Let's talk about hardtotame

Are you currently thinking, "who's that?". Please let me enlighten you!

She's a gift from the gods in the form of a TNT staffer who . . . wait for it . . . answers questions and gives information ?

I know, right?!

This is her first board, read it and delight in it!

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159443414

And from this board, the kind of EVERYTHING that deserves a screenshot.

image.png.616ee8d22565204eba931e8566b8adbc.png

*happy sigh*

And this one about nerfing plot weapons http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=159453509

Whoever this lady in India is, she deserves way more than whatever she's being paid, because she's worth her weight in gold!

Yeah, she's great! It's also amazing how much everybody on the neoboards loves her. (I just hope she'll be able to deal with all the incredibly high expectations people have of her now, without going insane.)

Also, an editorial with actual useful updates (hopefully without all that cookie throwing nonsense) would be so awesome.

53 minutes ago, Nielo said:

(I just hope she'll be able to deal with all the incredibly high expectations people have of her now, without going insane.)

Yeah! ? Someone in one of the threads said something like "she put a sticking plaster on our boo-boo and now people are expecting her to perform brain surgery," >_< SO true though! But isn't it AMAZING the flood of goodwill that transparent and literate interaction, and actual answers generates. Who'd a thunk? ? lol

And people are right that this editorial isn't so immature either, so hopefully this means Scrappy's going to be talking to us more on level terms from now on.

I WANT to feel so hopeful about this turn-around, but I'm afraid to. ?

One thing I'm pretty sure of (but hope to be wrong about) is Scrappy's nose being put out of joint by all the very genuine (and thoroughly deserved) love being aimed at another staffer.

Herdy collated hardtotame's posts in an update on JN so I saw one I'd not spotted before.

A lot of you have been asking for updates about the Battledome fixes, and for an update on DoN.

DoN - This is easy to answer. We want to fix the Battledome first.

Battledome fixes - *sigh* Okay, so here's what's happening. We took a look at the results of the survey, and we made a list of things that we need to focus on. Our senior-most programmer is the one that's working on it. He's also the one that gets called in every time there's something 'big' that needs to be done. With the current situation we're in (having to optimize the entire website for mobile, looking for solutions to features that currently work on Flash, etc), that's fairly often. Which means, he has to put the fixes on hold and help us with solutions to these other issues, that come with grave consequences if they're ignored. So, he's on one such break right now, and he will return to the Battledome once he's done with his current task. For these reasons, it's very difficult to give you a timeline that we can be sure we'll stick to, but we can tell you that you ARE on our list of priorities, and we're working on it (just not at the moment, unfortunately).

So much info, and such lovely eloquence.

*further happy sigh*

And this means DoN IS going to be fixed?

it appears so! That's great news! I'm okay with waiting as long as I know it's coming back and not forgotten. I do wonder how they plan on fixing the battledome. I hope they won't change the things I like about it!

I think they hired a very nice person and they should give her access to the Official Neopets board if they haven't already. It would make it easier to find the info. Also less people can say that TNT isn't communicating. I know it's blue on the boards, but there are so many boards that it can easily be missed. I know members can't respond to it, but she could do both. Doing what's she's doing now and posting stuff on the official boards for easy access.

Yeah, giving her access makes total sense. Especially as, when a post was made is was just a copy/pasta of her posts anyway.

I hope we're not making assumptions about DoN. I know what she said there isn't categorically stating that it will be fixed, but, hardtotame doesn't seem to have much truck with ambiguity, and the wording does implies that it will be fixed at some point.