New Avatar: Stamp Collector - Neopia Central

hrtbrk

Yeah, it's ugly. Also, according to JN, "This page has 2 stamps that were released exclusively as Lenny Conundrum prizes over a decade ago... so just forget about this one." 

10 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Yeah, it's ugly. Also, according to JN, "This page has 2 stamps that were released exclusively as Lenny Conundrum prizes over a decade ago... so just forget about this one." 

Yup, basically why I said good luck because it's going to be nearly impossible to get unless JS does something drastic to the stamp economy.

As I stated in a topic I made a while ago, the pages that give avatars are always, the ones with stamps you can't get anymore. With the Lenny's Conundrum that means best case scenario, 250 people can get the avatar. They really need to unretire stamps, or make them prizes for dailies. Or they could make a shop with high prices like the hidden tower, but instead it specializes in retired items with a rotating stock.

7 hours ago, MinaxUmbra said:

Or they could make a shop with high prices like the hidden tower, but instead it specializes in retired items with a rotating stock.

Something along these lines is definitely needed, isn't it. Some hard, but not impossible, way to obtain retired stamps. Some dodgy character selling them off the back of a wagon that pops up in random areas around Neopia . . . that would give people something to do with tracking the appearances and developing theories etc.

Who knows, maybe the release of this avatar, the close to zero chance of ANYONE being able to get it, the advent of hardtotame, the hopeful reversal of the devolution of the editorial . . . can all these things combine and start the ball rolling? Miracles CAN happen . . .

I have a few stamp avvies, but this one? Never gonna happen. Sigh. Honestly, given how hard it is to complete a stamp page, any that are full should get you an avvie. Love the ideas here for re-releasing the impossible ones. Don't want them easy-peasy or cheap, but as it is, they're quite literally impossible to get, and where's the fun in that?

I've spent a looooong time discussing ideas like this with my friends. imo, the best option would be to do something like what @MinaxUmbra said and put them in the HT for a really high price, something like 200-250m. They would still be a big challenge to get, but having them always available would mean that obnoxious players couldn't buy up a limited re-release and artificially inflate the price, like they often do with rare items. 

3 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I've spent a looooong time discussing ideas like this with my friends. imo, the best option would be to do something like what @MinaxUmbra said and put them in the HT for a really high price, something like 200-250m. They would still be a big challenge to get, but having them always available would mean that obnoxious players couldn't buy up a limited re-release and artificially inflate the price, like they often do with rare items. 

Ah yes, I'd not considered that aspect of things. How naive of me!!