Day 15: Turmac Roll

hrtbrk

Oh no, I hate this game so much. ?

My high score - which I remember getting for some other DD/GMC challenge - took forever to get and is only 465.

(Which one of you decided to classify this dare as 'easy'?! XD)

*Edit: NooooooOOoOoOooOoo

Turmac_roll_10_05_18.png

I got an aquaberry as my first berry. I briefly thought I had the score, but I'd forgotten I need 850, not 800. :crying_anim:

*Edit 2: After getting both and aquaberry and an unguberry in the first few seconds of the game, I got a score of 1023. Now I sincerely hope they'll never pick this game for DD or GMC again. XD
(Also, while taking a break from the game I did the FQ from my FQ cookie, and the Grey Faerie called on the Rainbow Fountain Faerie to help me! :happydance:)

I feel you. The only way I can score high enough is to get one of those high scoring berries near the start, but honestly I'm kind of relieved when I see this game - it's got to be better than Zurroball or Meerca Chase, and at least not worse than Super Hasee Bounce.

(Congrats on getting the Rainbow Fountain Faerie! I've only had her once. Which pet do you plan to paint and which colour?)

4 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

I feel you. The only way I can score high enough is to get one of those high scoring berries near the start, but honestly I'm kind of relieved when I see this game - it's got to be better than Zurroball or Meerca Chase, and at least not worse than Super Hasee Bounce.

(Congrats on getting the Rainbow Fountain Faerie! I've only had her once. Which pet do you plan to paint and which colour?)

For me it was right up there with Meerca Chase and Super Hasee Bounce. Zurroball cost me the gold, so I'd say that one was worse.

One thing that I'm confused about when it comes to Turmac Roll though: does hitting/holding the right arrow actually do anything? Except for when you're just starting, I mean. I tried holding it, hitting it every once in a while, and not hitting it at all, and couldn't tell the difference, to be honest.

(Thanks! I only had one once before as well in over 14 years of playing, so I'm very excited! :laugh: I'm still trying to figure that out. I have a Kiko on a side account that I want to paint Eventide, but I'm also considering use the CC perk 'Limited Edition' for that (in a roundabout sort of way - giving her an Eventide Lenny MP first, then using the perk to turn her back into a Kiko). So I might take a while to decide what the best way to use the perks & dip are. I'm not expecting another FFQ very soon anyway. ? )

I love this game, and Nielo: No holding down the right arrow key doesn't do anything, I think it even might mess it up because sometimes it won't register you push the up button because of it. Just make sure you keep rolling at full speed. So just push it when you're slowing down.

@Nielo I can't believe my luck! My personal high score as well! I begin to see why they rate this game as easy

(Definitely take your time to decide! I used my fountain faerie for my Faerie Xweetok, and have since regretted it. And I rushed into using the CC Limited Edition Perk for another pet. I used the Maraquan Buzz Morphing Potion, and was hoping for a Maraquan Draik, only to find out Draiks and Krawks can't be obtained through this method, so I settled for a Maraquan Chomby. Btw why are some morphing potions so cheap? They're r90+ after all)

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 17.56.57.png

Oh my, the mixed feelings here . . . I like this game though I'm not particularly good at it, it's one where Abigail's score is super easy to beat, but AAA's, well . . .

image.png.bdd600b44f12ae0086001cedc0c64f68.png

Yeah. High score is only from luck with a few high value berries. Also, the up and down arrow keys on this new laptop are tiddly - two half-keys in the space for one - so I think it's gonna be Abi all the way for me! Though this is the first day I'll be competing since Kou-Jong so anything is better than nothing, right?

As an aside, Lulu's item today is lovely! :D

65021.gif?650

OH!!! and they're BIG too, not puny and pointless like so many lower foreground items!

medium_preview.png

Interesting that the orange flowers are pink in the DTI preview! ?

