Serf Lens

babayaga67

Did anyone else notice that the rarity on the serf lens has changed? I used to collect them for Granny because they were a rare item and were always really cheap. A few days ago I noticed that they are now special. Has anything like that ever happened before?

No, I am not crazy. The whole reason I have so many is because they were easy points for CC. Serf Lens and Toy Pirate Sword were the two main rare items that I would go after because they were ALWAYS so cheap

Wow, I never actually noticed the rarity of the Serf Lens, I most definitely would have if I'd known they were a rare because I'm stalking the Money Tree for 'em for the next CC. That Toy Pirate Sword is one I always grab if I can, lol. I wonder if it's been reclassified because the other lenses that Coltzan gives out are all over 100 rarity, though only the expert lens is also special.

Oh, well, unless they've ALL been reclassified recently ofc.

To my knowledge, the serf lens has always a special item.  I gave a lot of them away during this past charity corner and they were special then.  They certainly are special.  LOL

I haven't actually checked in a while. I always scroll through my items before I quick stock deposit them, and I remember the first time I noticed the rare note under the serf lens I thought "OOOOOOO! Nice! I shall save you!" I always double checked them too. The last time that I can distinctly remember checking the rarity of the serf lens was about a week before CC this year. I only have 7 right now. I am pretty sure that when I donated them they did count as rare items. For obvious reasons I can't go back in time and double check, but I am pretty confident in my memory for almost everything.

This has been bothering me quite a bit. I had a dream last night where JN started changing the rarities on all sorts of items. It was utter chaos. There was one special item, the Organic Peanut (which is currently a gourmet food) that was changed to bat rare. There was a lot of freaking out on the forums about what on earth that meant.

@jellysundae I am not surprised that someone who had over 800 shiny obsidian for CC this last year grabs stuff from the money tree just for CC. Not even a little bit.

Edit: Moldy Left Overs are also a rare item for anyone who wants to stock up from the money tree. Gross? Yes. Does that stop Granny? Nope!

5 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

Edit: Moldy Left Overs are also a rare item for anyone who wants to stock up from the money tree. Gross? Yes. Does that stop Granny? Nope!

Hahaha, those were one of the few Money Tree items that actually benefited me during this year's CC. I had about 130 of them. :laugh: Most of the gross food I nabbed is still in my SDB because I'd had enough by the time all the rare and uncommon stuff was gone and didn't get to it.

I was being weird and knew it with the obsidian, I just wanted to see how much I could accumulate, though I've no real idea why. :arrowhead: I did get rid of ALL of it during CC though, and I've no real need to collect more as I have over 800 of these 63245.gif now!

I had a dream once where neopets changed my draik into a baby royal plushie. He was hideous. I checked him as soon as I woke up. (of course, then I started labbing him and he mostly looks hideous these days).

Got to admit I thought the serf lens was special anyway.

I have 1071 lunch trays. Oh the joys of repetitively clicking till your arm falls off to spend those last points :dance: