AC Counter Troubles Dx

kayahtik

Hello forum friends~ I'm trying to replace my DD counter with an AC one, but I'm having troubles. 

I went to the counters page, chose my counter (Style 4 - Medium, Darigan Citadel), clicked "update counter", and copied the Forums BBCode. However, when I went to my settings and pasted it into my signature, I get this error message: 

Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines. 
Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions for https://www.tdnforums.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://www.thedailyneopets.com/acup10/.png&key=1230fe15727f40146b1a298a5367e0050145fda2846651f462d4d9cca88dc556, please try another image.

I had a similar issue with my DD counter, but eventually somehow (???) I got it to work. But I haven't been able to figure it out this time. I even tried different counters and teams, but still no progress. Any thoughts?

I think using all of the code provided is no longer necessary. If you just use the image link itself, it should show up. I got it to work just fine. (So just this part: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/acup10/40190.png

However, that error message you got seems to suggest your siggy might be too big. Maybe using multiple counters at the same time takes up too much space?

I tried using just the image link, but it goes in as text rather than changing to the image. And when I add the img tags back in, I'm back to the error message. 

I was able to have my avatar counter + DD counter together, so I don't see why I couldn't have my avatar counter + AC counter /: 

It's working now...not sure what changed, but I'm not going to complain! :x Thanks for your suggestions, @Nielo!

I think there are at least some issues with the signatures though; I notice yours is currently showing up as an Altador counter, not a DC one, and I had the same issue when I was trying out counters to see if I could reproduce the error message you got. It also took me a while to clear my signature again; at some point I'd added like 4 counters, but when I removed all of them at the same time and clicked 'save', all but one would show up again, so I had to do that 4 times. No, 5 actually. Once another one came back.

Mine currently says Altador because I forgot to set the team back when I tried it again *facepalm* So because of the 24-hour cache thing that happens on the forums now, I'll have to wait until tomorrow for it to update to Team DC. Oh well, at least SOMETHING is there! And the cup hasn't actually started yet, so no biggie. 

That's weird that yours kept coming back! I didn't have that problem, at least. When I deleted something, it stayed gone. In my experience, BBCode tends to be finicky though, so it's probably just a wonky forum thing.

47 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Mine currently says Altador because I forgot to set the team back when I tried it again *facepalm* So because of the 24-hour cache thing that happens on the forums now, I'll have to wait until tomorrow for it to update to Team DC. Oh well, at least SOMETHING is there! And the cup hasn't actually started yet, so no biggie. 

That's weird that yours kept coming back! I didn't have that problem, at least. When I deleted something, it stayed gone. In my experience, BBCode tends to be finicky though, so it's probably just a wonky forum thing.

Ah, that explains it. (And I didn't know about the 24-hour cache thing, so thanks, that's good to know!)

Maybe it was a mixture of caching, BBCode and just... computers. ?

Since the "forums" upgrade, the BBCode doesn't seem to work the same, as before, anymore. I end up right-mouse clicking on the image I'm wanting (AC counter, DD counter, GMC counter, Avatar counter), selecting "Copy Image Location" (for a Windows PC, not sure for a Mac, though), and then pasting that into my forums signature. For the AC, DD, and GMC counters, select the "Counter Style", and "Team" (for AC counter), and then copy the image where it displays under "Your Counter Code". For avatar counters, all of the images and code are displayed on that page, so just copy the image location of the counter you are wanting to use. When you paste the image location into your signature, it may take a few seconds for it to display. If not, just click "Save", to save your "new" signature changes. Your counter(s) will eventually show, usually within 24 hours.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Scoobert_Doo said:

If not, just click "Save", to save your "new" signature changes. Your counter(s) will eventually show, usually within 24 hours.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Thanks for that tip! I couldn't get the DD counter to work no matter what I did.  But I was able to get this one EASILY.  Yay for me.  Lol