Nine New Stamp Avatars Released!

hrtbrk

Nine new avatars I'll never have. I kind of wish they would stop doing this, especially so many at a time. 

I guess I should be relieved though. I'd had my sights set on completing the Altador album soon in case an avatar was released, and now that probably won't ever happen because of the skyrocketing prices. But I don't even care that much, cause it's ugly! There were several better stamps they could've used for the avatar. 

10 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

because of the skyrocketing prices

Yeah I've just realised this is going to happen. ._.

Let's hope they release a few retired stamps every now and then so that some people can actually get one of these.

On a different note, I actually like the idea of releasing a bunch of new avatars all at the same time. I just wish they weren't stamp avatars :P

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I called it, @Angeló ? Which one/s of these are you gonna be ranting about?

probably the Coconuts cuz i've been collecting them and now they'll skyrocket in price !!!!!!!!!!

They are paying attention, and are aware they messed up doing this, at least.

Wait, we saw so many requests for [stamp avatars], we didn't even stop to think whether there were any drawbacks to doing this. Meh. *Another* lesson learnt for next time. Sigh.

Yes, we always intended to release more avatars for other areas of the site, but now it looks like we need to push that up the priority list.

We do want to rerelease some of the very rare, old stamps. I've seen Dr. Sloth's Auctions, but like you said, only the super rich will ever be able to get them, again. Do you have any more suggestions on how we can do this 'carefully'? Adding them to dailies but making them extremely difficult to get seems like a good idea..

This is c/p from Jellyneo so I don't know where it is on the boards, or who said it, but it "sounds" like hardtotame again.

The user base having to train TNT is like watching a baby learn to walk, isn't it. But it's still AMAZING that there's actual communication going on now!

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

They are paying attention, and are aware they messed up doing this, at least.

This is c/p from Jellyneo so I don't know where it is on the boards, or who said it, but it "sounds" like hardtotame again.

The user base having to train TNT is like watching a baby learn to walk, isn't it. But it's still AMAZING that there's actual communication going on now!

I'm glad they are FINALLY paying attention and listening to us. Afterall, without us, they'd have no site or followers.

Learning to walk is a hazardous business! I hope TNT has a fully-stocked web-survival first-aid kit in their offices. ?

50 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

I'm glad they are FINALLY paying attention and listening to us. Afterall, without us, they'd have no site or followers.

Learning to walk is a hazardous business! I hope TNT has a fully-stocked web-survival first-aid kit in their offices. ?

What I'm really intrigued about is WHY this communication started. The current team have never done it before, have they, and the communication that's happening now is from a different person; a back-room boffin not the "front of house" people who usually interact, no that's wrong isn't it, because they don't interact! They patronise, and they cherry-pick their patronising responses, but they rarely  actually interact.

To me it seems like maybe hardtotame took it upon themselves to let us know about a particular thing, maybe because someone had to and there was no-one else available rather than them throwing their hands up in disgust and going over Scrappy/Jade's heads, they seem way too professional to do something like that, and they've now become an accidental ambassador. I can't help but feel that Scrappy's probably pretty green about the sudden out-pouring of love going to someone else. Someone who actually deserves it, too. :ph34r:

I'm just glad that there's someone/s on JN who's active on the boards and can relay what's being said, because trawling every topic out there certainly isn't MY idea of fun! :arrowhead:

I wonder what they'll come up with to deal with this particular "crisis" of their own creation then, and whether it will actually work, or just cause more problems of its own . . .

the prices got insane .. 

i was collecting the Coconuts slowly , one by one , for like 200-250k a piece , and now they're like 700-900k a piece , and eventually they'll settle at about 500k

seriously they can't do this to us ! 

I realllly hope this means some retired stamps come back out on re-release. I have like, 8 pages that are just missing one or two stamps, but they haven't been seen on the site since like, 2003 haha.