47 minutes ago, Duma said:

I love this game, and Nielo: No holding down the right arrow key doesn't do anything, I think it even might mess it up because sometimes it won't register you push the up button because of it. Just make sure you keep rolling at full speed. So just push it when you're slowing down.

Thanks, I didn't actually hold it down a lot, because it seemed unnecessary, but reading some of the guides/neoboards post got me confused.

22 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

@Nielo I can't believe my luck! My personal high score as well! I begin to see why they rate this game as easy

(Definitely take your time to decide! I used my fountain faerie for my Faerie Xweetok, and have since regretted it. And I rushed into using the CC Limited Edition Perk for another pet. I used the Maraquan Buzz Morphing Potion, and was hoping for a Maraquan Draik, only to find out Draiks and Krawks can't be obtained through this method, so I settled for a Maraquan Chomby. Btw why are some morphing potions so cheap? They're r90+ after all)

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 17.56.57.png

Congrats! :D
I think I spent far too much time on this game to ever understand why anyone would classify it as easy. (Or fun.) XD

(That's a shame! I'm definitely going to take my time - I tend to over-think things anyway. ? I also kind of have my eye on a Candy Kougra. Good question, I think it's because some have become really common, for instance they're prizes at some of the dailies. The Pirate MP's are possible prizes for the Forgotten Shore and Anchor Management (I think) and Red Poogle MP's must also come from some daily, as I have a few of those as well, although I can't remember which one. As for the others - I have no idea.)

my highscore is about 2650 so i thought this is easy

but i was wrong .. i am rusty and i havent played in a long while

i managed to get 2 Unguberry in a row !!  then a Jumbleberry and i missed a third Unguberry !! then a Voidberry and I got the score ...

but the Prizes are meh 

13 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

Nice customisation! The flowers go very well with everything else! It looks like the Kacheek is living happily in a spacious tree dwelling! What background are you using?

Thank you! That was just playing on DTI to see how the flower tubs looked, his actual customisation is this. I wanted to create a plant-filled boho Parisian apartment and I think I succeeded. :D

4.png

The new flowers remove the pillars though, and I'm really pleased with the depth those give the room so he's not getting any new flowers right now, lol. The background is an NC item, the magnificent entry way, part of the MME23

medium_preview.png

It was gifted to me by the lovely @kayahtik , because TDNers are awesome!! :D:heart:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I managed nearly 500 on my first try with this game today, but only from getting an unguberry early on, never got over 200 in subsequent attempts so I called it quits before I got annoyed, lol.

If you're having some issues playing on hard and just seem to be doing worse each game. It's time to take a break! Refresh your game when you're ready to come back to it. That's what I did last night and got my score rather easily with the help of the Aquaberry and that Peach-coloured one. Turmac Roll is one of my favourite games. I never knew holding down the right arrow key was unnecessary until now lol.

I'm so glad today was another easy day for me. I'm still hung up on a few games and haven't had much time to play games lately.

Good luck to everyone still working on a score for this one!

This may be the one that undoes me. My highest score so far is ~360. I can't believe how slowly the points go up in this game ;.;

And if it weren't already hard enough, playing is making me dizzy. That turmac rolls wayyyyyy too fast. 

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

This may be the one that undoes me. My highest score so far is ~360. I can't believe how slowly the points go up in this game ;.;

And if it weren't already hard enough, playing is making me dizzy. That turmac rolls wayyyyyy too fast. 

If you made it through Meerca Chase II, Super Hasee Bounce, and Zurroball, I know you can "meet/beat" AAA on this one, too. Try not to focus on the rolling Turmac, but on the terrain ahead. This game is a lot of luck, but I know you can do it!

Another tough game. Finally got the score after a couple dozen plays. Remember, you can push the left arrow button, or hold it down to SLOW down, almost to a crawl. This can help when overjumping berries SOMETIMES. By holding Left in Mid-air you still slow and drop almost like a stone. But you can never go backwards. So your timing has to be quick and precise.

