AC XIII Staff Tournament - Who's Your Dream Team?

Today is the start of the ACXIII Staff Tournament. Who did you pick? Here is my lineup:

Senormalo

Gingersnap

Scrappy

Kikocat

Ehlo Froyo - Also picked as "Star Player".

Basing picks from last year's Staff Torunament, here: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48542-altador-cup-staff-tournament/

Some players are gone, and there are some new ones. Hoping past performance will show with this Tournament. I do wonder about Scrappy, though. Seems to be MIA, but I guess we will see. Don't forget to post your team's results at the end of Round 1. Looks like there is a new option this year, for the Star Player. This will be interesting! So, what are you waiting for?!

Hmmm

I don't know yet, but I always take a screenshot of my picks from the previous year and if some staff I picked form the previous year are no longer available I pick and hope luck is with me. Especially for the first week. Then like everyone, I shift staff picks around depending on their weekly performance. It works pretty well. Last year I had close to 30,000 points from the Staff Tourney. I wish I could say the same for my paltry performance in games-played for the regular AC last year. lol I can score high, but can't play for very long at a time. lol

EDIT:
Did my looking and made my team for the 1st week of the Staff tourney.
Senor malo
DJ Skellington
Axe Bond
Scrappy
Ehlo Froyo

With Ehlo Froyo as my star player. She's for Maraqua, how could I not pick her? lol

I don't wanna pick Scrappy ? But I suppose I will, she did kick butt last year. I thought she was back now?

Where's mine from last year . . .

iVvUPTT.png&key=aad753afca7521e1c9b02bbb

Here we go. Kikokat and Ehlo Froyo  are a must. Scrappy, I guess *grumbles* Look at her quote this year! *sticks pin in her ego*

Agog wasn't much cop initially last year and didn't hit her stride until the last round, the choices for forwards isn't very good, is it. DJ Sally again? She's RUBBISH!

6 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Just curious, @jellysundae, who did you pick as your "Star Player"?

Same as you :nod_yes:

*** You selected EhLo FrOyo as star player ***

your-team-forwards.png your-team-defenders.png your-team-goalie.png
gingersnap.png

senormalo.png

kikocat.png

scrappy.png

ehlo-froyo.png

I kind of wanted to give the new people a try. Even Jade because I feel bad about my uncharitable feelings towards her. >_< I'll see how Gingersnap and Senor Malo do first though.

These are my pics for this round:

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 7.24.12 PM.png

Giving Jade a try because I'm a loyal Faerie and have to pick Faerieland. Looks like most of us are thinking the same thing. :D

AC_XIII_Staff_Tournament_Team_pick_Round

Since Cherry Blossom seems to have left, I traded her in for the new TM player, Ghost Pepper. Other than that, I remained loyal to the team I picked last year, since they got me over 30k points in the end. :D I'm hoping Ghost Pepper will be a good replacement for Cherry Blossom though.

Here's my team, it's based on last years results and my own expierence, I hope they'll do good!

image.png

I'm sure the male players are feeling a bit put out by the amount of Neopians who are picking the girls, because if we're anything to go by, most of us are. It amuses me vastly, as in general guys do NOT like girls being better at sports than them, do they. ?

So I'll be VERY interested to see if any of them perform better this year because they feel their masculinity under threat. @Scoobert_Doo let's have a guy's opinion on this, what say you?

Speaking of poor performances; I wonder if the less than stellar players: DJ Sally; Axe Bond; Ppod - dread the AC coming around because they know they're rubbish. >_<

13 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm sure the male players are feeling a bit put out by the amount of Neopians who are picking the girls, because if we're anything to go by, most of us are. It amuses me vastly, as in general guys do NOT like girls being better at sports than them, do they. ?

So I'll be VERY interested to see if any of them perform better this year because they feel their masculinity under threat. @Scoobert_Doo let's have a guy's opinion on this, what say you?

Speaking of poor performances; I wonder if the less than stellar players: DJ Sally; Axe Bond; Ppod - dread the AC coming around because they know they're rubbish. >_<

For me, it's all about the points. Last year, for the Staff Tournament, I picked Senormalo and DJ Skellington. Unfortunately, DJ didn't play as well as some of the female players, so I switched him out. And, yes, there may have been a few other "dudes" in the pick, as I thought they'd perform better. Just can't remember. If it was me, I would play harder to try and beat their scores. It seems the Staff male players, overall, don't score as well as the ladies do. So, I'm going for past performances for this first round pick. If some of the guys do better, I will consider switching them out. And this is why I liked the AC Staff Tournament post/topic from last year. With many TDNers posting their results, it helped me, and I'm sure, others, stack their team to get the most points they could, even though the prizes are usually "meh".

8 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

And this is why I liked the AC Staff Tournament post/topic from last year. With many TDNers posting their results, it helped me, and I'm sure, others, stack their team to get the most points they could, even though the prizes are usually "meh".

Yes! I switched to Scrappy last year after seeing other people's results with her. I'm very interested to see how the new blood manages this year.

5 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Yes! I switched to Scrappy last year after seeing other people's results with her. I'm very interested to see how the new blood manages this year.

