I love my son

babayaga67

Disclaimer: Reading this is not compulsory. I just feel the need to rant and I have no friends in real life. I apologize ahead of time to those of you who chose to read this and are loosing valuable time that you will never get back. RUN! Flee the insanity! I can't run, so I beg of you to run in my stead.

I love my son, I swear! He has been in speech therapy for about five months because he refused to talk to me. By last month his speech therapist told me that he was almost caught up to where he needs to be for his age group(he just didn't want to learn from my husband or myself evidently). Now he just won't stop following me around and talking to me/refusing to let me clean anything. At this very moment I am sitting on my couch typing this on my Chromebook and he has one leg over my shoulder trying to climb onto my head while trying to ask me how much I know about sharks.

Last week he figured out how to get past the child proof covers on the doorknobs. I can not escape from him! I do love my son, but I wish that I wouldn't feel horribly guilty about tying him up in a burlap sac and locking him in the garage for an hour. I don't care that it's illegal, that's not the problem. The problem is that I just can't bring myself to do something like that to him, because I know that it would make him sad, even if it would mean an hour of relaxing and unwinding for me. I hate having to listen to any of my herd cry. It just tears my heart apart. Does it make me a good mom that I choose to continue my suffering instead of making him unhappy for just a short period of time? Or am I just already completely mentally insane?

Because he figured out how to get past the child proof covers on the doors I have had trouble keeping him in the house. I am afraid that I am going to have to buy more locks/latches for the doors! I am going to go broke trying to keep him in the house! There is a needle exchange in the building behind my house. We do have a fence, but I don't want him out there unsupervised with all of the drugged out people who might go walking by. He also has no concept of streets, so if he gets out of the yard I know that he would be hit by a car/become completely lost.

I do love my son, but AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

How old is he? Maybe you can get him into a group activity or something like coloring at home? Just to take the focus off you?. Also I'm pretty sure very parent thinks this at multiple points throughout raising a child lol. No worries ?

I'm a Mom of three girls aged 1, 4 and 6. They are a HANDFUL! I never get a moment of peace and quiet unless they're asleep. My middle monster is stuck to me like glue. I cannot even go to the bathroom by myself. If I leave her in the living room and dining room are with both gates closed to keep Little Babes in she will scream and pound on the gates until she's able to trail after me. She is a very demanding little monster and will demand snacks or whatever she wants and expect me to jump up immediately and serve her. She drives me bonkers and I would so love to not have to deal with her attitude for a while. But what am I going to do? Lock her upstairs and hide at my computer with headphones so I can't hear her?! Not an option lol. So I definitely feel you're pain and you're not alone. As for the door issue if he can open them then you need to consider his safety and put a latch at the top where he can't reach it. Also you might be able to get those little sensor things that go on doors and windows. When they're opened an alarm will sound and you'd be notified right away.

I sure hope it's a phase thing! She drives me bonkers quite frequently lol. She's getting a bit better slowly. I think her main problem is she's so used to being around me constantly and is having a hard time expressing her feelings so it just comes out as anger. She is a very sweet child and always says to either me or Dad, "I want give you hug!" and she'll give us hugs all the time and say, "I love you Mom/Dad!" quite frequently. She's gotten a little more expressive that way with us and it's so sweet! She'll go to her baby sister and big sister to say the same things too. We're slowly working on correcting her demanding rudeness. I refuse to get off my behind if she yells, screams or has a fit for no reason because she's asked for something across the room. She needs to come to me, ask nicely and then wait a minute, like 30 seconds, for me to wrap up what I'm currently doing. If she asks nicely the first time then I'll get up right away if I can.

How did your search for door latches go?

I have my kids from crawling age up to about 3 or so confined to two rooms with the safety gates. My 6-year-old can barely open the ones I've got and my 4-year-old, so you could also consider using the safety gates to put him in a room or use one for his room instead of a regular door that he can open up. Might be useful for nighttime so he doesn't end up wandering out of the house in the middle of the night. the ones I have are Safety 1st Pressure Mounted and Hardware Mounted. I can give you a link for them if you're interested in looking at them. I've purchased several gates over the years and I always go back to this one. It's a tad more expensive but they last way longer.