Altador Cup XIII Begins!

hrtbrk

Maybe I'm not looking at the right place, but do they have details on how many times you can play each game and when the Staff Dream Team is going to be up?

I already got my first 4 wins. Im with the haunted woods, what team did you choose?

First time participating, I will just see how it goes

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

why did it start on a  Monday rather than a Saturday ?

i just got back from work and im exhausted .. Mondays and Tuesdays are my worst days

im finding myself hating YYB esp against Mystery Island and their 2+2 formation , they can grab that ball real quick

idk how i managed Rank 18 last year

5 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

Maybe I'm not looking at the right place, but do they have details on how many times you can play each game and when the Staff Dream Team is going to be up?

You can play as many games as you want per day, though you stop earning np after 3.  You move up the ranks by playing more games and at the end of the cup, you get points to spend in the prize shop based on your rank.  So, limiting the number of games you can play would mean everybody would stay at rank 2 or something.

Ohhh, I got it.  I think.  So basically I just need to figure out how many points it'll take to get the highest rank, play my three a day, and add in extra time to play for rank points?  I can do that!

Edit:  Omg, I'm DYING!  I adore the bit when they cut to the grarl and ixi in the box, and they're both cheering!  It's adorbs!

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

Omg, I'm DYING!  I adore the bit when they cut to the grarl and ixi in the box, and they're both cheering!  It's adorbs!

Yeah that's super-cute, isn't it. :D

I also like where they show the Yooyu's in the pen waiting and the robot one's doing The Robot dance. xD

I'm with Lost Desert as usual, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to take part this year. I didn't last year. I'm still exhausted from the last time I played.. Whenever that was, lol!

Good luck everyone! 

9 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

If you look on the Staff Tournament page, it begins June 8th :smile:

Maybe one of these years I'll stop being lazy and get more than Rank 1, but it just seems like waaaaaaay too much work to get even close to All-Star 

MY AC contribution so far . . .

Shenkuu
wood_engrave.png
Rank
Beginner

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 0
  Goals by Mirsha Grelinek 0
  Goals by Timu 0
  Goals by Antola Maeir 0
  Goals by Larcy Phu 0
  Saves by Xana DiLanche 0
Number of Wins 0
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Make Some Noise
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Shootout Showdown
Games Played 198
Top Score 1,200

Yup, a whole LOAD of zeros from me, and that's how it's likely to stay. :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

Ohhh, I got it.  I think.  So basically I just need to figure out how many points it'll take to get the highest rank, play my three a day, and add in extra time to play for rank points?  I can do that!

Actually, there is a limit to how many games you can play each day:

46 games of YYB
86 games of SLSL
401 games of SOSD
401 games of MaSN

Playing more games than this won't count towards your rank at all. Check out this thread by @fishstick013, it also includes the minimum scores you need to get for the games to count, and the links to low resolution versions of the games.

(Also, just as a reminder, the highest offical rank (All-Star) usually isn't enough to get all the best prizes. You'd need to make All-Star 3 times over to get those.)

*Edit: Not sure if anyone posted about this on TDN yet, but be sure to visit the AC Home page after reaching Rank 1: there's an avatar to be found this year (it'll be different for each team, obviously):

Something Has Happened!
altador2018terrormountainavatar.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Altador 2018 - Terror Mountain avatar' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Shenkuu
wood_engrave.png
Rank
Beginner

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 0
  Goals by Timu 0
  Goals by Antola Maeir 0
  Goals by Larcy Phu 0
  Saves by Xana DiLanche 0
Number of Wins 0
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Make Some Noise
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Shootout Showdown
Games Played 198
Top Score 1,200

u're doing great ... just keep digging at it :)

don't worry i got you covered .. i'm playing my heart out 

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Shenkuu
wood_engrave.png
Rank
Beginner

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 0
  Goals by Timu 0
  Goals by Antola Maeir 0
  Goals by Larcy Phu 0
  Saves by Xana DiLanche 0
Number of Wins 0
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0
Slushie Slinger
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Make Some Noise
Games Played 0
Top Score 0
Shootout Showdown
Games Played 198
Top Score 1,200

lol You've already played so many games of Shootout Showdown, wow!

My contributions to Maraqua so far are just 2 games of Yooyuball... it's been busy today IRL. LOL But I'm starting out strong, with scores of 13-1 and 15-0 for those first two games. Man I wish we got some prize points for scores. I think it would inspire and incentivize people to get better instead of some who simply go for a couple of points so their game counts.

