AC XIII Terror Mountain Support Thread - Chill With Us!

It's that time of year, again, TIME FOR AC XIII! If the hot summer temperatures are going to get you down, why not join Terror Mountain and "chill out" with us? Whether you are a seasoned AC'er, or this is your first time playing, we are here to support you, whatever your AC goals might be. Doesn't matter if you are going All-Star, or for even the lowest trophy you can get. We are here, for you, as long as the journey lasts. I guess you can think of us as the "Planet Fitness" of the AC - no judgement, here. We are a fairly small group on TDN, so I don't have my else to offer, except this - we are the ONLY AC Support Thread that offers a motivational song. Please enjoy:

I am excited for yet another year of supporting TM.  I accidentally made all-star last year, but I make no promises this year.  I will do my best. Yes, I know, you ask, how do you ACCIDENTALLY make AS?  LOL.  Honestly it was an accident.  My first year I made it to level 13.  My second year, my goal was to exceed that, but if not, at LEAST replicate that.  Which I did.  My third year, I had to beat level 13.  No replicating, the only acceptable thing was to beat it.  After I beat level 13, my goal was to obtain a gold trophy, which is level 17.  Once I reached level 17 there was still time left.  I knew I didn't have time to make AS but my goal was to get to level 19 and I would go for AS the next year.  I reached level 19 and I still had an ENTIRE DAY to reach AS.  But could I do it in 1 day?  I didn't think it was possible, but I was going to give it my best shot.  It meant I would pretty much have to max out on every game.  I always maxed out on SOSD.  That is the easiest (most tedious- but easiest) game to max out on.  By the end of the day I had done it!  I reached AS!!!  Should I go for more?!!!  HECK NO!!!!!  LOL.  I was done!  I did it!!!  I was proud of myself.  And if I do it again this year, that will be it too.  This people who get double and triple AS, bless them.  That isn't for me.  See the thing is, @Scoobert_Doo and I usually team up together whenever possible.  We support each other, but also push each other to do better.  It works for us. Finding someone to help push you to do better may help you to achieve the goals you set for yourself.  It works for us.

Good luck team TM.  Every little bit helps.  Whether you get a participation medal, an AS trophy, or anything in between, it is a BIG help to our team.  So let's work together and push that big snowball up the hill until we reach the top of Terror Mountain! 

I made All-Star once, but that was when I was unemployed. Now that I have a full-time job, I just can't work up the energy to play that many games once I get back home at night. I do try to always get at least a silver trophy though, so I'll definitely try my hardest for TM again. ?

Opening Day! How is everyone doing?! Started out a bit rusty, but getting back into the swing of things quickly. Looks like this year, there is an avatar for reaching Rank 1, so, hopefully, everyone can try for at least that. But, no worries, if you don't. To keep you going, here is today's song:

EDIT: 5 June 2018 - Day 2 of AC XIII. How is everyone doing? Making goals? Just found out some slightly disappointing news about the AC avatars. They are temporary. Only for the duration of the AC and will be gone after the AC is over. Bummer. I like the Terror Mountain avatar. Would've been nice to "keep". Anyhow, it was a long night for YYB. Hope to see you tomorrow! Keep at it!

Aww, well at least we get the avatars for the remainder of the cup i guess.

I got to rank 5 tonight, I'm a little rusty as well but getting the hang of Yoouyball again.

That yellow Chomby in Tyrannia though keeps stealing the ball! :laugh: 

Way to go TM!!!  We won all of our games yesterday against Kreludor!  Hopefully we can do it again today.  We are definitely rockin' it:rock:.  I played my heart out.  My goal is to be 2x the rank for whatever day we are on.  So, I made it to rank 8 yesterday, our 4th day.  I figure, if I can maintain that pace for a little bit, I can make AS fairly easy.  So, Rank 10, here I come.  My trick, I max out on SoSD every day, and play quite a bit of yooyu ball.  So I am counting the rest of you guys for keyboard masher and slushie slinger.  LOL.  I do play slushie slinger, but not a lot, and I don't really play keyboard masher. 

