New Altador Cup Avatars Released!

hrtbrk

Yes, these are totally cool!! Plus I LOVE my team's avatar.  My pet is all decked out in her team gear, now I have my team avatar to boot.  What do you think @Scoobert_Doo? Does our Avatar rock or what?:rock:

2 hours ago, phill said:

I got mine earlier. This is going to cause some team hopping in the future, isnt it.

!!!! This hadn't even entered my head, but OMG! You're so right!

There was me thinking why has it taken so long for AC avatars to appear, but maybe this is why, lol!

I don't want to change teams!! But . . . ALL THOSE AVATARS!!

SUCH CONFLICT!!!

. . .

I'm having an Angelo level of exclaiming here, I think I need to go lie down. :P

Ugh, all these animated avatars and Faerieland is just still. ?

I like the idea of new avatars but seriously?!!

Just now, Kute said:

This is so exciting! Uh... wait ? We can already play?????‍♀️ I thought I had to wait til june 6 th lol... Dang it. 

Get with the program, missy!!

*shoos you off to the collosseum*

it will take 18 years to get them all 

provided you play for a different team each year

i'm sure some crazy people are contemplating that idea already 

29 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

i think it's a mistake and they'll fix it ... 

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

it will take 18 years to get them all 

provided you play for a different team each year

i'm sure some crazy people are contemplating that idea already 

Hey, don't call me crazy!! ?

Yup, so I'll be 74 *splutter* by the time my collection is complete!

I was changing team every year already anyway LOL. I'll have to re-pick the teams from all previous years though but that's ok for me :P

7 hours ago, lojoco49 said:

Hey, don't call me crazy!! ?

Yup, so I'll be 74 *splutter* by the time my collection is complete!

#lifegoals ?

It undoubtedly wasn't intentional, I mean this is JS we're talking about here . . . but they've inadvertently given a significant percentage of Neopians a cast-iron reason to keep playing for the next 18 years, lol.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:03 PM, rntracy1 said:

Yes, these are totally cool!! Plus I LOVE my team's avatar.  My pet is all decked out in her team gear, now I have my team avatar to boot.  What do you think @Scoobert_Doo? Does our Avatar rock or what?:rock:

Yep, @rntracy1. I do have to agree. Our Terror Mountain avatars rock! Glad we stuck with the same team as last year.

What @phill said is true. I first saw that on the "Site Events" Neoboard, and then took a look at the AC XIII FAQ:

19) I just got an Altador Cup team avatar! Will this add to my permanent avatar count?

No, these team avatars are just so you can show your support for your team on the Neoboards. They will disappear at the end of the tournament.

So, @Angeló called it. I guess they did "fix" it. Kinda happy and kinda sad. But, this seems like a JS/TNT M.O. Sorry @hrtbrk to be the bearer of bad news. I appreciate all of the hard work it took to update the TDN Avatar Checklists.

Ah! Kudos to JS then. I wonder if they actually realised the problem they were causing themselves, and changed things, or if the reaction on the boards let them know. Or if they were always just temporary.

On 6/4/2018 at 6:18 PM, Mouseykins said:

Yeah Faerieland and Altador are the only two with no animations! What a bummer. I bet those were the last two they made and got lazy and didn't want to finish LOL

Although I'm torn too! I want them all, but I DON'T want to switch teams, I've been with Faerieland for 5 years!

So these avatars are just the chat icons that have been available for years, right? So I took a look at the page they're on and Faerieland's DID show an animation (I never looked at Altador's) but it only showed it the once, it was a Bruce. Looking at the team I see that's the captain.

4cj3zq9.jpg

If I refresh the page he appears again, but not for long! Max of 3 times before disappearing again so far, but mostly just the once.

Having made a point of watching the Altador one too now, it's the same deal, there's a Poogle there who scoots through and then doesn't come back, lol. So I guess this is OLD dodgy coding and not to be blamed on JS (for a change xD).

7 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Yeah Faerieland and Altador are the only two with no animations! What a bummer. I bet those were the last two they made and got lazy and didn't want to finish LOL

Although I'm torn too! I want them all, but I DON'T want to switch teams, I've been with Faerieland for 5 years!

It is actually animated with Kakoni. Like @jellysundae said they're the chat icons that they just reuploaded and applied as avatars.

They'll only be available for the AC season too and my guess will be removed from your list afterwards.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, Mouseykins said:

Yeah, I noticed that too.  There is SOOOOO much they could have done with faerieland too to make it look cool.  What a let down?

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, jellysundae said:

#lifegoals ?

It undoubtedly wasn't intentional, I mean this is JS we're talking about here . . . but they've inadvertently given a significant percentage of Neopians a cast-iron reason to keep playing for the next 18 years, lol.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Yep, @rntracy1. I do have to agree. Our Terror Mountain avatars rock! Glad we stuck with the same team as last year.

Yep, totally.  I am glad too.  Plus, our team is doing fairly well.  I am very pleased.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, phill said:

I'm hearing the avatars are temporary. That will solve the team hopping issue if true.

That is disappointing.  I think the avatars should be a one shot/time deal.  Kind of like the royal korbat, you get one or the other.  So, once you have a team avatar, that's it.  I understand the fact that people might join a team for the first time, and not want to stay on the team.  OR, if you switch teams, your avatar switches too!  THAT would solve the problem too.  So if you aren't happy with your team/avatar, you can switch, and your avatar switches, but you don't get to keep the old avatar.  

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:53 AM, jellysundae said:

Ah! Kudos to JS then. I wonder if they actually realised the problem they were causing themselves, and changed things, or if the reaction on the boards let them know. Or if they were always just temporary.

I think my answer above would solve the problem too.  I really would like to keep the avatar, but I do realize the issues it would cause by people switching teams.  I think, ONE avatar and that's it.  You switch teams, you forfeit your avatar.

9 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

You switch teams, you forfeit your avatar.

Like the emo shop keeper . . .

I dunno though, I think giving people an avatar then taking it away if they change teams would be being needlessly cruel, no-one should feel punished for switching teams. It would be nice if there was some kind of visible pat on the head for being loyal, but I'd want an avatar that showed my team AND the amount of years I've stayed with them, and that would require a lot of work on TNT's part so it's not very realistic.

I'm just glad that someone had a lightbulb moment and thought to use the AIM icons as avatars, and as someone on the boards pointed out, ANY of those icons could be made into avatars with a small bit of thought. Once the AC is over I'm going to try to remember to make a thread about it and we can have some fun dreaming up scenarios for them, there's LOADS of 'em! ? a totally wasted resource right now.

Who wouldn't want THIS as an avatar?! aim_angry_haseepuss.gif  ? Though what possible reason there could be behind it, who knows! xDD