Why is the Neopets Daily Puzzle not....daily?

gypsyknees

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm fairly new to tdn. It's not that I'm expecting anyone to really have the answer, but I've only recently noticed and found it strange that the daily puzzle on the Community Central page is the same for several days (I don't know how many) and you can answer it and claim the prize every day over and over. Seems very redundant... ?

Yup, it should be new every day but TNT has been busy with other stuff and forgets to update the daily puzzle a lot. So we get the same one every day until they suddenly decide to change it. Then, we might get that one for a couple or days (or they put a new one for another day or so).

1 hour ago, gypsyknees said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm fairly new to tdn. It's not that I'm expecting anyone to really have the answer, but I've only recently noticed and found it strange that the daily puzzle on the Community Central page is the same for several days (I don't know how many) and you can answer it and claim the prize every day over and over. Seems very redundant... ?

I DID NOT KNOW that you can answer it every day, even if it's the same question from the day before. I assumed you got to answer the question once, and had to wait until a new question showed up. Whatttttt good to know! 

There was a question about this answered in the editorial at some point, I think CountyQueen was editor at the time? Whoever it was said something about how it's just so boring to update the question every day . . . stellar inappropriate response, that! ?

There's a new question today, anyway, and we get a rare book with it!

image.png.6dad046e56714be248ca30d7fc07cfb1.png

So if this goes unchanged for a few days watch the value of that book plummet even further than usually happens to items that get used for the Daily Question prize! :lmaosmiley:

Ah, yes, @jellysundae, I remember it, like it was yesterday...

Hey there. *rolls wheel towards you* Is something up with the Daily Question in the community hub? It's been showing the same question for a week or two now. At first some people thought it might've been a joke based on the word monotony, but it's been a long time now. ~ Katie_kitkabug
We found it too monotonous to keep updating for a while, but its back in full glory now!

ref: Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 698, 11th day of Gathering, Y17 - http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=698

Mind you, that was 11 September, 2015. I think I got 6 Nimmo Topiaries, out of that one.

https://items.jellyneo.net/item/24673/

So, it's been happening since 2015...

Hmmm, as part of the midnight team who is responsible for updating the question along with the crossword puzzle, I can tell you, not only does the question go on for days and days and days at times, but sometimes, when they FINALLY do get around to changing it, especially after it has gone on for days and days,  the change only lasts for maybe 1/2 the day and they change it AGAIN!  Now that makes it VERY difficult to keep up with.  Some of us don't LIVE on neopets, we have other lives too.  So when I post the CWP and the daily question in the morning, especially when it has changed, I do my dailies, and I may not check back.  I guess when the question does change, THAT'S the time I NEED to check back, because that's when it's most likely to change again. LOL

Edit: So I just checked, and the question has been changed again!  Seriously??!!!! It was finally changed this morning and hasn't even stayed for the entire day! Ridiculous!!!

I guess the GOOD thing about the Eliv Thade question being up for only 1/2 the day, the book will retain it's value.  So @jellysundae, there you go.  LOL.  People won't have 20 of them like the Judora pies.  :biggrin:  The problem is people complaining that TDN is "behind" on updating the question.  I wouldn't really call it behind so much as JS "Jump starting" the next day. (I made a funny).