Stuck on Farmer Constellation

Tenar

I recently came back to Neopets after 10 years away, and wondered why I didn't have the Royal Astronomer trophy because I remembered participating in the Altador plot. Turns out I only filled out two constellations, so I'm currently trying to complete the whole thing and I'm stuck on The Farmer constellation.

I'm having the same issue that a bunch of other people did. My coordinates are correct and I've done all the necessary steps in the plot, but it's telling me that my stars don't match. I've already checked the coordinates and retraced my steps several times following the TDN guide. I've also redrawn the constellation in a different order each time, but that didn't help. I cleared my cache twice and refreshed my numbers.

The middle star on the rightmost line slightly overlaps instead of connecting directly, but I don't have any other place to put it that would make sense. In all the other screenshots I've seen, the middle star connects smoothly. I'm wondering if that's what's messing it up. Do the stars actually change position and would it just be a matter of waiting?

From what I've read on here it sounds like people had success with this issue after just trying to submit the constellation a bunch of times, or after clearing their cache but those haven't worked for me. I don't know if that one star is throwing me off. I know this plot is old and probably glitchy.

Here are my coordinates. I used the calculator on TDN and on jellyneo and got the same ones.

(195,-285)
(335,-315)
(205,-365)
(315,-345)
(355,-355)
(275,-225)

My constellation, you can see where the middle star on the rightmost line passes over and doesn't quite connect

altconst2.png.b5ee0c5ba5ee3ccc84623111f0546ce8.png

Plot constellation:

altplotfarm.png.1fd56d31d9a48efa7057a99723a8fddd.png

I was glad to see this plot is still available! I didn't realize it'd be this frustrating ?

Ok. I'm not great at explaining things, but I believe you have the correct star/constellation coordinates. I think you just didn't connect them correctly. So, take the upper/top most star. It looks like you "plotted" a straight line from that top most star, to the very bottom star - the lowest star on the right. What you might want to try, is drawing a line from that top most star, to the middle star. (Middle, being the star between the top most star, and the lowest star - of the three stars on the very right). Then, from the middle star, connect a line from it, to the lowest star on the right. Essentially, making two lines and not one straight line. I hope this makes sense and gets you past this plot part. Please post if it did. Good luck!

13 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Ok. I'm not great at explaining things, but I believe you have the correct star/constellation coordinates. I think you just didn't connect them correctly. So, take the upper/top most star. It looks like you "plotted" a straight line from that top most star, to the very bottom star - the lowest star on the right. What you might want to try, is drawing a line from that top most star, to the middle star. (Middle, being the star between the top most star, and the lowest star - of the three stars on the very right). Then, from the middle star, connect a line from it, to the lowest star on the right. Essentially, making two lines and not one straight line. I hope this makes sense and gets you past this plot part. Please post if it did. Good luck!

Lol wow. This seems so obvious now that I feel dumb making a post about it. I was staring at the constellation for so long I guess I just overlooked connecting that star. I tried doing that and it worked! Thank you so much!