the armrest so hard. I also laughed so hard I started wheezing. I start laughing all over again every time I read your last two sentences. Thank you.

@Scoobert_Doo I double-checked, and it was actually level 6 where I kept getting stuck :arrowhead:

But I did finally get the score just now! (At just past 2am...got home late from a party and decided to give it another go before the end of the Neo day. I'm glad I did! Now my streak of gold checkmarks remains intact.) It turns out that the levels get WAY easier after that pesky level 6. On level 10 you get 250 points from one single item! Once I got that far, I realized I can totally conquer this game. I played through level 16 to get AAA's score, and finally finished with 892. Bring on day 11!

5 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

I am sorry for laughing at you, but I almost fell out of my chair by leaning over the armrest so hard. I also laughed so hard I started wheezing. I start laughing all over again every time I read your last two sentences. Thank you.

:laugh: NO need to apologise! I'm fully aware that humour is a coping strategy for me when it comes to dealing with the $%@# my MS puts me through. If I can give someone else a laugh then that's mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. :nod_yes: