Old Neopets User but account frozen

max_ram

I may have logged in too many times after I forgot what my password is. It's been a long time since I got my first neopet. I do believe it's about 10 to 12 years old if I'm not mistaken. 

Is there anyway of getting it back? I don't see a ticket system in  the help section. 

Well I know that really old accounts may have been removed. 

per neopets team 

We work very hard at making the Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds fun and enjoyable for everyone because we want you to stay active. However, if you choose to stop playing on the Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds, we reserve the right to permanently erase your account and everything associated with your account including items or privileges that may have been licensed through the payment of money to us or our licensing partners. Currently, our policy is to terminate any account that has not been active for eighteen months.

2 hours ago, phill said:

there was a security breach way back, and passwords were changed.  The help section is undergoing changes right now and the ticketing system isn't up and running.

It is up and running!

Send them an email to the address listed on the help page and you will be added in to their new ticketing system ?

Is that how they're running it now? I knew there was an email address for the meantime but I thought they would put it on a tab again or something.  Well, that's a bit rubbish. I'd have like to have seen something saying if my existing ticket was still valid or everything already submitted  has been scrapped.

23 minutes ago, phill said:

Is that how they're running it now? I knew there was an email address for the meantime but I thought they would put it on a tab again or something.  Well, that's a bit rubbish. I'd have like to have seen something saying if my existing ticket was still valid or everything already submitted  has been scrapped.

The announcement of the new ticket system included a bit about none of the old tickets being migrated to the new system:

Attention all! As of May 15th, we will be switching support systems. This means the tickets currently in our system will no longer be available to us.

So I'm guessing you'll have to re-send any previous issues. ?

Oops . I misread your post. I thought you said it had been 10-12 years since you had been on. My bad. Yea. listen to everyone else ? They know.   Hopefully it was as Phill mentioned just a changed PW. 

Oh so that's why I couldn't log in... I'll try emailing them back again. I'd really love to get my old account back and I'm planning on making a youtube vid for nostalgia. who knows it might attact new players

What is the turn around time in having your ticket seen?

turn around time? Slow to erratic to non-existent. My ticket was in well over a year and wasn't looked at, never mind resolved. And now I have to submit a new one and wait again.  Hopefully the new system will be better.

It depends on how much information you can give them to prove it's your account. It's faster if you can prove you bought NC at some point. usually it's a couple of weeks to months if you have enough information.

28 minutes ago, phill said:

huh, I gave them pretty much everything including my still active email account, but there was no such thing as NC when I last was able to get into it unfortunately ?

Same issue with me, my email was no longer active but it was the only one I could possibly have used so that's kind of a moot point I think. I'd have hoped that telling them in the section asking what was in my closet that the closet didn't exist when I last used that account would have been further verification.

But, as (like with yours) they never even opened my ticket it's ALL moot, isn't it, lol.

One day I might submit another one, once the new system's up and running, and depending on customer reviews, lol. But, if I did get my original account back I'm not sure if I'd go back to it as my main anyway. I really want my username back, but the thought of having to re-earn all the avatars, and how I'd not be able to get all of them either . . . yeah.

Very much  a moot point, they didn't open my ticket either. :/

I'd have mine as a side I think, despite the FC bets being quite considerable by now, I get where you are coming from witth the avatars and trophies and things I have on this account that I couldnt get back.

7 minutes ago, phill said:

Very much  a moot point, they didn't open my ticket either. ?

I'd have mine as a side I think, despite the FC bets being quite considerable by now, I get where you are coming from witth the avatars and trophies and things I have on this account that I couldnt get back.

Oh yeah I'd not even considered trophies, and when I said avatars I was thinking of event ones, but there's also no WAY I could put myself through earning the kad avatar again. ?

But yes, as a side account. Though I do have one of those now. If it was possible I'd transfer the Quiggle I have on that account into the 5th slot on my 1st account. But I don't suppose it is possible to move a pet when it's the only pet on the account, is it, that would create some kind of vacuum that would cause the site to implode.

11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

But I don't suppose it is possible to move a pet when it's the only pet on the account, is it, that would create some kind of vacuum that would cause the site to implode.

You can absolutely have an account without a pet! I played on my current account for years before finally caving and making one :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

You can absolutely have an account without a pet! I played on my current account for years before finally caving and making one :biggrin:

Really?! Oh wow, that's awesome! So I COULD do what I said, and just close my new side account? Or just leave it to fester . . . :ph34r:

5 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Wait, you played Neopets without having a pet? Lol. I had no idea that was even possible!

@max_ram It's hard to tell how long it'll take them to look at your ticket, since they just (this month) switched to a new ticketing system, and we haven't heard much about its effectiveness yet. (The old system was quite horrible, as you can probably tell by the stories of the people in this thread who never even had their ticket looked at, so one would hope that this new system will be an improvement.)

? sad...... and they haven't made their website compatible with phones. 

No reply so far.... Maybe I should email again. It's pretty much an old account. I estimate made in 2003 or so....

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button if you are the most recent reply.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.