Altador Cup XIII Begins!

hrtbrk

You could just buy it, they aren't usually that expensive.  The AC isn't really a good way to earn nps when you take into consideration the time expenditure. There are some people out there right now making a killing in the empty(ish) neopian shops while the rest of us are slogging through MSN.

12 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Well rats.  That's not going to be a fun way to spend time.  Do I really want that stamp?  >_> 

Also, the past few years, the stamp wasn't nearly the most expensive prize. I was able to get it, despite not making All-Star.

I'll try to get to Rank 1 for the new avatar, but that's it. One win so far, wohoo! :P 

I really suck at yooyuball. Back in 2010 I could easily score 12-13 points per game, but now I can hardly get past 8 and the other team usually scores 2-3 times. Not that I care as long as I win the match :P

8 minutes ago, Hanso said:

I'll try to get to Rank 1 for the new avatar, but that's it. One win so far, wohoo! :P 

I really suck at yooyuball. Back in 2010 I could easily score 12-13 points per game, but now I can hardly get past 8 and the other team usually scores 2-3 times. Not that I care as long as I win the match :P

So they did make it more difficult! Okay, I was thinking the same thing. It was like avg 12+ goals. Now its like 7-3. 

Just now, Kute said:

So they did make it more difficult! Okay, I was thinking the same thing. It was like avg 12+ goals. Now its like 7-3. 

I don't know if that's true or not. In my case, it's gotten harder simply because I just don't play as much as I used to, so I'm kinda rusty. But who knows, maybe they did make it more difficult.

Oh, hey, I'm a dork, AbsoluteCorruption DOES have up to quad all star. . . which brings up the point, how in the world do people get that, and how do some people have over 3K in points already o_0  Like, if you were only doing yooyuball, it'd be 50 hours of playtime, and I can't imagine the other games would be much better?

Nah, YYB's definitely not getting more difficult. I've just played a single game (all my brain could tolerate, lol) and scored 11-0 which is my normal level. If I'd managed more games I'd no doubt have done some struggling too but that one was all I was up for today.

I wonder if the formation people choose has that much of an impact. It certain does with me - I play from left to right and with the 3-1 formation - I'm terrible if I try either of the other 2. >:[

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Nah, YYB's definitely not getting more difficult. I've just played a single game (all my brain could tolerate, lol) and scored 11-0 which is my normal level. If I'd managed more games I'd no doubt have done some struggling too but that one was all I was up for today.

I wonder if the formation people choose has that much of an impact. It certain does with me - I play from left to right and with the 3-1 formation - I'm terrible if I try either of the other 2. >:[

I always play left to right but I dont believe that formation makes a difference for me. I do like 3-1 though. Especially when the other team has two forward. I find its easier for me if I make rapid movements while running toward the goal, they dont steal as much. 

1 hour ago, Kute said:

I always play left to right but I dont believe that formation makes a difference for me. I do like 3-1 though. Especially when the other team has two forward. I find its easier for me if I make rapid movements while running toward the goal, they dont steal as much. 

My M.O. is always the same. Head down and run, lol. I drop down a bit to attempt to avoid whatever forward's there trying to grab the yooyu, and if I get round them with it still in my hands then I'm in line for the bottom corner of the goal.

Though it has to be said, and I know I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but I'm absolutely STELLAR at repeatedly bouncing it off the goal post. Don't go getting jealous of my skillz now. ?

On 6/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, Kute said:

Thank you so much for this. I played like 10 games over 46 -______- and i didnt know that. Ugh. 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:30 AM, Nielo said:

Actually, there is a limit to how many games you can play each day:

46 games of YYB
86 games of SLSL
401 games of SOSD
401 games of MaSN

Playing more games than this won't count towards your rank at all. Check out this thread by @fishstick013, it also includes the minimum scores you need to get for the games to count, and the links to low resolution versions of the games.

(Also, just as a reminder, the highest offical rank (All-Star) usually isn't enough to get all the best prizes. You'd need to make All-Star 3 times over to get those.)

*Edit: Not sure if anyone posted about this on TDN yet, but be sure to visit the AC Home page after reaching Rank 1: there's an avatar to be found this year (it'll be different for each team, obviously):

Something Has Happened!
altador2018terrormountainavatar.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Altador 2018 - Terror Mountain avatar' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I was just going to say that xD.

I look at every score to watch it go up lol.

I started playing yesterday, and god it's exhausting. I felt like I played the shootout game foreeever but still only got to 100 games, so 1/4 of the daily max. I don't think I'll be aiming for the stars this time :D

4 hours ago, neo_girl_300993 said:

I started playing yesterday, and god it's exhausting. I felt like I played the shootout game foreeever but still only got to 100 games, so 1/4 of the daily max. I don't think I'll be aiming for the stars this time :D

It is. Im soooo over it. I dont want to play anymore lol!   Just to get the daily cap for yooyu you have to play for 2 hrs minimum -______-. 