To be honest, I was (yes, I really was) surprised there was no "Jade" in the mix. After all, see is an assistant NT Editor. (I personally think see now IS the NT Editor). Now, if "hardtotame" was a player, DEFINITELY would be picking.

17 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

To be honest, I was (yes, I really was) surprised there was no "Jade" in the mix. After all, see is an assistant NT Editor. (I personally think see now IS the NT Editor). Now, if "hardtotame" was a player, DEFINITELY would be picking.

Jade is an option. ? I'd love it if hardtotame had an AC character, maybe next year? Who knows? Or she might have been asked and not wanted to . . . *sigh* so very vexing to not know what's going on behind the scenes! lol. 

2 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Jade is an option. ? I'd love it if hardtoteam had an AC character, maybe next year? Who knows? Or she might have been asked and not wanted to . . . *sigh* so very vexing to not know what's going on behind the scenes! lol. 

Oh...she is. *Feeling daft*

I blame it on playing too much Yooyuball. I'm lucky if I remember my name after maxing...

1 minute ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Oh...she is. *Feeling daft*

I blame it on playing too much Yooyuball. I'm lucky if I remember my name after maxing...

I feel like that after just one game, so count your blessings. ?

So far I've managed to gain a rank a day playing sosd, but it's up to 300+ to get to Rank 8 and I can't see myself doing that in one day.

Well I'm trying to pick my team, but it won't let me. Every-time I click "Choose This Team" a blank window pops up and I can't proceed, this is REALLY annoying.

IF I ever get it to work this is who I picked lol;

Forwards
Jade
Senormalo

Defenders
Scrappy (I DO NOT LIKE HER! But oh well xD)
Kikocat

Goalie
EhLo ?❤️

Star Player choosen was EhLo

My guess as far as Star Player goes is who you think will score the most points and I would ASSUME that whoever you chose you get double/extra points added on to their score.

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

Well I'm trying to pick my team, but it won't let me.

I'm afraid you might have missed your chance to pick for Round 1 as it's currently under way? ?

Scrappy (I DO NOT LIKE HER! But oh well xD)

I think SO many people's opinions of Scrappy have veered towards the negative since this time last year. At that point she wasn't grating on anyone's nerves, she was new and her enthusiasm seemed sweet and genuine, AND she prodded buttock (+1 if you get that ref) at the AC so everyone liked her.

One year on though . . . ?

On 6/11/2018 at 6:07 AM, jellysundae said:

I'm afraid you might have missed your chance to pick for Round 1 as it's currently under way? ?

I think SO many people's opinions of Scrappy have veered towards the negative since this time last year. At that point she wasn't grating on anyone's nerves, she was new and her enthusiasm seemed sweet and genuine, AND she prodded buttock (+1 if you get that ref) at the AC so everyone liked her.

One year on though . . . ?

It let me pick it, it said it doesn't do it till Friday and I don't think it matters until the scores are actually "posted"

36 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

It let me pick it, it said it doesn't do it till Friday and I don't think it matters until the scores are actually "posted"

Oh I'm glad it worked for you in the end!

First round scores are in. I've got 7963 points, switched my team a little bit by swapping the goalie and switched star player:

image.png

Remember, you have until midnight Monday to choose your team or make roster changes

I got 7367 points. Too bad, I'll have to change Ghost Pepper (probably for Señor Malo), because she definitely didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I'm going to give Ehlo Froyo another chance though, since she did so well last year.

Not sure who to pick as star player now, especially considering what they wrote about how the star player is chosen:

For this round, the star was chosen on the basis of scores and Scrappy came out tops. Things are going to be very different for Round 2. How, you ask? Well, who knows? You will have to do the guessing so get busy!

How else are they going to pick a star player, if not based on scores? So confusing. It's just a wild guess then. Eenie meenie miney moe... Kikocat!

Also, why does Ehlo Froyo capitalize random letters of her name?:

AC_XIII_Staff_Tournament_results_Round_1

Congratulations! Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 4002 Neopoints!
image.thumb.png.ee69d4ea9bfd425bbf11ffd788b15ec2.png

Ehlo wasn't up to her normal standard, but I'll stick with her I think.

Not sure how to change things as of yet, how long do we get to decide? WAIT *reads* Monday night, ok.

This Star Player thing seems typically JS in the worse kind of way so far, doesn't it. >_<

53 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I got 7367 points. Too bad, I'll have to change Ghost Pepper (probably for Señor Malo), because she definitely didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I'm going to give Ehlo Froyo another chance though, since she did so well last year.

Not sure who to pick as star player now, especially considering what they wrote about how the star player is chosen:

How else are they going to pick a star player, if not based on scores? So confusing. It's just a wild guess then. Eenie meenie miney moe... Kikocat!

Also, why does Ehlo Froyo capitalize random letters of her name?:

AC_XIII_Staff_Tournament_results_Round_1

could be based on number of games played. Or a combination of them. Same way as the team winners are chosen?

1 minute ago, Duma said:

could be based on number of games played. Or a combination of them. Same way as the team winners are chosen?

All good options. I also considered 'greatest improvement between round 1 and 2', since some players improve a lot in round 2 (or do worse).