AC XIII Staff Tournament - Who's Your Dream Team?

Nosy me wishes we knew what the parameters for the staff tourney are. Duma saying about number of games played got me thinking, you see. I'd always assumed they would have to play a set number of games each, but we don't actually KNOW.

Improvement from one round to the next would be a good option for round 2, agree there!

OMG, just seen on JN that if we'd picked Scrappy as star player we'd have won a Scrappy bobblehead. I'm not sure I could have lived with that, I'd have wanted to rip its head off and throw it out of the window. ?

Seriously LOOK AT THIS THING!!!

Tell me that is NOT going NYAH NYAH NYAH at you!

Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 3278 Neopoints!

Womp womp. Hopefully I do better next week 

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Nosy me wishes we knew what the parameters for the staff tourney are. Duma saying about number of games played got me thinking, you see. I'd always assumed they would have to play a set number of games each, but we don't actually KNOW.

Improvement from one round to the next would be a good option for round 2, agree there!

OMG, just seen on JN that if we'd picked Scrappy as star player we'd have won a Scrappy bobblehead. I'm not sure I could have lived with that, I'd have wanted to rip its head off and throw it out of the window. ?

Seriously LOOK AT THIS THING!!!

Tell me that is NOT going NYAH NYAH NYAH at you!

You should display a warning, for that link. I do see the "NYAH NYAH NYAH", but what I truly get is "Soon Soon Soon"...

EDIT: 14 Jun2018 - Apologies for the late post. Score for Round 1 - 8005. Changed my team up, as follows:

Seniormalo (No change)

Agog (Switched out for Gingersnap)

Scrappy (No change)

Kikocat (No change)

Binary Supagoo (Switched out for EhLo FrOyo - May end up regretting this)

And for Star Player, Binary Supagoo.

And, speaking of Star Player, it looks like the criteria will change, per round. I have a feeling the same Star Player will not be picked twice. Picked Binary Supagoo hoping he will get the most goalie saves, but it's anyone's guess how they choose.

10 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

You should display a warning, for that link. I do see the "NYAH NYAH NYAH", but what I truly get is "Soon Soon Soon"...

Haha, I nearly did! ? I apologise for any trauma I caused anyone by not doing so. :ph34r:

Looking at all the results WARNING: Bobblehead alert, hit that END key on opening the link to avoid it, scroll up AT YOUR PERIL!

It seems none of the newbies are any good at YYB! Though none of them are as bad as Ppod, that's a truly terrible score from him. ?

Kikocat is the star player for week 2. Don't forget to pick a team and a star player for this last week!

I didn't change my team and picked Senor Malo as star player just because it would be cool to have a bobblehead from him. Plus I just think a guy should be a star player too. Week 1 and 2 were both girls (nothing wrong with that) but come on TNT guys, you can do this too!

I just logged in to discover that I guessed right and received the Kikocat bobblehead... except mine does not bobble. Assuming it's not just mine and the item is glitched for everyone? Oh JS... must there be little glitches in every thing we do?  I'll grant I was annoyed by the bobble action on the Scrappy one last week and I sold it as fast as I could but ARGH. There are likely to fix this, don't you think? I'm selling this one too, I just think if you're gonna make a bobblehead it should bobble but maybe thats asking a lot...

13 minutes ago, DragonPhoenix said:

I just logged in to discover that I guessed right and received the Kikocat bobblehead... except mine does not bobble. Assuming it's not just mine and the item is glitched for everyone? Oh JS... must there be little glitches in every thing we do?  I'll grant I was annoyed by the bobble action on the Scrappy one last week and I sold it as fast as I could but ARGH. There are likely to fix this, don't you think? I'm selling this one too, I just think if you're gonna make a bobblehead it should bobble but maybe thats asking a lot...

i won it too but it's not Bobbling

Kikocat Bobblehead

i guess they'll fix it soon .. but i'm happy cuz Kikocat is my favorite character

she looks like a real-life friend of mine

Mine's bobbling just fine, so maybe they fixed it:

toy_kikocat_bobblehead.gif

I'm confused as to why she's the star player this round though. The announcement doesn't really make that clear, unless they mean that she was picked because she was the crowd favourite, but in Round 1 they also mentioned both the winner and the crowd favourite, so I don't think that's it. Makes guessing even harder though. Perhaps they want us to go for an underdog next time? There just seem to be quite a few "underdogs" this year...

So, without further ado, here is the big reveal: it's Kikocat! For this week, Kikocat was the crowd favorite, hands down. Fret not if your chosen one didn't make the cut. You still have time. Until then, keep guessing!

Up Next: With two rounds done, a lot of the underdogs are warming up for a big clash next week. Will one of them end up walking away as the winner?

I also noticed quite a few players did worse this round than the previous one, so I'm just going to stick with my current team and hope for the best. Not sure who to pick as Star Player though.

Aw, and there was me thinking Kikocat was just too cool for a bobbly head, lol. Glad they've fixed it anyway, and glad I got this one and NOT the previous one. :ph34r:

Getting to pick a star player is cool and I approve of this, but having to guess at WHY they're star player . . . no. That's just silly!

I might guess that round 3 will be "the most useless player of them all!" so I'll pick Ppod. ?

10 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I ended up going with Agog, purely based on the look of the artwork for the staff members. Her head is drawn in such a way that it'd make a good bobblehead. ?

!!!

That, is most definitely as good as reason as any!

?

