Exactly! I just got done looking back at previous AC folders. Going back to the 7th AC, when I returned to Neopets from hiatus. And it was kinda crazy to see the scores and number of saved screenshots. I did find a screenshot of my stats from the 9th AC in 2014, the ONE TIME I made All-star. 1328 wins, with 15,038 goals. Which is only a bit over 11 goals per game on the average. I had a handful of support games played that year too, 12 SS, 18 MSN, and 4 SoSD.

If I could get All-Star WITH how I've been scoring in more recent years, well, like you said, it wouldn't count toward prize points, so it wouldn't matter. But if scores COUNTED for prize points, that would be so sweet! I'm not necessarily advocating EACH GOAL count for prize points. But, perhaps in tiers. Like, every 4th goal gets you say 10 extra prize points, 8 would get you 20, 12 maybe 30, 16+ 40. or SOMETHING like that.

Hmm, maybe if it was done by score average ? I mean once everything was over, if your goals per game averaged above x amount you got y bonus points ?  something along those lines ? Just trying to think of something not too convoluted, lol.

Maybe! I hadn't thought of that! But any of the options you or I've mentioned would, I would THINK, encourage people to keep working to improve their game. Instead of maybe getting a goal or two and then playing Keep-Away from the computer-controlled team so they can't score. And if it didn't count toward personal rank, or team rankings, then I would think it'd be pretty FAIR. I mean just some prize shop, points should be fine, considering the players who probably regularly get All-Star, double All-Star or higher.

4 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Maybe! I hadn't thought of that! But any of the options you or I've mentioned would, I would THINK, encourage people to keep working to improve their game. Instead of maybe getting a goal or two and then playing Keep-Away from the computer-controlled team so they can't score. And if it didn't count toward personal rank, or team rankings, then I would think it'd be pretty FAIR. I mean just some prize shop, points should be fine, considering the players who probably regularly get All-Star, double All-Star or higher.

OH OH! It MIGHT mean that some people actually stood more of a chance of getting the top prizes without having to literally cripple themselves and get no sleep for weeks and STILL not have enough points.

The whole set up's a little bit odd really, isn't it. maybe it makes people focus a little bit too much on personal rank, to the detriment of their team.

Well, what's good for the team is personal rank, and visa versa right? I mean, the more wins you get helps the team, even draws help the team and give points toward the team's victory and by how wide of a margin. So, if your goals count toward helping the team anyway, I don't see any reason why getting some prize shop points for higher scoring would be a bad thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but high scores, wins, and ranks seem to go hand-in-hand-in-hand. ?

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Well, what's good for the team is personal rank, and visa versa right? I mean, the more wins you get helps the team, even draws help the team and give points toward the team's victory and by how wide of a margin. So, if your goals count toward helping the team anyway, I don't see any reason why getting some prize shop points for higher scoring would be a bad thing. Maybe I'm missing something, but high scores, wins, and ranks seem to go hand-in-hand-in-hand. ?

Yeah I think basically I'm just confusing myself now and don't know what I'm talking about. xD

Idly pondering, what if you had to EARN a spot on a team?   You want to play the Krawk Island team?   How many dubloons do you have?   How often do you do anchor management?  Do you have a pirate themed neopet?   Want to play for Faerielend?   How many quests have you done recently?
I'm not sure how you'd qualify for the different lands, but something to make it a little tougher for bot accounts to all pick the same team.

1 minute ago, Rayd1978 said:

Idly pondering, what if you had to EARN a spot on a team?   You want to play the Krawk Island team?   How many dubloons do you have?   How often do you do anchor management?  Do you have a pirate themed neopet?   Want to play for Faerielend?   How many quests have you done recently?
I'm not sure how you'd qualify for the different lands, but something to make it a little tougher for bot accounts to all pick the same team.

That, WOULD be kind of interesting. Like qualifying try-outs for the teams. Hmmm.... Interesting indeed. But since the AC as it is takes about a whole month, I don't know if TNT would want to add qualifiers. (We've seen what extended plots can be like with the Wraith Resurgence one) Although, it would be nice to kill the bots. I don't think it's possible to completely eradicate them though. If TNT could either clean up some of the oddities that can happen in YYB, or maybe update the "sports announcers'" dialog, that would be nice. I believe the copyright info is out of date too. Since the AC is over, we can't check YYB, but I believe the copyright notice at the bottom of the initial screen for the game lists the year up to 2012. Which might've been the last time they updated the game. I can't say for sure, I didn't pay TOO close attention to it. lol

Anyway, it's an interesting idea to have some kind of qualifier. You could always pose that question to the Neopian Times Editorial, see what TNT says if they answer it. ?

1 hour ago, Rayd1978 said:

That's a really interesting concept! I LOVE the idea, I mean it would engage people for way longer than the games themselves.

So, Ray, what would  @Angeló and myself need to do to qualify for Shenkuu then? Lay it all out, lol.

42 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

That's a really interesting concept! I LOVE the idea, I mean it would engage people for way longer than the games themselves.

So, Ray, what would  @Angeló and myself need to do to qualify for Shenkuu then? Lay it all out, lol.

Solve the mysterious negg of course! Or the lunar temple. Or get a certain score at Shenkuu Warior. Or have a stealthy pet lol

26 minutes ago, Duma said:

Solve the mysterious negg of course! Or the lunar temple. Or get a certain score at Shenkuu Warior. Or have a stealthy pet lol

Ah yes, those first two, I can do those. I even get the lunar temple correct sometimes. :ph34r: Let's see if today is one of those days . . .

The wise Gnorbu says: "I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Keep studying the lunar chart and try again tomorrow. Here is a consolation prize for your efforts."
gif_magnet_shenkuu.gif

*coughs*

13 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I think it might have to do with the fact that not everyone is good at the games, and there are already several events - like DD and GMC, but also some plots - that rely on being good at games. With the AC, even if you suck at one or more of the games, you can still have a shot at reaching All-Star. I'm not saying it wouldn't be interesting to have scores come into play (and not just for Yooyuball then, obviously, but for all the games), but it would make the AC much more like other events.

3 hours ago, Rayd1978 said:

This would definitely complicate things for the cheaters! :D

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ah yes, those first two, I can do those. I even get the lunar temple correct sometimes. :ph34r: Let's see if today is one of those days . . .

The wise Gnorbu says: "I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Keep studying the lunar chart and try again tomorrow. Here is a consolation prize for your efforts."
gif_magnet_shenkuu.gif

*coughs*

i sure can eat A LOT of Sushi

19 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i sure can eat A LOT of Sushi

I think this is an EXCELLENT qualifier for playing for Shenkuu. ?