I'm grateful for the low-quality links to the games, because I was getting a bit of lag when I played my first game of YYB, hence how they got the yooyu at all. lol

REMINDER! Do NOT open multiple tabs to play AC games and submit scores! It could keep you from advancing in rank. This happened with last year's AC and could possibly happen this year, too. Only open one tab and play AC games. If you are playing Yooyuball and wish to change to Make Some Noise (MSN), click on the MSN game link, below the Yooyuball game or vice versa. Keep it to one tab. Here is a Neopian Times Editorial from last year:

If flagged users are unable to advance to the next rank while playing in the Altador Cup, how are users who've already achieved all-star rank supposed to know whether they've been flagged if they are no longer advancing in rank anyway?

I'm glad this question came up because there have been many worries about something like this. So, there is a message that will show up if you have been flagged that looks like this: Your account is marked for suspicious activity and will not be able to actively rank up. If you feel that you've been wrongly affected by this, you are welcome to write into our team for further clarification. Thank you!
Also, there has been some modifications to the standings page which will make the day-to-day changes much more clear!

ref: Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 785, 9th day of Relaxing, Y19 - http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=785

You can use a separate tab to do other stuff on Neopets. Good luck all, with AC XIII!

6 hours ago, Nielo said:

Actually, there is a limit to how many games you can play each day:

46 games of YYB
86 games of SLSL
401 games of SOSD
401 games of MaSN

Playing more games than this won't count towards your rank at all. Check out this thread by @fishstick013, it also includes the minimum scores you need to get for the games to count, and the links to low resolution versions of the games.

(Also, just as a reminder, the highest offical rank (All-Star) usually isn't enough to get all the best prizes. You'd need to make All-Star 3 times over to get those.)

*Edit: Not sure if anyone posted about this on TDN yet, but be sure to visit the AC Home page after reaching Rank 1: there's an avatar to be found this year (it'll be different for each team, obviously):

Something Has Happened!
altador2018terrormountainavatar.gif

You are now eligible to use 'Altador 2018 - Terror Mountain avatar' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Thank you so much for this. I played like 10 games over 46 -______- and i didnt know that. Ugh. 

It's a shame that there isn't an on-screen notification once you hit max games, isn't it. Them just no longer adding to your game count can be pretty easy to miss.

18 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

It's a shame that there isn't an on-screen notification once you hit max games, isn't it. Them just no longer adding to your game count can be pretty easy to miss.

the number on the screen just wont increase anymore

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

the number on the screen just wont increase anymore

Yes, I know, and that's very easy to miss. I'm talking about a pop-up telling you you're wasting your time now, basically. lol.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that when you get the larger net power up, it seems like more times than not, the other team gets the yooyu and scores? I am not getting that dang power up anymore, lol.  When I do, my team runs around like morons and nobody will grab the ball, they always get it snatched away, they always skid past where I want them to stop, and it is mostly when the large net is open.  It has to programmed to make it more difficult for us when the net is opened up.  LOL.  IDK, maybe I am just more conscious of it at that time.

5 hours ago, GillyTook said:

http://www.neopets.com/~AbsoluteCorruption?t=19

This page has up to rank 19, I think?  Is that the actual top, or do I need to triple that?

All-Star is probably Rank 20, but yeah, you'd need to triple that. The numbered levels stop at 19, but if you look at the 'Select target rank' bit, you'll see you can also select 'Double All-Star', 'Triple All-Star' and 'Quad All-Star' - these are the ranks you should aim for if you really want all the top prizes, but honestly, it's a lot of work. I only made (regular) All-Star once, and that took so much time. I have no idea how anyone who makes double, triple or quad All-Star does it.

25 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that when you get the larger net power up, it seems like more times than not, the other team gets the yooyu and scores? I am not getting that dang power up anymore, lol.  When I do, my team runs around like morons and nobody will grab the ball, they always get it snatched away, they always skid past where I want them to stop, and it is mostly when the large net is open.  It has to programmed to make it more difficult for us when the net is opened up.  LOL.  IDK, maybe I am just more conscious of it at that time.

Lol, I had noticed that lately, so you might be right. Or maybe we just hate wasting a power-up, so this is the ball-stealing moment we remember. ?