Day 20 - Volcano Run II [DOUBLE DARE]

hrtbrk

Remember today is the last day to get your challenges completed!

This one is going to take a bit of time I think. My HS is only 115 so hopefully, I can get enough to beat AAA.

Use the c and v to slow down and accelerate to avoid getting hit. The shield comes in handy too. Try to grab as much of the gems as possible but don't lose a life over it

About the code for the extra life: I have no clue how to type it without losing a life so I didn't bother anymore after a few tries.

What kind of name is Glubgar?! It sounds like a swear word, which might be fitting considering how difficult this game is lol

As for the code, I managed to type it (with one hand, while the other hand controls the mouse) right at the start before things started flying at me. Not that an extra life helps...

57 minutes ago, Vlagopus said:

What kind of name is Glubgar?! It sounds like a swear word, which might be fitting considering how difficult this game is

?

This is another I'm not sure I'm even gonna attempt. Let's see what my "high" score for it is . . . :ph34r:

Yeah . . .

image.png.1f4aaed170d5021d289eb2309db7f150.png

That'll be a NOPE from me then! :lmaosmiley:

EDIT!!!

Now I was just going to be sarcastic about the awesome last day item from Lulu . . .

image.png.32e64c71665359ea755a96d7e96382dc.png

Then I checked my inventory!

image.thumb.png.9f650dc78071820af1c61b903525fdfc.png

Item not displaying yet? No surprise there, but, BUTTT!!! The Hideout background!!! I'm SURE this was included by mistake, but ta very much JS! *snatches your hand off* I've coveted this b/g since it came out as I've said elsewhere, and now it's dropped into my lap! :happydance:

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

?

This is another I'm not sure I'm even gonna attempt. Let's see what my "high" score for it is . . . :ph34r:

Yeah . . .

image.png.1f4aaed170d5021d289eb2309db7f150.png

That'll be a NOPE from me then! :lmaosmiley:

EDIT!!!

Now I was just going to be sarcastic about the awesome last day item from Lulu . . .

image.png.32e64c71665359ea755a96d7e96382dc.png

Then I checked my inventory!

image.thumb.png.9f650dc78071820af1c61b903525fdfc.png

Item not displaying yet? No surprise there, but, BUTTT!!! The Hideout background!!! I'm SURE this was included by mistake, but ta very much JS! *snatches your hand off* I've coveted this b/g since it came out as I've said elsewhere, and now it's dropped into my lap! :happydance:

I don't know about you guys, but I used to look at my high scores and go, "OMG, there's NO WAY I am going to get the necessary score for this game."  But then I remembered, when I was going for the Top Gamer avatar and I had to play 250 games, I did just that, PLAYED the games without any concerns for the score.  I played only ONE life, then sent the score and moved on.  So, some of my scores look like that, but are no indication of my actual ability to play the game.  So I have stopped paying attention to that number.  Although, I probably got that number for SOME reason, huh? LOL

14 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

I don't know about you guys, but I used to look at my high scores and go, "OMG, there's NO WAY I am going to get the necessary score for this game."  But then I remembered, when I was going for the Top Gamer avatar and I had to play 250 games, I did just that, PLAYED the games without any concerns for the score.  I played only ONE life, then sent the score and moved on.  So, some of my scores look like that, but are no indication of my actual ability to play the game.  So I have stopped paying attention to that number.  Although, I probably got that number for SOME reason, huh? LOL

Yeah, I am totally aware that with some of the scores it's most definitely from working on the Top Gamer avatar, like when it's 3 or something. :laugh: But a lot of the time with this DD I've just not been mentally up to trying games that I don't know. I've never got anything other than the participation trophy for DD anyway, so it's not like I'm letting myself down or anything. THAT will be for this year's AC! :lmaosmiley:-_- so not looking forward to that . . .

somehow i beat AAA in one go !!

my HS is around 800 but i haven't played in so long 

now for the avatar score (1500) they advise not to get the yellow gems at the beginning (i have no idea why)

but for a score of 500 it's ok to grab as many as you like (250 points gems + 250 meters is enough for the score)

Yeah this one surprisingly wasn't so bad. My hs was only ~150, but I played a few games on my laptop and quickly scored 450. Once I got to work and had a mouse, I got it on my second try. 

I second @Duma though, I have NO IDEA how you're supposed to use that code. I managed to type it once, but then promptly died, so it was useless. 

Based on this thread, I was assuming I'd use C and/or V a lot, and wouldn't be able to type the code, but after a few tries, I actually managed the code quite easily (except for the few times the rocks showed up a little early), but I never dit get the hang of accelerating/slowing down. XD

This game is more luck-based than I'd expected though. Sometimes you get long stretches of fairly wide tunnel, with quite a few gems, and other times you enter narrow bit only to see a rock bouncing up and down and a fireball coming straight at you. (This is where the extra life came in handy: I had one fairly long run with quite a few gems, and then managed to collect just enough gems to get AAA's score while on my final life.)

10 hours ago, Angeló said:

now for the avatar score (1500) they advise not to get the yellow gems at the beginning (i have no idea why)

From my understanding, two reasons:

1. The "max" you can get for gems is 450 points (It may be possible to get more, but that is usually the average limit), and

2. When you reach the 450 point limit, the 3 gems are replaced by 3 fireballs

When going for the avatar, gems are easier to dodge (well, you can't get hurt by), than 3 fireballs in a row, are. Your score is based on your best distance, plus any bonuses. So, if you can reach 1050 on your first life, you can spend the others trying to get 450.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

ok i know this tip is too late

but 

for the code , before you click Start Game , type Glubga ..... when the game starts , type the last letter "R" and you get your extra life easily  

Sneaky! I like it!

And would this method work for all the games that require this kind of thing?

like doughnutfruit and  plzsutekcanihavemoretime for example?

Can you have it typed ready until you need it, and then hit the last letter?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Sneaky! I like it!

And would this method work for all the games that require this kind of thing?

like doughnutfruit and  plzsutekcanihavemoretime for example?

Can you have it typed ready until you need it, and then hit the last letter?

i think so yes .. i mean with sutek's tomb i think u can pause the game , type in the words then un-pause and type the last letter

btw i tried that Glubgar tip today and it didn't work idk why .. i used to do it all the time

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

btw i tried that Glubgar tip today and it didn't work idk why .. i used to do it all the time

It's because it SAW you mention it on here!

?