Word on the Street

Munchies

I'm currently catching up on the Walking Dead, roughly two seasons behind now. In one of the Facebook groups I'm in someone shared this article:

http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/ 

which states that Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) will more than likely leaving after season 9. For those of you who still watch the Walking Dead what are your feelings about this? I'm not exactly sure how to feel, it'll be interesting to see where the show goes from there. There's endless content to use since the comic is still being published..

My Favorite Show!!!!!! I would be disappointed if Rick left. I don't want to say why or add to much since you are trying to catch up. I read that article (wish I hadn't). Looks like Maggie is going to leave as well. She's pregnant and  I was hoping for the birth of the baby this coming season. That migth happen and the baby may survive but it won't be the same with to small kids and both have no parents. I don't know, this is upsetting to me.

21 hours ago, Granny63020 said:

My Favorite Show!!!!!! I would be disappointed if Rick left. I don't want to say why or add to much since you are trying to catch up. I read that article (wish I hadn't). Looks like Maggie is going to leave as well. She's pregnant and  I was hoping for the birth of the baby this coming season. That migth happen and the baby may survive but it won't be the same with to small kids and both have no parents. I don't know, this is upsetting to me.

Even though I'm a couple of seasons behind, I know some of the bigger things that happen. It's definitely upsetting since Rick and Maggie are major characters; but kudos to them for wanting to broaden their horizons and to the writers for wanting to end a major character's story line. Not many want to do that, but it fits with the Walking Dead, no one is safe. Hopefully it won't be dragged out like some other character deaths, yet still be meaningful in a way (if that makes any sense). 

2 hours ago, Munchies said:

Even though I'm a couple of seasons behind, I know some of the bigger things that happen. It's definitely upsetting since Rick and Maggie are major characters; but kudos to them for wanting to broaden their horizons and to the writers for wanting to end a major character's story line. Not many want to do that, but it fits with the Walking Dead, no one is safe. Hopefully it won't be dragged out like some other character deaths, yet still be meaningful in a way (if that makes any sense). 

Although all you said is true I have been watching since season 1 episode 1. It's just upsetting to lose them. Of course, it is hard to lose any of them and I would hate to be the one to decide who stays and who goes. I won't even read the comics because I don't want to know anything. I am aware that they do not follow the comic to a T but they do somewhat follow it is my understanding. It is what it is and Rick has finally found someone that is his equal. Mischone can hold her own unlike all the other women Rick has been involved with. With Mischone losing Carl and now Rick (they had truly became as close to a family as they could) I'm not sure what state of mind this may leave her in. It would be sort of nice if they make Mischone pregnant with Ricks baby though. Still worried about Maggies baby. So, all that being said that article did say that Rick and Maggie were only going to be in 6 episodes this next season so it should be interesting to watch the next season of TWD.