Score for Round 2 is 8059. Looks like the changes I made paid off. Glad to see DJ Skellington stepping it up. Not sure what to do for the 3rd and last Round. I do agree with @Duma, though. A guy should be able to be a Star player, too. I guess I'll keep my team line up (no changes) and pick Senor Malo, as a Star Player, like Duma. Here's hoping!

JN's results for Round 2 are intriguing . . .

Results - Goalies
Staffer Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Total
Binary Supagoo 1920 1650 - -
Ehlo Froyo 1220 1200 - -
Ppod 353 - - -
CMA Forrad 530 700 - -

Does this mean poor ol' Ppod's so rubbish no-one picked him for Round 2? Or so few that no-one's submitted results for him as yet. I feel embarrassed for the guy, I'm hoping he won't play next year.

ALSO - just HOW is the staff tourney played? WE can't play as the same player all the time, I wonder how it's done!

Anyway, I'd stuck with my Round 2 team (which was just switching Ehlo Froyo for Binary Supagoo) for Round 3, but now I can see how all have done I think I'll switch things up a bit.

Results - Forwards
DJ Sally 542 625 - -
Agog 1289 1324 - -
Ghost Pepper 758 825 - -
Senor Malo 1455 1445 - -
DJ Skellington 1188 1335 - -
Jade 506 590 - -
Gingersnap 1230 1100 - -
Results - Defenders
Kakarot 1592 1430 - -
Axe Bond 831 826 - -
Max Mutant 1415 1300 - -
Leo 500 550 - -
Scrappy 2180 1870 - -
Kikocat 1920 1770 - -
The Clash 1203 1175 - -

I think I'll change Gingersnap out for Agog. Right now I've got Binary Supagoo as my star player, I don't think I'll alter that.

I'm guessing you won the Bobblehead this round then, @jellysundae? ?

So, the rounds are apprently shorter this year, and there will be 4 instead of three. I think I'll still stick with my team (even though Binary Supagoo is doing better than Ehlo Froyo - I'm illogically loyal to my team). Not sure who to pick for star player though (but what else is new? ? ).

With only one more round to go, everyone will be putting their best hand forward, hoping to make it to the limelight. Your job is simple - guess which staff member will actually take the title!

This kind of sounds like the person with the either the highest score for that round, or the highest score total will be the final star player. Unless they want to focus on the "limelight" part and have it be about attention? Hmmm. I think I should just count myself lucky I guessed correctly once, and not put so much thought into this. :P 

@Nielo I did! Though not as many as some people initially. There was the usual snafu;  people receiving multiples, they appeared to be actively multiplying for some people with them ending up with 6. ?

But they took them ALL away again and ran the script again by the look of it. I had 2, then none, and finished up with one. ?

4 rounds? Interesting! I'm not sure who to pick this time around, obviously it will be a different winner to the previous rounds, but who to pick!

Oh, hey! Maybe THAT is why they did this Star Player thing the way they have, so it would definitely be a different person winning it each round . . .

30 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

@Nielo I did! Though not as many as some people initially. There was the usual snafu;  people receiving multiples, they appeared to be actively multiplying for some people with them ending up with 6. ?

But they took them ALL away again and ran the script again by the look of it. I had 2, then none, and finished up with one. ?

4 rounds? Interesting! I'm not sure who to pick this time around, obviously it will be a different winner to the previous rounds, but who to pick!

Oh, hey! Maybe THAT is why they did this Star Player thing the way they have, so it would definitely be a different person winning it each round . . .

Lol, yeah I think I saw something on the boards about people receiving 5. ?

I do think that's why they organised it this way, otherwise there'd definitely be a good chance one or two staff members would be star player each round.

I'm just keeping my team as it is, it wasn't the highest score this round but I have faith in DJ Skellington! For Star player keeping Malum again. It just has to be 2-2 female - male as star players. It was Malum or Binary, too bad I didn't pick Binary last round.

I'm keeping my team the same this round as well. I'm pretty pleased with how they all performed this week. I'm only one off of the 'highest scoring team', and that's because I absolutely refuse to use Scrappy. She could win 10k points for all I care, she is not welcome on my team. 

For star player, I'm sticking with Senor Malo. He's always been my favorite TNT ACer, and I'm really hoping he'll win this last round! (But who knows, since we still have NO idea what the criteria are.)

Score for Round 3 is 8679. Like @jellysundae, I had the highest scoring team, too, but I didn't pick the Star Player. So, for the final (?) round, keeping the same team and Star Player pick:

Senor Malo (Star Player pick)

Agog

Scrappy

Kikocat

Binary_supagoo

As far as Star Player, it's anyone's guess. But, Scrappy, Kikocat, and Binary_supagoo have already "won", so thinking it could be Senor Malo or Agog, as they have also been part of the "Best Team" scorers.

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

so thinking it could be Senor Malo or Agog, as they have also been part of the "Best Team" scorers.

Yeah that's why I've picked Agog, plus her artwork makes her look like a nice person, lol. I don't suppose that's actually what she looks like, Scrappy looks nothing like her Neo character.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, jellysundae said:

Yeah that's why I've picked Agog, plus her artwork makes her look like a nice person, lol. I don't suppose that's actually what she looks like, Scrappy looks nothing like her Neo character.

The artwork for her is not very flattering. ? I always wondered if the staff looked anything like the artwork.

(Am I the only one who doesn't hate Scrappy? I know she was a bit annoying in the editorial, but she's... just doing her job. Pretty sure she's just the messenger. Did she do something else that I'm not aware of?)