I'm surprised, too! TM seems to be doing well, so far, this AC! Awesome job @rntracy1, @TokaValencia, and @Nielo! And to any TM "lurkers" out there!

I've been playing a lot of Yooyuball. If you've been, too, I'm hoping, first, you'll understand the joke, this song will make you laugh, and it will keep you motivated to keep playing/pressing on:

*music playing* I like playing Yooyuball usually, but occasionally, I want some SOSD ee!

I've been getting a ridiculous amount of Darigan Yooyuball's recently. So many games had to be restarted because i get 2 of them in a game and score nothing. It's the best when the other team accidentally throws it in!:happydance:

6 hours ago, TokaValencia said:

I've been getting a ridiculous amount of Darigan Yooyuball's recently. So many games had to be restarted because i get 2 of them in a game and score nothing. It's the best when the other team accidentally throws it in!:happydance:

Been happening to me, too. I've "survived" games where I had three of them. I've seemed to find a way to score, but it does take longer.

How is everybody? It's been a long night but i finally reached rank 13. I also have been getting less darigan balls then before which i'm really happy about. Terror Mountain seems to be doing really great too! We're on a roll!!! :biggrin:

I was just going to ask the same thing.  I have reached my goal of 2 ranks per day, whew!  Been working REALLY hard.  Reached rank 16 last night. Working toward rank 18 today.  I think I will definitely reach my goal of making AS this year.  Woohoo!

Can't get my counter to update though:unsure:.  Have to work on that.  That's why I put my rank shield up there instead.  I have to update that too.  LOL

I have been getting a LOT of the Darigan Yooyus too.  I swear they've changed the coding this year.  Some of the games are ridiculously hard.  Every other Yooyu is a snow yooyu.  I have noticed more power ups though.  Yes, I have been working quite hard.  I wanted to hit rank 18 last night but only made it to 17:unsure:.  That's ok, I will still make it beyond AS, I just had my goal set and didn't reach it, so I was a little disappointed in myself.  But, that's ok. 

For the Darigan yooyus, it helps me to run parallel with the net and toss the yooyu at the net as you run by.  If it doesn't go it, try running by the other way.  If find that shooting it straight at the net rarely works.  Hope that helps a little.

When I am trying to get the ball, my guy grabs it, then skids.  WHAT IS THAT!!?  LOL.  Because he does that, I end up having to run back by a defender and they steal the ball from me.  If I didn't skid by them in the first place, I would have been fine.  It's not like I was hurling down the field and had to skid to a stop.  It's just something to help them steal the ball from me.  I am convinced of it.  LOL

I think we need one of those big bully skeiths on our team too.  Two teams in a row now.  LOL

7 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I think we need one of those big bully skeiths on our team too.  Two teams in a row now.  LOL

Yes! Lets trade our Bori Rinok who always seems to be to slow to make a goal or steal the ball -_- Both the Maraqua and Brightvale Skeith's blocked the goal and loomed over the field every game.

And that Nimmo on Brightvale has stolen the ball more then once today! Every time i rush to get the ball that Nimmo is right behind me!

Look at those eyes ?

thatdarnnimmo.jpg

gold_bluegem.pngWhoo Hoo!  I did it!!!! Made AS.  It's all down hill from here baby.  I will work TOWARD double AS, but no promises guys.  I have worked my bum off for this rank.  I did it                         so the rest of my time could be easier.  I am so happy.  I can relax now.  Now I am playing for shop points. Pretty sad that when you make AS you still can't even get the                         most expensive items in the shop.  I was shocked. 

Rank
All-Star

@TokaValencia, you seem to be doing well. Well, well on your way to All-Star. That is awesome! @Nielo, you are doing awesome, too! Rank 10 is really good.@rntracy1, WOW! Just wow! All-Star already! *I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy* Great you reached your AC XIII goal! So, this song is for you:

Everyone, keep going! Don't stop! Terror Mountain is looking good. We might have a chance to win this! And, we are all All-Stars, no matter what rank!

EDIT: Time to change your siggy, @rntracy1! LOL

@rntracy1 ?Hey now you're an All Star? ?

Congrats!!! That's crazy cool. :biggrin: You set your mind to your goals and reached them! :rock: I'm glad everyone is doing good!!

