inkblot_kiko_by_cheshiresmilebit-dcc2d2e

inkblot_lupe_no_shading_by_cheshiresmile

kacheek_inkblot__no_shading__by_cheshire

I want to you or myself actually enter it into a contest someday

This is a Inkblot Kacheek his name is Jerry, He was painted with an Inkblot paint bursh.

Tell me what will you think should enter it into a contest or what?

Inkblot Paint Brush is base on 30's rubberhose cartoons and Bendy and the Ink Machine

While I love the concept, I feel like the result might be too close to the Skunk paintbrush. Personally I would recommend making the contrast a little less intense (keep the black as dark as it is but make the white into more of a light gray). Another idea might be making it slightly yellowed like things in Bendy and the Ink Machine. Maybe try it on a few other pets as well to see its potential.

I definitely like it better with the yellow gloved hands and the gray contrast instead of the white.  Much better.  Great advice MinaX.

It's a super-cute concept, but I sadly suspect that the flat shade-less style that makes it so evocative and cute wouldn't work well with customisation. I think you'd need to add a lot more lighter shading, to get it to not stick out like a sore thumb when paired with any of Neo's items, which would spoil the whole retro effect.

It is a shame because I love the styling of the Kacheek, the face looks adorable with that pattern of black and white.Though now you've added gloves he looks more like Mickey Mouse than ever.

@jellysundae Now he just needs the button shorts and suspenders. Though I am pretty sure Disney would hop on that and sue neo real fast. They have hundreds of lawyers to protect their franchise.

@UndeadNinjabit It looks great! Though when I read the title I originally thought it was going to be some kind of therapy card splat version of a neopet. This is WAY better!

Ok

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double, triple or quadruple post. Use the 'Edit' button below or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Please do NOT remove moderator edits!
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

18 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

Though when I read the title I originally thought it was going to be some kind of therapy card splat version of a neopet.

Haha, I thought the EXACT same myself!

Whatever Neopet you see in this image tells some shrink all kinds of things about you! ?

Cool pics and idea!!

Have you ever heard of the game, Cuphead? I haven't played it, but the WHOLE game's animation was entirely hand-drawn and done pretty close to traditionally. Except they had computers to help too. lol  But yeah, it's all based on the same 1930s cartoon and animation concepts.

Since it's Neo-inspired, I don't think Disney would or could sue. After all, Neopets, and other games do their own "takes" on certain items or materials that were not their original ideas. Even a number of their games are much like other games, except with Neo-skins. XD If you're familiar with Artixgames, like AdventureQuest, or DragonFable, that's their bread and butter for new job/classes, enemies, items, etc.

Like you, I would LOVE to pitch an idea to TNT, for a game. But, I doubt they could take a suggestion from a non-staff member, and I don't want to move to CA to apply. lol (Last I checked you've gotta LIVE in the area where their HQ is to work there.) Anyway, I loved Neoquest 2, so much so that I had an idea to combine my favorite pet-species and give it a role in an idea I had for Neoquest 3. Kind of continues the story from Neoquest 2, in my head at least. LOL The ideas used to be clearer in my noggin, but I wouldn't mind drafting up some map designs. Chapter ideas, etc. I'd love to see an NQ3 game someday, done in the same vein as NQ2 was.

So anyway, good luck if/when you submit your inkblot brush idea into a contest! I'll be rootin' for it! :D

On 5/21/2018 at 11:45 PM, Aquamentis12 said:

Cool pics and idea!!

Have you ever heard of the game, Cuphead? I haven't played it, but the WHOLE game's animation was entirely hand-drawn and done pretty close to traditionally. Except they had computers to help too. lol  But yeah, it's all based on the same 1930s cartoon and animation concepts.

Since it's Neo-inspired, I don't think Disney would or could sue. After all, Neopets, and other games do their own "takes" on certain items or materials that were not their original ideas. Even a number of their games are much like other games, except with Neo-skins. XD If you're familiar with Artixgames, like AdventureQuest, or DragonFable, that's their bread and butter for new job/classes, enemies, items, etc.

Like you, I would LOVE to pitch an idea to TNT, for a game. But, I doubt they could take a suggestion from a non-staff member, and I don't want to move to CA to apply. lol (Last I checked you've gotta LIVE in the area where their HQ is to work there.) Anyway, I loved Neoquest 2, so much so that I had an idea to combine my favorite pet-species and give it a role in an idea I had for Neoquest 3. Kind of continues the story from Neoquest 2, in my head at least. LOL The ideas used to be clearer in my noggin, but I wouldn't mind drafting up some map designs. Chapter ideas, etc. I'd love to see an NQ3 game someday, done in the same vein as NQ2 was.

So anyway, good luck if/when you submit your inkblot brush idea into a contest! I'll be rootin' for it! :D

Your welcome

his post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review SPAM our rules.

• 2 months later...