Notable Donors?

jujube159

There's a new thing on the sidebar that shows "notable donors" and one of their pets. The only problem I have with it is that it's constantly sliding to another one, and it's really annoying and distracting. Does anyone know if I can turn this off?

Someone posted a link to this petpage on the neoboards, which has instructions on how to turn it off. (Probably won't work if you're using IE, but other browsers should be fine.) I haven't tried it myself yet, but other people on the neoboards say it works like a charm.

(It's a shame they didn't just post those notable pets on the homepage, like the Charity Corner perk's description said they would. That would've been a lot less disruptive/annoying.)

Thank you! It worked perfectly. 

I didn't even realize it was related to Charity Corner lol

@MinaxUmbra I think the vast majority of the players who "chose" this perk (if not all the players who chose this perk) did so only because they had a lot of points left and had already used all the other perks. (Some notable pets even have names like "Ihadtobuythisperk".)

(It would've been far better if there would've been an option to use other perks multiple times.)

Seems this feature has gone now, lol . . .

People who hadn't blocked it say there were only 3 people on it on the 3rd day or something, and there's nothing there now.

I blocked it because it was annoying and stretching my page out.  I wonder if only a few people selected that perk, or if TNT realised it was just irritating people and got rid. I've got spare CC points left too.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

People who hadn't blocked it say there were only 3 people on it on the 3rd day or something, and there's nothing there now.

I noticed that too, but it's back up in the sidebar and there are six new people today. Although when you click on the "more" link, page 4 is empty and unclickable. -shrug- I'm not bothered by it. I wish it were below the neofriends list instead of above, but oh well. 

I have to admit that I'd not want to have had to come up with a load of ideas for perks, so I don't envy JS with this. This one was 95% filler though, wasn't it. Some people will get a kick out of their pet being seen by everyone (I'd have given mine the most bizarre customisation I could possibly think of, just because!) but for most it's a pretty pointless thing. But again, I don't think I'd have come up with anything better.

I don't think I would buy this perk even if I had leftover points. Personally, I think I'd be a little uncomfortable having my account/pet advertised to everyone in Neopia. I also think it's weird/interesting that they changed the perk to last only one day instead of a week like it originally said. 

You're right though, I probably couldn't have come up with anything better. 

I think a lot of people did a nice job with it though. Some of them refer to the fact that they were "forced" to get this perk, others use it to advertise their shop or guides and some are just really brilliant pets. (The sidebar actually isn't annoying me much - to my surprise - and I'm just enjoying all the things people came up with solely for this perk.)

I also find it enjoyable. I love how people who got it are taking advantage of it. Someone made a 1 bil guide and when you go to it  - well youre basically being trolled. I thought that was hilarious. 

As far as the "perk" goes, remember, your pet is supposed to be "on display" for a day. 24 hours, I'm guessing, or at the start and end of the "Neo" day (midnight NST). So, if you don't see the "Notable Donor" sidebar one day, but see it the next, that is most likely why - no one purchased the "perk" for that day. I don't think it was JS/TNT hiding it or removing it.

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

As far as the "perk" goes, remember, your pet is supposed to be "on display" for a day. 24 hours, I'm guessing, or at the start and end of the "Neo" day (midnight NST). So, if you don't see the "Notable Donor" sidebar one day, but see it the next, that is most likely why - no one purchased the "perk" for that day. I don't think it was JS/TNT hiding it or removing it.

I think you're right there, I'll admit I'd not really considered the logistics of it. Some people might be holding out on using the perk in the hope that they'd be the only one using it on a particular day, so their pet would have the spot light all to itself.

EDIT

I've just been looking at the Notable's page as it was linked to on the boards and I'd seen people talking about the 1 bil NP guide joke and wanted to check it out myself, I had a good laugh. :D

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/perks/notabledonors.phtml?day=5

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I think you're right there, I'll admit I'd not really considered the logistics of it. Some people might be holding out on using the perk in the hope that they'd be the only one using it on a particular day, so their pet would have the spot light all to itself.

EDIT

I've just been looking at the Notable's page as it was linked to on the boards and I'd seen people talking about the 1 bil NP guide joke and wanted to check it out myself, I had a good laugh. :D

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/perks/notabledonors.phtml?day=5

Did you happen to notice the pet name for the first pet listed for day 2? I'll just leave it at that...

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/perks/notabledonors.phtml?day=2

5 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Did you happen to notice the pet name for the first pet listed for day 2? I'll just leave it at that...

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/perks/notabledonors.phtml?day=2

Oh yes I most definitely noticed that one, it's great! :D

21 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

Found this on Reddit. If Grape Lutari existed and looked exactly like that, I'd totally love to get one

That's super-cute, isn't it!

Though could it be that Lutaris are actually predatory carnivores and what you're seeing there is one that's just devoured a grape Chia whole? ?

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Though could it be that Lutari's are actually predatory carnivores and what you're seeing there is one that's just devoured a grape Chia whole? ?

Oh my... what a dark thought ?

Is a grape chia smaller than a normal chia? Because Lutaris are around 50cm, and Chias around 60cm... ?

1 hour ago, Vlagopus said:

Oh my... what a dark thought ?

Is a grape chia smaller than a normal chia? Because Lutaris are around 50cm, and Chias around 60cm... ?

They certainly look to be a lot smaller.

4.png4.png

And maybe the Lutari can dislocate its jaw the way snakes do . . .:ph34r:?

That snake appears to have ?

On 5/17/2018 at 7:25 AM, Nielo said:

Poor Zilacea, just showing up as a cog, because Grape Lutaris don't exist...

Am I missing something here? The pet lookup *says* it's a Grape Lutari, so how did that even happen?! It's things like this that keep me awake at night lol