I'm working extra hard, especially since we're up against Meridell today.

My goal is to try and max out everything (I'm not sure about Slushie Slinger though. That game really fries my brain after awhile lol.)

Ha ha ha! Yeah I know, I will change it.  I have grown to like my AS shield from last year though.  But, now I have earned my new one.  

Yes, you are right, we are ALL all stars!  We are doing FABULOUS.  I am still plugging away, especially tonight, with playing Meridell and all.  I played hard the night we played Maraqua too. I can't believe we lost SoSD to Brightvale!  Seriously!!! I maxed it out!  I maxed it out today too!  I will max out YYB too.  I only ask that you guys carry me for keyboard masher.  I can't do it guys.  I can't play that game.  lol.  You guys gotta carry that game for me.  You obviously have been doing a great job because our team has been doing so well.  This match, tonight against Meridell will tell if we have a shot at winning the cup.  I will be happy If we come in 2nd or 3rd too.  I will continue to do my part, that's all we can all do.  WE ARE ALL DOING GREAT!  I am so proud of us all!  

@Scoobert_Doo, I guess I know which team we will be on from now on.  I am proud to be on team TM.  WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!?

@TokaValencia, Thanks! Yes, I set my goals and try very hard to reach them.  I did NOT plan AT ALL to reach AS this quickly though. I never thought it was possible. My goal was two ranks per day though, and I was able to do that.  So, yay!  As far as Slushie Slinger, I am playing that game now.  So, I will carry you for that game and you carry me for MSoN.  (keyboard masher).  How's that?  lol.  I hate that game.

Meridell Cheats!  lol.  I feel like it's MY FAULT we didn't win yesterday☹️. I KNOW that's not true, I worked very hard, but the reason I say that is because I wanted to play more YYB than I did.  I wanted to max out on it and I just didn't have the energy to do it.  I maxed out SoSD and played a ton of slushie slinger.    Those are the ones we won so that's good, I guess we all played well.  If we won YYB it would have made the difference for our team and I should have concentrated on it.  I feel like I let everyone down.  Maybe it's because I let myself down.  Like I said, I will be thrilled with 2nd, even 3rd place, so I really shouldn't let it get to me.  On to the next.  Woohoo.

@Nielo, Thanks.

We put up a great fight yesterday!! :medieval: Terror Mountain did not back down! 

@rntracy1 Definitely don't blame yourself. You're putting in a lot of work to this team and then some. The scores were really close, and we got 8's for the first time! 

It's not over, yet. I think we still have a chance at 1st. And, @rntracy1, if anyone, it would be my fault, from yesterday. I've been mainly playing YYB and capping at 46 games. After that, I'm usually too burned out to play anything else. Monday thru Friday is harder for me, as I work a regular job. Capping YYB takes a few hours. So, blame me. I can take it!

2 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

It's not over, yet. I think we still have a chance at 1st. And, @rntracy1, if anyone, it would be my fault, from yesterday. I've been mainly playing YYB and capping at 46 games. After that, I'm usually too burned out to play anything else. Monday thru Friday is harder for me, as I work a regular job. Capping YYB takes a few hours. So, blame me. I can take it!

I work full time M-F too.  lol.  Yep I do.  8-4 M-F.  That's why I responded about being upset about them having the BYE every Sunday.  That's not right.  I forget who said that people work on Sundays and cannot play, so it's good for them to have a BYE on Sundays.  I responded by saying, "If they work on Sunday, That means they have a weekday off to play when I am working and CAN'T play.  So by that theory, they STILL play more than I do.  If they switch the BYE days, it gives people who work during the week a chance to play on the weekend and people who work on the weekends a chance to play during the week. But it isn't fair to have BYE days EVERY Sunday."

@Scoobert_Doo, if you maxed out YYB then you made up for the games I didn't play.  I played about 30-35 games of YYB, but I wanted to max out. I didn't realize we could STILL win 1st. I will make sure I continue to play my best.  @TokaValencia, I didn't even realize we got 8's.  That's AWESOME! I guess we did do awesome! I don't know what's up with Meridell.  They either have the ASG or the ACG.