Altador Cup: Sign-Ups Postponed Indefinitely

hrtbrk

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

All hinting at a build up to something. Kind of nervous about finding out what that something is. ?

Maybe the "something" is another plot that will drag on for months and leave you dissatisfied with the conclusion, and also let the villain escape so they can reuse them in a future plot.

18 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

A necessary EVIL:crying_anim:       Wow, ummm, ok I guess you have a point about the increased website traffic but what about the prizes?:happydance:  

You guys really hate AC this much?    Oh well, of course there are different strokes for different folks  I just didn't know that AC caused anyone this amount of pain. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say it causes me pain. If anything it pains to think about all the effort some people put into getting to All-Star :ph34r:

Also, don't take my comments too seriously. I just like to exaggerate :P

But yeah, I do believe the AC is a bad event. There hasn't been any major change in the last 8 years, and for an annual event to remain engaging, you need to spice things up every once in a while, add something new to the mix. But to do that you need resources, i.e. something that JS lacks.

11 hours ago, MinaxUmbra said:

Maybe the "something" is another plot that will drag on for months and leave you dissatisfied with the conclusion, and also let the villain escape so they can reuse them in a future plot.

Do you work for Jumpstart? ? You know it's probably a sackable offense to be giving away their trade secrets. ?

10 hours ago, Hanso said:

But yeah, I do believe the AC is a bad event. There hasn't been any major change in the last 8 years, and for an annual event to remain engaging, you need to spice things up every once in a while, add something new to the mix. But to do that you need resources, i.e. something that JS lacks.

I'm not so sure about this with regard to the AC, I mean it's no different to RL sporting contests that happen every year, there's not a whole lot of scope for change. I suppose all they could really alter would be to have different side games? Say increase the pool of them and have a randomly picked 3 each year. 

Though having said that, letting people vote on which ones to play would add a nice interactive element and put control into our hands which people would like. Would also give the habitual complainers something to fill the boards about when the games they voted for didn't make the cut, so everyone would be "happy". :ph34r:

Ugh, I hope they don't let us vote.   I  noticed on the boards that after neopets changed something because of the complaining chatboard element, they thought they could demand this and that. It's like having a virtual tantrum on the chatboards gets you your own way, and I don't like that.   

I think neopets should run the game, not votes or  who can complain the loudest on the chatboards.

20 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

A lot of the press tour blurbs were very negative about the players as well. Many of them said that the captain or player wouldn't play or be available on next years roster. One even alluded to a doping scandal. I don't remember the previous years blurbs so maybe this isn't all that scandalous. It still seems very... odd.

Yeah, that doping scandal one was for Terror Mountain; can't say I was too pleased to have "my" team accused of something like that. ? 

(Now if only they did something (effective) about the actual cheating that takes place every year...)

17 hours ago, Hanso said:

I agree with @jellysundae, new things aren't necessarily needed to keep an event interesting - at least, not for me. I think having events that are always the same - in addition to new and changing events, like plots and the CC - is actually a good thing. Kinda like a tradition. It can be nice to have something familiar to look forward to. ? (Plus, people tend not to handle changes to the things they've known for years too well. XD)

17 minutes ago, Nielo said:

(Plus, people tend not to handle changes to the things they've known for years too well. XD)

Understatement of the century. ?

Even my suggestion of increasing the choice of side games wouldn't be well-received by some.

7 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

SIGNUPS ARE LIVE!!!!!!! :dance:

Oh! Well . . . lol. Why create intrigue, for one day, and then just have business as usual. Very strange. >_<

You've become a Shenkuu supporter. Thanks for believing in us... we won't let you down! A team background is now in your inventory.

gif_frame_acshenkuu.gif

Welcome back! For your 3 years of dedicated play you have earned the prizes below:
bg_acv_colosseuminter.gif

Thank you, for (more of) these items! xD