Altador Cup: Sign Ups Opened!

hrtbrk

Well, we don't know how many points are going to be needed for the prizes yet, it does change. The 2017 stamp was 4500 points, that wasn't the top prize.  Achieving the official rank of  All Star DOES NOT mean you have enough points for the top prizes. Ranks beyond All Star are not officially recognised by neopets, but you are going to need to go beyond their official top rank to be sure of getting enough points for the top tier prizes.

SOSD is a pretty fast game. MSN takes a little longer and is hard on your hands, wrists and keyboards, lol. SLSL takes a couple of minutes. I don't play YYB but thats a matter of minutes rather than seconds, also.

From what I remember, you can usually get the stamp by reaching All Star (although like Phill said, the stamp is not the top prize). You can generally reach All Star rank by playing the maximum number of games of SoSd every day during the cup. There's a way to do it where you use tab and space to navigate the game menu so you don't waste time moving your hands from mouse to keyboard, and once you get into the rhythm you can play 400 games in about 20 minutes. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that different games are worth different amounts of points. SoSd and MSN are worth 1 point each, SlSl is worth (I think) 6 points, a YYB draw is worth (I think) 4 points, and a YYB win is worth 12 points. So YYB takes longer, BUT it gets you a lot more points. 

ALSO, in regards to how long the games take, every time you score a goal in YYB, the clock goes down by a few seconds (I think it's 8 seconds?). So the more goals you score per game, the faster the game will end! Some people don't like YYB so they will score, say, 3 goals and then just wait for the clock to run out, but it's actually faster (and helps your team more!) if you keep playing for as many goals as you can get. 

((As I keep saying in all my posts, lol, this is all based on previous years. We have no idea yet if anything will change this year. Just my little disclaimer.))

woahhh, what's with your counter, did you defect?!  :bigeyed::D

yes, the low point side games, it does sound like a lot of games, but you can rattle them off quite quickly really.  A lot of people have a separate window open and catch up on tv shows and things while they play, so it doesn't seeem so bad.

23 minutes ago, phill said:

woahhh, what's with your counter, did you defect?!  :bigeyed::D

No!!!! Never!!!!! I just messed up when I put it in my signature, and it takes a while for the forum to recognize any image changes, so I'm waiting for it to update :rolleyes:

On 5/31/2018 at 5:06 AM, Yuiina said:

Anyone knows until when we have to sign up? 
I'm having some doubts on which team I'll choose and I want to know until when I have to decide. 

Thank you :D 

According to today's "News" (31 May 2018), the AC "officially" begins on 4 June, 2018. Although it hasn't been said what date, AC sign-ups typically have an "end" date, like @Angeló mentioned. You may want to try and decide on/by the 4th, just to be sure. Hopefully, JS/TNT will post, soon, on what the actual "sign-up by" date will be.

EDIT: 1 June 2018 - Per today's Neopian Times Editorial, AC sign-ups end on the 6th of June.