On 6/5/2018 at 8:35 PM, rntracy1 said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that when you get the larger net power up, it seems like more times than not, the other team gets the yooyu and scores? I am not getting that dang power up anymore, lol.  When I do, my team runs around like morons and nobody will grab the ball, they always get it snatched away, they always skid past where I want them to stop, and it is mostly when the large net is open.  It has to programmed to make it more difficult for us when the net is opened up.  LOL.  IDK, maybe I am just more conscious of it at that time.

that ... plus the Fire Yooyu .. whenever he is on the field i get too excited and i start shooting randomly until it gets snatched and scored against me :D

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, Hanso said:

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Kute said:

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, phill said:

Ive seen quite a few people say it seems harder so it could be

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, jellysundae said:

Since I quoted like 90 posts here (LOL) I am answering the first 4 here.  I feel they DID make it a bit harder as far as the OTHER teams being able to score more and steal the ball more.  As far as the number of goals I can score, eh, pretty much the same, maybe a little less.  But, I could usually have MOST games, but at least SOME games that were a shut out.  Now, forget it.  The other team is ALWAYS scoring at LEAST one goal, if not more, against me!  They have NEVER been able to score more than 1 against me before.  But this year, WOW!

I was playing with the 1-3 formation but have started playing with the 3-1 formation.  I think I am going to go back to 1-3 as that could be the reason they are able to score against me so often.  I only have one person in the back field protecting my goalie, who is a total dunce.  I can't figure out how to get that dufus to move.  Lol.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Kute said:

Wow!  You and @jellysundae both play left to right.  Huh!  I play right to left.  I don't know if I could play the other way.  I may try a game and see how that goes.  Probably like trying to write with my left hand.  LOL

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, jellysundae said:

My M.O. is always the same. Head down and run, lol. I drop down a bit to attempt to avoid whatever forward's there trying to grab the yooyu, and if I get round them with it still in my hands then I'm in line for the bottom corner of the goal.

Though it has to be said, and I know I'm blowing my own trumpet here, but I'm absolutely STELLAR at repeatedly bouncing it off the goal post. Don't go getting jealous of my skillz now. ?

Oh, I am good at that too.  I can bounce the ball off of the goal post like nobody's business.  LOL. 

I was going to ask everyone, since we are talking about it being harder (or not harder) than years past, does anyone notice how the other team players seem to magically teleport to steal the ball from you?  Like, you try to catch them, and you can't catch up to them, but they are way behind you, then they disappear for a split second and reappear right on top of you and snatch the ball away.  Second, they can grab your ball but you can only SOMETIMES grab it from them.  You get on them and click, but it's like you are "locked out" of grabbing the ball from them. What IS that?  LOL.  Finally, how many of you have noticed, and I have noticed it A LOT, so if you haven't, pay close attention, when you are shooting a goal, and say you are aiming for the corner, your ball curves right into their goalies hands.  Yep, I swear.  I have watched it actually arc right into them.  LOL.  It is quite annoying.

Maybe I play left to right because I actually am left handed LOL!!!! 

Yes! I have noticed that they seem to be really fast to get to where you are to steal the ball!!! And ive also noticed the first like 6-7 rounds are easy. but if youre at like 7-0 then it gets dramatically harder and suddenly all the players know what theyre doing? HA! I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!!! Freakin cheater robot team. >_>

Yes, that could be it.  Because I think trying to play that way would be awkward.  But I am still going to give a shot.  Why not?  LOL.  You are totally right though, it is much easier in the beginning, then bam, they become pros.  LOL  That is EXACTLY what I was getting at without actually saying that they are cheating, ROTFL. 

Talking of the opponents being able to do stuff that you can't. They seem to be able to shoot from riiggght down the pitch, and score. From a distance that there's no way I'd stand a cat in hell's chance of it actually reaching the goal from. <_<

3 hours ago, Kute said:

Maybe I play left to right because I actually am left handed LOL!!!! 

im left handed and i play from here ---> here .. in Radiology this is the R and this is the L (it's flipped) ... idk what sides you guys mean cuz Radiology messed with my mind 

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

im left handed and i play from here ---> here .. in Radiology this is the R and this is the L (it's flipped) ... idk what sides you guys mean cuz Radiology messed with my mind 

I start from my left-hand side rather than yours. This is what you mean? Your flipping because xrays etc. are of a person facing you. Am I making sense? I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't think I'm succeeding. ?

18 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I start from my left-hand side rather than yours. This is what you mean? Your flipping because xrays etc. are of a person facing you. Am I making sense? I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't think I'm succeeding. ?

Right image.jpeg.44eb289336e2d22a0211d951d06e397a.jpegLeft 

yes he is flipped because he is facing the film / me 

yes .. this is how i think of the sides now .. not just in XRays but everywhere !! so in YYB i'm going from R --> L according to my brain 

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

Right image.jpeg.44eb289336e2d22a0211d951d06e397a.jpegLeft 

yes he is flipped because he is facing the film / me 

yes .. this is how i think of the sides now .. not just in XRays but everywhere !! so in YYB i'm going from R --> L according to my brain 

Cool, I'm glad that was what you meant, meaning yay I understood you, and also yay you understood me xDDD It's how I think of sides too because of working on an avatar forum, and I'm sure to this day users on there still get the right and left hand of the avatar mixed up because I purposefully named the item layers for the avatar's right and left hands, not the user's. I get confused and annoyed with customising my neopet because their right hand items are quite clearly for the pet's left hand. <_<

17 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I purposefully named the item layers for the avatar's right and left hands, not the user's

I wish they did this on DTI!!! I think of the items, namely handhelds, from the pet's perspective, but the search function has them based on the player's perspective. I suppose it's probably because of the way TNT coded the items, so not necessarily DTI's fault, but it throws me off every time. 

Anyway... -twiddles thumbs- What's everyone doing on this practice day?