Share some happy!

jellysundae

My brain's pottering about by itself, as they do, and suddenly reminded me about Roobarb and Custard, which was a fab cartoon that I adored as a kid in the 70s.

So now I'm sharing an episode with you!

So enjoy! Especially the epic theme music! It's also fabulously British which hopefully makes it all the more fun. :D

Did you like it? :D

Share something that makes you happy. =3

what makes me happy is that they re-booted Captain Tsubasa with new animation and enhanced HD graphics (it's just the same old story though) 

wish they'd make him into an adult already ...

I love this!! I recently stumbled upon this Sesame Street video to teach some kiddos and was cracking up! I hope you enjoy it, too ? "arrivaderci, frog"

1 hour ago, hystrangea said:

I love this!! I recently stumbled upon this Sesame Street video to teach some kiddos and was cracking up! I hope you enjoy it, too ? "arrivaderci, frog

OMG! Cookie Monster is SUCH a manipulator!! :laugh:

hooray for happy x3
theres so many things i could put here... but going along the vein of your roobarb ((thanks for introducing this to me btw, i never heard of it before ^^)), my favorite similar show ((besides the muppets of course)) would be bagpuss =D

oh, how do you put video in here? =o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68UWyU590Ls&list=PLh-Mj_oSkpi75Oxs3r-LbWTKQ0a3RnWMZ

My friend showed me this video and it's just... so sweet and cute and pure and I love it! (And it's clean, adorable fun to listen to. ^^)
Enjoy, my friends ^-^

The Egg Song

It makes me smile everytime I hear it. ^-^

EDIT: I almost forgot about this video. It's fun and pretty much sums up Popplio & Litten if they were to get into a contest on who would be best. Heh. I can picture Rowlet in the background being like: "Uhh.. Guys..?  I still exist."

Anything You Can Do (Pokemon Animatic)

Edited by trickkey
Added another video that makes me happy. :)

4 hours ago, trickkey said:

It makes me smile everytime I hear it. ^-^

With a line like "come into my tummy, it's oh so very yummy" how can it not? :D

6 hours ago, evervast said:

my favorite similar show ((besides the muppets of course)) would be bagpuss =D

BAGPUSS!!! I can hear him yawning, in my head, right now! Also, my younger sister's name is Emily, she freaked out the first time she saw Bagpuss on TV, lol. I'm very happy to spread the Roobarb love! =3

Video should display if you just paste the url *pastes some yawning* :ph34r:

I'm working on a sketch based on the lyrics at 2:00-2:08. I've also learned some history behind the song's origins. I only knew it before as a song my late Dad performed that he learned from one of the legendary Folk music groups of his day. The Kingston Trio, who popularized the song around 1959. Though it was originally written for a political campaign in 1949, and the candidate's name was Walter O'Brien, not George, like in the Kingston Trio's rendition of the song. But that's how Folk music often works, people change up lyrics at times to fit their style.

Anyway, this is the song. Hope you guys enjoy.

If you'd prefer childhood cartoons, there are PLENTY I could rattle off and find links for on Youtube. LOL

I'd also like to recommend this Youtube Channel Playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/user/BProductions12/playlists?shelf_id=0&view=1&sort=dd

I do share this one occasionally. ? The only surviving video of my Dad, Uncles and Grandfather performing some great examples of Irish, Folk and even a little Western music for a St. Patrick's Day gig in a church basement in a rural Irish community in my home state. This was from 1984. There are 25 clips, one for each song. I received a dvd my aunt made of it from the old VHS tape for Christmas after my Dad died. Come the following March, and thanks to a Christmas present from my Mom, I was able to play the video on the computer, and Hack it up into these clips. It's the whole thing, minus the intermission. Which is just people talking. I was... about 2 and 3/4s old, and I remember the old guy doing the camera work... Clearly he wasn't used to it, as you can tell by the way the camera is moving, sometimes they have disembodied heads, and sometimes he's zoomed on the wrong person. It's a neat coincidence that my OLDEST memory of my Dad's performing, would be the ONLY recorded gig that is known to have survived all these decades. LOL Again, if you guys mean more like childhood TV shows, I can post youtube videos in spades. LOL Lots of great cartoons, especially in the 80s. ?

@lojoco49 Hahaha, that was great, I love how deadpan it is. That's some nice-looking proper bread there! And milk in bottles, yay, non-homogenised too! As a kid I always LOVED opening a new bottle of milk so I got to shake it, it's the little things! I'd not want to share the table with that lot though. lol.gif

And them trailing along behind their dad like ducklings, LOL.

So a big question comes to mind . . . what happened to the wife? Was she was sold off, like the hamster? :laugh:

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So a big question comes to mind . . . what happened to the wife? Was she was sold off, like the hamster? :laugh:

Haha, the Old Sheila? I have no idea! If memory serves, she was only ever mentioned and never appeared - like Maris Crane in Frasier.

32 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Haha, the Old Sheila? I have no idea! If memory serves, she was only ever mentioned and never appeared - like Maris Crane in Frasier.

Def disposed of once she'd produced enough free slaves. :laugh:

18 minutes ago, lojoco49 said:

Ooh not until her best scone and tea making days were behind her, I'd say :wink2:

LOL, I was just thinking (whilst making a cuppa) about how very British the Antipodes still are in many habits, and there you go talking about tea and scones. :D