For me though, the WORST part are the 3 trees. They almost always appear after getting a decent score built up and after a BIG jump with a tiny spike of land sticking up. Then after clearing that there appears a little tree, a BIG tree, and another little tree. 9 times out of 10, my game will end when they appear. My first game ended with not only me at about 650 points, but with an Aquaberry coming up into view just beyond where I crashed! Talk about a tease! Oh, and another control thing that is interesting, is if you hold the Up arrow key, Turmy will try to jump continuously. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it's ruinous. But if you feel your going to land on some spot that you're not going to make it over, Like one of those spits of land sticking up like a stalagmite, I'd chance it and hold UP until you're passed it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and then you should hold the Left arrow key to slow down so you don't lose control of Turmy for TOO long. Since you don't know what kind of terrain will show up next. But speed of course is essential to make it over the coming jumps so don't stay slow for very long!

My best score is a bit over 2200, but I managed today to get 1,173. Not too shabby for missing some very nice berries. LOL Anyway, hope some of what I've typed helps. I'd forgotten some of these tricks until I got playing today. Getting the rust off. lol ?

I tried explaining in the Daily Dare 2018 has begun! topic, but I'll try explaining with pictures for the visual orientated people.

After the bumped hill with the big spike (first frame of the picture) the 3 trees will ALWAYS show up . This game has patterns in the obstacles! So you can learn the best way to jump in every spot. For the 3 trees there are 2 ways to clear it:

1: Jump right before the baby tree and jump over all 3 stumps. Picture shows the hill just before the 3 trees will show up, and the second frame shows where I jumped. I did make it over all 3 stumps. (It was hard making a screenshot at the right time whitout messing up.  :P I clicked my up arrow and my print screen button at the same time, or I tried to anyway. It's the hardest spot in the game for me too, just so you know. lol)Turmac Roll 1.jpg

2. Do a double jump, one before the root of the baby tree, and a second jump on the big stump:

Turmac Roll 3.jpg

Took three screenshots, the first one is where I hit my up arrow, but the finger on printscreen was like a milisecond earlier. In the second (I was just too late clicking print screen) it's like a fraction of a second after jumping. On the third picture (I was late again hitting print screen) I showed in color where I landed and jumped again. You basically jump twice really rapid after each other.

If I knew how to record and edit I would have done that, but I don't have time to figure that out right now, so the pics will have to do for now. I hope it will help you if you're still trying to get your scores.

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot: If you jump just too soon to get over all three, but too late to do the double jump on the big stump, don't do nothing, there is a chance that if you jump in between the big and second baby tree, you'll clear it too and you can keep on going. I've never tried with a double jump between the first baby stump and the big one, so not sure if that would work or not.

@Duma  Those pictures are really helpful, thank you! They should come in handy next time I have to play this game (I feel it's inevitable....). So there were a few times in my games when I jumped on top of the big tree, like you showed in your last screenshot, but that would end my game. Did I just have the timing wrong? I was getting the impression that you have to jump OVER trees, and can't jump ON TOP of them. 

16 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

@Duma  Those pictures are really helpful, thank you! They should come in handy next time I have to play this game (I feel it's inevitable....). So there were a few times in my games when I jumped on top of the big tree, like you showed in your last screenshot, but that would end my game. Did I just have the timing wrong? I was getting the impression that you have to jump OVER trees, and can't jump ON TOP of them. 

I guess your timing was off then, I jump on the big trees all the time not only in this combination, also when there is a berry a bit higher up on the right of a tree or with the 2 tree combi. Maybe you can't roll on them so the moment you are going to hit the tree you should jump? I never really wondered about that. If I have time later this week I'll try to make a video. I found a video of Bartdrunkeys who plays a lot like I am, the first game he messed up the 3 tree combo too, but later in the video he successfully does that one, but with a double jump between the second and 3rd tree. This might help a lot of people.